Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: advice on cloning techniques [Re: BigBudz]
    #537768 - 03/18/11 12:35 AM (13 years, 15 days ago)

Quote:

I used to use rockwool, but it gets infected with mold quite easily compared to coco.

On rockwool?

Quote:

Make sure to not use a humidity dome in humid environments. I highly recommend against a humidity dome in general. This forces the plant to root faster, to take up nutrients from the root and not the leaves.

In theory it sound like this would be true but in real life times for rooting under domes or in in humid environments are just as fast as any other method.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBigBudz
USA Mind Controls You!
 User Gallery

Loc: Oakland, CA USA Flag
Re: advice on cloning techniques [Re: Pandor]
    #537776 - 03/18/11 03:26 AM (13 years, 15 days ago)

Quote:

Pandor said:
Bigbudz periodically stops in to give us all a laugh.

:cool:

Dude my rockwool cubes get covered in mold with a humidity dome. Soil weed grow man. Seriously my clones used to like domes a couple years ago, but now they just like soil or coco. It only takes 2-3 weeks for clones in soil. Man soon I'm going have hundreds of clones to sell extras to the club down the street on commission.

I just need a couple more mothers. Everyone likes soil in the Bay; only posers grow in hydro these days. Hydro tastes like shit compared to soil and everyone in the Bay is a premium smoker. Hydro shit doesn't pass the test here man.

--------------------
Art Music Music 2 Music 3

You are most likely being mind controlled if you live in the USA. The technology was discovered back in the late 1980's. You can easily see weird towers on government buildings...
http://www.cheniere.org/misc/sparkoflife.htm#mindcontrol

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: advice on cloning techniques [Re: BigBudz]
    #537784 - 03/18/11 06:11 AM (13 years, 14 days ago)

You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about, do you?

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: advice on cloning techniques [Re: coda]
    #537787 - 03/18/11 06:24 AM (13 years, 14 days ago)

Quote:

I just need a couple more mothers. Everyone likes soil in the Bay; only posers grow in hydro these days. Hydro tastes like shit compared to soil and everyone in the Bay is a premium smoker. Hydro shit doesn't pass the test here man.

I'm in the bay also and have been dealing with the clubs in the area for over 10 years and this statement is completely untrue.

Here is a copy of a post I did over a year and a half ago. I did this in the Bay Area

Ok, I have been growing since the mid 80’s and the entire time I’ve heard how organic bud is better tasting and such. I always felt that this was true just cause when you listen to why it is suppose to be better then buds grown with synthetics or chemical nutrients it seems to make sense. Then I saw this show called bullshit with Penn and Teller and the subject was organic food. I saw the test that they did and I just had to do em with buds.
Well the test was done at 3 different clubs and with a group of growers in Mendocino County. The strain used was Granddaddy Purple.
People were allowed to try free samples of organic grown and buds grown with General Hydroponics nutrients. Flora Nova and Kool Blooms.
Now the samples
2 plates of buds with labels showing but the buds switched. Organic buds in the hydro plate and hydro buds in the organic plate. 2 plates with no labels and the buds were in the right plate. Then for fun (he he he ) two sets of plates one with organic buds in both plates and one with hydro buds in both plates.

The results.
Buds in the right plate but no labels showing  73% of people picked the hydro buds as better tasting and smoking buds.

Buds in the plates with the labels showing but with the buds switched 87% picked the organic side with the hydro buds in the plate. (Even so far as going and saying they can taste the soil then getting very pissed when shown the bud they picked)

Then the same buds divided into two and put into labeled plates. So what I mean here is buds from the same plant put into two plates with different labels to see if anybody would notice. In both sets of plates 87% of people again picked the Organic as better tasting in both sets even though it was the same bud divided into two plates. I heard comments on how the organic tasted “earthy, cleaner, less salty, and one who insisted that the organic buds burnt better then got pissed when told he picked hydro in every instance.

The only people who picked right were people who didn't care if grown organic or grown with raid ant killer as long as they got a free sample.

Both sets of buds were flushed for one week before harvesting.

Conclusion is that properly grown hydro buds seems to be as good in every way as organic buds.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: advice on cloning techniques [Re: Magash]
    #537788 - 03/18/11 06:25 AM (13 years, 14 days ago)

In other words nobody on the planet can tell the difference between hydro and soil grown buds when both are grown right. Simple as that.

--------------------

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: advice on cloning techniques [Re: Magash]
    #537816 - 03/18/11 08:45 AM (13 years, 14 days ago)

For Pandor I wanted to clarify briefly what we mean when we say trim the leaves. Here are some before and after shots I took a year and a half ago when cloning in rockwool.

Had roots poking through the cube on that girl in just around a week flat.

--------------------

InvisiblePandor

Re: advice on cloning techniques [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #537852 - 03/18/11 12:06 PM (13 years, 14 days ago)

Thanks for those pics, Harry.

I think I was cutting too many leaves off and not trimming the ones that were left behind.

We got the inserts for the aerocloner. Probably going to give that a shot in the next few days.

Offlinethe man

#537905 - 03/18/11 03:39 PM (13 years, 14 days ago)

also do you trim up the leaves a day or 2 before you take the cut? gives them time to heal up

InvisiblePandor

#545125 - 04/10/11 10:00 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Harry_Ba11sach said:
No, you'll want to buy neoprene inserts so that you can have the bare stem hanging in the mist. Should be nothing in there but pH'd water and Cloning hormones (roottech or Clonex work the best in my experience).

Thanks for recommending to use that thing and for telling me about the inserts I needed. Most of my new clones in the aerocloner look like the one in your picture now.

The rockwool ones still have a chance they look OK, but not as great as the ones in the aerocloner.

Any advice on taking them out of the aerocloner? I want to put them in coco.

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #545182 - 04/11/11 12:29 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

No problem, I had a feeling that might be just the ticket for you :thumbup:

Just pull out the neoprene insert with the plant still in it, and then carefully open up the slit in the neoprene disc and slide the plant out. It'll take you a couple tries to get the hang of this (I had a hard time with my first 3 or so) but once you get the motion down it's extremely easy.

As for planting them, just basically plant them like you would do a transplant. Fill your pot up with coco most of the way so that when you set the clone in it sticks up as high out of the pot as you want it. Hold the stem to keep the plant upright and centered with one hand while you use the other hand to fill in the rest of the pot so that the new clone roots are buried. I usually water them right then with full strength nutrients (in coco or hempy's) plus a little superthrive and about 2-3ml/gallon of Roots Excelurator.

--------------------

OfflineHempMaster
Space Trucker
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
    #545263 - 04/11/11 12:17 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

If you can afford it, get an ezcloner, they are expensive, m7 60 siter cost $350 but i get full roots in 8 days. My buddy just got a Mystic cloner from Stealth Hydroponics and it works almost aswell it takes him 11 days to fully root a clone and it only cost $80 for an 18 site machine....

check them out:
mystic cloner-
http://www.stealthhydroponics.com/product.php?xProd=407&xSec=22&jssCart=3d504fbbd48c3c673e81264f3ccc4cae

Ezcloner-http://www.progressive-growth.com/proddetail.php?prod=24019

InvisiblePandor

Re: advice on cloning techniques [Re: HempMaster]
    #545492 - 04/11/11 10:25 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

I think with the rockwool, I made the opposite mistake I made last time.
The cubes never dried out, but I think I should have opened the holes and let air in sooner. If you lift the cubes up, you cant see any roots yet.
One plant looked sick and I removed it, but this other one has something that can't be good on it's stem. White dots which I am guessing is mold. I took the domes off, not sure if that was the right decision.

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #545524 - 04/12/11 12:01 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

those dots are soon-to-be-roots.

--------------------

InvisiblePandor

#545561 - 04/12/11 10:01 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

lol at the noob

i was ready to throw it away

:blush:

OfflineDungenessDank
Lord of the Flies

Loc: PNW
    #545564 - 04/12/11 10:08 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

:lol: Good thing harry stepped in.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck