Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinealienscience
Farve in training
 User Gallery

Thinking about starting an outdoor plot
    #533730 - 03/06/11 06:13 AM (13 years, 25 days ago)

I'm thinking about doing and outdoor plot with around 100 plants.  I'm going to be using a solar/battery powered water pump and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions.  I'm going out this morning to scout out an area.

--------------------
Official member of MAPS

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHendershot
Shapeshifter
Male User Gallery

Re: Thinking about starting an outdoor plot [Re: alienscience]
    #533779 - 03/06/11 10:44 AM (13 years, 25 days ago)

First suggestion: don't do it. 100 plants is too many. You wanna spend as little time as possible at the plot(s), get in, inspect/feed/water, and gtfo. You should prolly start with 10-20, and split hem into 4-5 different plots. I have ten holes dug and ready, in 4 different spots. I have 2-3 approaches to each location, so I'm not leaving a distinct trail.
Also, I wouldn't leave anything at the sites; water jugs, cigarette packs, etc., anything they can get prints from. Imo, you'd be safer carrying water in than having a pump system. Remember, you wanna be as unobtrusive as possible.

--------------------

"You're cool, you're cool, fuck you, I'm out.."

Offlinealienscience
Farve in training
 User Gallery

Re: Thinking about starting an outdoor plot [Re: Hendershot]
    #533892 - 03/06/11 01:21 PM (13 years, 25 days ago)

Thank you very much for the info Hender.  I think what I'll do is post some 'No Tresspassing' signs with a special description on them to try and "hender" anyone that is not related to the grow away from it.  I went out today and took some pictures of the plot.  They are below, it's on top of a network of streams spanning about the size of a football field.  Theres currently a lot of brush (thorns, fallen trees, leaves) around and the soil is mostly sand/clay, but I think I'll be able to clean it up a lot and make it a nice little plot as long as no one messes with it.  There's also a lot of brush and branches in the stream clogging up the waterway, so I think I may remove them as well to try and help prevent flooding.  I know it can get pretty bad when it rains...I'll just have to wait and see.  Here are some pictures of the plot:

http://s23.photobucket.com/albums/b389/Alienscience/Grow%20Plot/

I'm still deciding whether or not to get a pump.  I really need to find a way to keep people away from it more than anything...I can't deal with assholes.

EDIT: I forgot to mention the coloring spots:

RED - Shallow/Stagnant Water
Green - Flowing Creak/Stream
Yellow - Grow Spots (enough to fit about 25)

--------------------
Official member of MAPS

Edited by alienscience (03/06/11 01:24 PM)

OfflineFlying_Dog
Last man standing
 User Gallery

Loc: Underground
    #534183 - 03/07/11 05:48 AM (13 years, 25 days ago)

How's the sunlight there? Looks alittle dim in the pics especially when the leaves come out.  You don't want to destroy native vegatation.  Pumps are handy and I highly recommend them, just always use running water never stagnent water. Also always bring your personal supply of water, you dont want gardia.

Offlinealienscience
Farve in training
 User Gallery

Re: Thinking about starting an outdoor plot [Re: Flying_Dog]
    #534194 - 03/07/11 07:48 AM (13 years, 24 days ago)

I just got back from clearing out some of the brush.  I cleared out about 3 50 sq. foot plots.  There is a lot of stagnat runoff collections around them, but I think they will either dry out or fill up when spring comes.  I checked out the soil too and it has a good inch of top soil, but turns to very wet clay after that.  I'm probably going to have to plant my sprouts in a some potting soil to ensure healthy placment. 

The thing I'm most afraid of is flooding, I planted in a similar plot about 1/2 of a mile away a couple years ago and it flooded by july.  I don't ever remember this spot flooding, but it's had some major construction work done to it recently and may change completely.

The lighting isn't very well, but there are no large trees blocking the canopy.  It's in a little valley, and sun passes over it rather than through it.  I think it may turn into a plant and 'let grow' type of thing.  I do think I may have some problems with parasites if the stream doesn't clean up though...it's in pretty bad condition.  I think it's used as a sewage line runoff or something.  It has this stench of weird grime. At the very least, it will be a good starter plot for me to learn about outdoor propogation.

--------------------
Official member of MAPS

InvisibleHendershot
Shapeshifter
Male User Gallery

#534200 - 03/07/11 08:17 AM (13 years, 24 days ago)

No offense dude, but the first thing to learn is how to pick a spot. It sounds like you are setting yourself up for problems and disappointment. Sounds like flooding is almost guaranteed, along with a host of other problems, not the least being sewage runoff? Add that to poor sun exposure and recent construction in the area, and you have a recipe for disaster..just sayin :shrug:

--------------------

"You're cool, you're cool, fuck you, I'm out.."

Offlinealienscience
Farve in training
 User Gallery

Re: Thinking about starting an outdoor plot [Re: Hendershot]
    #534201 - 03/07/11 08:20 AM (13 years, 24 days ago)

I blame god.

--------------------
Official member of MAPS

OfflineMushrooMan420
Muncher

Loc: CA
    #537772 - 03/18/11 02:36 AM (13 years, 14 days ago)

Not to rain on your parade either but I think your plants will stick out like a sore thumb, I would encourage you to clear a patch in the green foliage you have photographed.  If you do not have a good location or idea of what you are doing then why take the trouble in getting 100 clones or seeds?  Stick to the basics, keep it small and manageable and progress with time/experience.

-Don't grow in columns/rows

--------------------
x:tongue:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies