Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineJefferson
Space Cowboy
Male

I hate this goddamn thing!!!
    #529659 - 02/22/11 07:17 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Windows 7 has a feature I like to call the "popup taskbar".  Anyway when you've got a few windows open and you click on anything in the taskbar and this fucking pop menu comes on.  Sometimes it doesn't even go away when the mouse moves over to something else.  Well so far as I know there's no easy way to get rid of it, like say in the fucking control panel where something like this should be.  How bout right clicking the taskbar and selecting the preferences?  No not there either.  I figured I'd just let it stop bother me by just ignoring it since there's not a damn thing I can do but that's impossible so I googled it.  I found a few forums that offered this piece of advice:

Quote:

You can set the hover time to a long value

Open Regedit by the use of RUN command or start menu search go to

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced

there right click on right pane  Create a new DWORD called ExtendedUIHoverTime and set the value to 20000 (that's 20 seconds) or value of your wish..
for that much of seconds it will not pop up..
so by hopefully turned off.

So I tried that but it didn't do jack shit.  Anybody got any advice?

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineKing Koopa
Natty
 User Gallery

Re: I hate this goddamn thing!!! [Re: Jefferson]
    #529752 - 02/22/11 11:01 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Nope just questions. When you have the mouse off of the little menu for a while then mouse over again, is it still active?

--------------------
Alcoholics Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other that they may solve their common problem and help others to recover from alcoholism.

The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop drinking. There are no dues or fees for A.A. membership; we are self-supporting through our own contributions. A.A. is not allied with any sect, denomination, politics, organization or institution; does not wish to engage in any controversy; neither endorses nor opposes any causes. Our primary purpose is to stay sober and help other alcoholics to achieve sobriety.

Invisiblestill beLIEve
State Property..Again
Male

Loc: a world thats not my own
Re: I hate this goddamn thing!!! [Re: King Koopa]
    #529788 - 02/23/11 12:25 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

once my mouse isn't over it, it goes away

i like it, its nifty

--------------------
niteowl said:
See, that term pedo gets thrown around a lot.
Is a 16 year old guy having sex w/a 16 year old girl a pedophile?
If not, then how is a 30 year old considered a pedophile for doing the same thing?
I think y'all need to look up the definition for pedophile.

OfflineJefferson
Space Cowboy
Male

Re: I hate this goddamn thing!!! [Re: still beLIEve]
    #529809 - 02/23/11 02:16 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

It has no practical use for me and often gets in the freakin way.  Its like that fucking annoying paper clip that used to appear in word and give you tips.  Yeah sometimes it sticks and I have to move my cursor over it just to get rid of the damn thing.

--------------------

OfflineKing Koopa
Natty
 User Gallery

#529813 - 02/23/11 02:36 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Why didn't you answer my question?

Another: are you using aero?

--------------------
Alcoholics Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other that they may solve their common problem and help others to recover from alcoholism.

The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop drinking. There are no dues or fees for A.A. membership; we are self-supporting through our own contributions. A.A. is not allied with any sect, denomination, politics, organization or institution; does not wish to engage in any controversy; neither endorses nor opposes any causes. Our primary purpose is to stay sober and help other alcoholics to achieve sobriety.

OfflineCage
Melancholy Mindfuck.

#529845 - 02/23/11 06:46 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

That thing never really gets in my way.. I never really leave my mouse idle over any applications if I'm not trying to.. It's never really frozen in place for me until I clicked, it simply goes away as soon as I take my mouse off of it.. :shrug:

I do hate that I have to use it to access multiple windows in the same applications, like if I have more than one window open in Firefox or MSN, instead of them being next to each other, I have to mouse over, and then choose the window. Not that big of an inconvenience though.

OfflineKing Koopa
Natty
 User Gallery

Re: I hate this goddamn thing!!! [Re: Cage]
    #529846 - 02/23/11 06:47 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Cage said:
I do hate that I have to use it to access multiple windows in the same applications, like if I have more than one window open in Firefox or MSN, instead of them being next to each other, I have to mouse over, and then choose the window. Not that big of an inconvenience though.

You can change this.

--------------------

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Loc: Bumfuckt Egypt
    #529849 - 02/23/11 07:16 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

I'm not sure how, but I know it can be turned off. I know because I never had it when I had Win7. I musta turned it off before it had the chance to piss me off.

Edit: And yeah, you can def. change the stacking feature. I hated that too.

--------------------
Of course it's happening inside your head.
Why should that mean it isn't real?

OfflineKing Koopa
Natty
 User Gallery

Re: I hate this goddamn thing!!! [Re: RasJeph]
    #529850 - 02/23/11 07:18 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

I'm not fan of that feature at all. Hows your computer situation, now?

--------------------

OfflineCage
Melancholy Mindfuck.

#529853 - 02/23/11 07:35 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Awesome, I had no idea I can change it, and I didn't even really know what to search to find out if and how.. But now I do! :awesomenod:

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

#529854 - 02/23/11 07:39 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

King Koopa said:

Not one random shutdown/overheat since I switched to Linux. I can still play minecraft and listen to tunes and browse the interbutts for its pr0nz, so I'm all set :cool:

--------------------

OfflineCage
Melancholy Mindfuck.

#529855 - 02/23/11 07:46 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Figured out how to make icons not stack, should of checked there way before..

Right click bottom bar < Properties < Taskbar Buttons: Never Combine < Apply.

For anyone that might be interested in doing it too.

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

#529856 - 02/23/11 07:53 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Question. Is the popup window thing just a mini-version of the window? There IS a way to shut that off.

Find somewhere you can edit for performance of your computer. Its full of other options like turning off window animations and stuff (I think thats what it shows when you minimize). I'll see what I can find.

Edit:

Quote:

#
Disabling the Unwanted Visual Effects in Windows 7 to Speed Up more

* For this right click on ” Computer” and select “Properties” from the right click menu.
    * Click on ” Advanced System Settings ” from the left pane to open up the ” System Properties ” window.
    * Select the “Advanced” tab from it. Then Under ” Performance ” click ” Settings “. Choose ” Custom: ” Options From it.
    * Now un tick all the options and select only the last four options (actually three only needed; you can un tick the second option from the last four). See the screen shot if you have any doubt.
    * Now just logoff your system and turn logon.

http://www.computingunleashed.com/speed-up-windows-7-ultimate-guide-to.html

Thats what I was talking about, IDK if it has what you mean in there or not. I think its called "preview" or something.

--------------------

Offlinemixedup
Stranger

Loc: long island
    #529859 - 02/23/11 08:05 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

No wonder you don't like it. You don't even know how to properly post an image. You obviously don't know how to use a computer.

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Re: I hate this goddamn thing!!! [Re: mixedup]
    #529860 - 02/23/11 08:06 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

mixedup said:
No wonder you don't like it. You don't even know how to properly post an image. You obviously don't know how to use a computer.

Wrong side of the bed this morning? That was a bit uncalled for.

Chillllll :bongload:

--------------------

OfflineKing Koopa
Natty
 User Gallery

Re: I hate this goddamn thing!!! [Re: RasJeph] * 1
    #529861 - 02/23/11 08:15 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

RasJeph said:
Quote:

King Koopa said:

Not one random shutdown/overheat since I switched to Linux. I can still play minecraft and listen to tunes and browse the interbutts for its pr0nz, so I'm all set :cool:

Nice! Linux wins again

--------------------

Offlinemixedup
Stranger

Loc: long island
    #529862 - 02/23/11 08:15 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

RasJeph said:
Wrong side of the bed this morning? That was a bit uncalled for.

Chillllll :bongload:

Meant it in jest, but you're right.

OfflineShaggy420
Male

Re: I hate this goddamn thing!!! [Re: mixedup]
    #529910 - 02/23/11 11:45 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

i keep finding out random things my laptop does. some of them fucking annoying. its got a multi gesture touch pad, which means if i put 2 fingers on the pad it does something crazy like go back 5 pages :rolleyes:

--------------------

:Awemush::happyweed::fasted::happyweed::Awemush:

http://www.clear-uk.org/

Invisiblem00nshine
HEDONISMBOT
 User Gallery

Loc: INEUPHORIA
    #529922 - 02/23/11 11:59 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

King Koopa said:
Quote:

RasJeph said:
Quote:

King Koopa said:

Nice! Linux wins again

I'm in ubuntu right now and I love it. I got 8 desktops, what's good?!

--------------------

OfflineJefferson
Space Cowboy
Male

Re: I hate this goddamn thing!!! [Re: Shaggy420]
    #530014 - 02/23/11 05:09 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

mixedup said:

Wow further proof that my theory that everyone from New York is an asshole.  And forgive me if I don't know enough about posting shit on forums because my idea of a good time isn't pwning newbs on forums to prove my superiority.

Quote:

King Koopa said:
Why didn't you answer my question?

Another: are you using aero?

That screen shot is not of my computer its just one I picked up while searching for a way to solve this problem.  As soon as I got this laptop I reverted back to the more user friendly classic windows format and changed everything else that I thought was unnecessary

Quote:

TrippyStoner420 said:
i keep finding out random things my laptop does. some of them fucking annoying. its got a multi gesture touch pad, which means if i put 2 fingers on the pad it does something crazy like go back 5 pages :rolleyes:

I had the same problem so I just disabled all the touch pad functions.  I still haven't figured out how to disable the touch pad entirely.  Used to it was impossible to type because even when I'd hover over the damn thing I'd accidentally touch it and send the cursor halfway across the screen.

Thanks everybody for your help.  I'm still trying to figure this out so I'll let you know if it's fix.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder