Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinestrangladesh
Stranger
marijuana microproagation 6-bap for callus
    #534818 - 03/08/11 05:55 PM (13 years, 23 days ago)

Should i use 6-bap for callusing. how many ppm? What is a good recipe.

can some one help me out?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: marijuana microproagation 6-bap for callus [Re: strangladesh]
    #534820 - 03/08/11 05:56 PM (13 years, 23 days ago)

Edit: after some research, 6-Bap sounds incredibly interesting. PLEASE try it on a crop and let us know (PICTURES)

--------------------

OfflineDungenessDank
Lord of the Flies

Loc: PNW
Re: marijuana microproagation 6-bap for callus [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #535066 - 03/09/11 06:32 AM (13 years, 23 days ago)

Quote:

Harry_Ba11sach said:
Edit: after some research, 6-Bap sounds incredibly interesting. PLEASE try it on a crop and let us know (PICTURES)

2nd'd

If you are going to attempt a home micro-prop post pictures!

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #535097 - 03/09/11 09:35 AM (13 years, 23 days ago)

Quote:

strangladesh said:
Should i use 6-bap for callusing. how many ppm? What is a good recipe.

can some one help me out?

However, I should add that you DO NOT WANT callusing. Calluses are undifferentiated tissue and in absolutely no way are the beneficial for you as a grower.

--------------------

Offlinethe man

#535100 - 03/09/11 09:41 AM (13 years, 23 days ago)

it is if you want to proliferate or keep a petri sized mother. also can sent wedges of callus pretty easily for perfect clones in small area :smile:

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: marijuana microproagation 6-bap for callus [Re: the man]
    #535101 - 03/09/11 09:42 AM (13 years, 23 days ago)

Yes, like I was saying, completely useless for your standard grower. Have you ever seen a professional microprop setup?

--------------------

Offlinethe man

#535113 - 03/09/11 10:12 AM (13 years, 23 days ago)

yup, my opnion microprop is useless unless you do callus  go figure :smile:

i think for smaller growers would be the best. want to do dif strains but keep a mother but dont have space. cool stuff if you can get ahold of the hormones etc

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #535114 - 03/09/11 10:16 AM (13 years, 23 days ago)

well of course it's useless unless you callus, that's what I'm saying. Almost NO private citizens have access to the plethora of hormones, tissue culturing agar plates, and extreme climate control chambers necessary to adequately utilize the technique. Not to mention the insane amount of time it takes to get perfectly set up.

Would be sweet for the cops to bust someone with 200 strains suspended in microprop fashion though. They would have no idea what they're looking at.

--------------------

Offlinethe man

#535197 - 03/09/11 02:36 PM (13 years, 22 days ago)

ya i mean there is optimum conditions like in mushroom cult then there is the very workable teks peopel come up with.  but if kits or hormones where easy to get i think its awesome to try!

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #535198 - 03/09/11 02:38 PM (13 years, 22 days ago)

I would support it.

I think I'm going to buy some 6-BAP here pretty soon and give it a try on a variety of vegetables. I don't like that it's synthetic, but if it's truly a cytokinin then it should be perfectly healthy for consumption since cytokinins of many different forms are in literally every plant anyone on the planet has ever eaten.

--------------------

Offlinethe man

#535202 - 03/09/11 02:54 PM (13 years, 22 days ago)

you still want to play safe with plant hormones synthed or not esp when concentrated. do it up man keep us posted. is there orchid cloning kits ?

http://www.nutraingredients.com/Research/Breakthrough-for-research-on-plant-hormone-effects

InvisibleDr. Penguin
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #536257 - 03/12/11 11:36 AM (13 years, 19 days ago)

Wow, awesome question, its great to see people interested in micro-prop. I actually have a very well made pdf about the callus culture of cannabis but unfortunately I'm on vacation so I don't have it with me.

Quote:

Almost NO private citizens have access to the plethora of hormones, tissue culturing agar plates, and extreme climate control chambers necessary to adequately utilize the technique. Not to mention the insane amount of time it takes to get perfectly set up.

I don't know if I agree with you harry. I personally have everything I need to induce and set a callus grown plantlet and I'm sure a couple others on this board do as well. In most plants it is relatively trivial to induce a callus to form requiring only a light source, petri dishes, bleach, MS media, and maybe a set of 2-3 hormones to induce root and shoot formation. The biggest challenge in doing this type of propagation is keeping it sterile as fungi and bacteria will try to out-compete the plant for nutrients.

The biggest drawback with this technique is the time required to generate the necessary clones. It can take a couple months to go from a callus to a plantlet that is hardened off and ready to plant. On the other hand, using it as a genetic storage technique is something well within the reach of a home cultivator.

--------------------
* My Cab
* How to Build a Grow Tent
* Fan Speed Control 101
* Easy Butane Extraction

Not responsible for advice not taken.

Offlinethe man

Re: marijuana microproagation 6-bap for callus [Re: Dr. Penguin]
    #536365 - 03/12/11 05:45 PM (13 years, 19 days ago)

so where and how affordable were the hormones ??

Offlinethe man

#536382 - 03/12/11 06:30 PM (13 years, 19 days ago)

have to ask whats in these but may work?  http://www.orchidmall.com/hormones/keikiord.htm

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: marijuana microproagation 6-bap for callus [Re: Dr. Penguin]
    #536383 - 03/12/11 06:31 PM (13 years, 19 days ago)

Quote:

Dr. Penguin said:
Wow, awesome question, its great to see people interested in micro-prop. I actually have a very well made pdf about the callus culture of cannabis but unfortunately I'm on vacation so I don't have it with me.

Quote:

Almost NO private citizens have access to the plethora of hormones, tissue culturing agar plates, and extreme climate control chambers necessary to adequately utilize the technique. Not to mention the insane amount of time it takes to get perfectly set up.

I don't know if I agree with you harry. I personally have everything I need to induce and set a callus grown plantlet and I'm sure a couple others on this board do as well. In most plants it is relatively trivial to induce a callus to form requiring only a light source, petri dishes, bleach, MS media, and maybe a set of 2-3 hormones to induce root and shoot formation. The biggest challenge in doing this type of propagation is keeping it sterile as fungi and bacteria will try to out-compete the plant for nutrients.

The biggest drawback with this technique is the time required to generate the necessary clones. It can take a couple months to go from a callus to a plantlet that is hardened off and ready to plant. On the other hand, using it as a genetic storage technique is something well within the reach of a home cultivator.

Fair enough. I suppose I'm not used to people attempting to micro-prop with civilian setups. All my work with that has been in frighteningly expensive laboratories with extremely rigorous climate controls.

Any pics/more details of your setup?

--------------------

Offlinecanndo
Stranger
 User Gallery

#539254 - 03/23/11 02:27 PM (13 years, 8 days ago)

I have found that Dicamba is your best bet for callus production in Cannibis S.  But I am curious as to why you would want to produce Callus.  I never had a problem establishing roots from callus with C. S. but there is the problem, I have yet to generate a shoot.  Everything I have read indicates that shoot production is very very low.

Offlinecanndo
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: marijuana microproagation 6-bap for callus [Re: canndo]
    #539258 - 03/23/11 02:37 PM (13 years, 8 days ago)

I have been doing micropropagation of our favorite plant for quite some time now.  I will post pictures when I can reduce the size of them for this site.  It is a myth that you need thousands and thousands of dollars to get started.  It is a myth that sterility is an issue - if you can grow mushrooms, you are likely already versed enough in sterile techniques to do this. 

I have done transfers and such in a room with still air only.  Using a decent biocide in your medium helps greatly and I swear by such techniques.  I have designed a very decent establishment protocol and a good multiplication protocol as well.  The chemicals, although expensive because you have to buy in bulk, are cheap because you use so damn little.  Most of them are heat and/or light sensitive and one requires over night shipping but a black bag and a refigerator is all that is needed to keep things safe.

Offlinethe man

#539267 - 03/23/11 02:53 PM (13 years, 8 days ago)

well wonder if stronger hormone mix will make the shoot come faster or is it just a waiting game? pics!!

Offlinecanndo
Stranger
 User Gallery

#539268 - 03/23/11 02:55 PM (13 years, 8 days ago)

No, more is definitely not better, it is the balance that makes all the difference.

Offlinecanndo
Stranger
 User Gallery

#539270 - 03/23/11 02:59 PM (13 years, 8 days ago)

You can indeed generate shoots from shoots - I have been doing it for well over a year now.  My pictures are all 1meg, this site demands .5 meg, is that correct?

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals