Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinelopan
 User Gallery

How to make best use of my space?
    #519801 - 01/27/11 03:45 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Hey everyone!  I am a year into my new house and I want to finally take advantage of this spare room!  I am going to keep things simple with soil as I haven't grown in a while.  I want to use this room for both vegetative and flowering states, do so I will need to partition off part of the room, or build a small box, for this.

What are you recommendations for making the most efficient use of my space?  Like I said, I want to both fruit and veg in here, and I would like to keep one or two mothers.

And that is all for now!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemuse42
Zomberrific

Loc: West Coast
Re: How to make best use of my space? [Re: lopan]
    #520441 - 01/28/11 07:47 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

How big of a space are we talking about, and how many plants do you want to grow at a time?

--------------------
It looks like it's going to be another Gravity Bong type day...

Offlinelopan
 User Gallery

Re: How to make best use of my space? [Re: muse42]
    #526415 - 02/12/11 08:02 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

muse42 said:
How big of a space are we talking about, and how many plants do you want to grow at a time?

If you look at the last picture that I posted, the width of the room is 69", the length of the right side with the faucet and shallow tub (this used to be a dark room) is 104", and the length of the right side is 88".

I want to grow.. as many as possible?

Out of 40 seeds, about 10 have sprouted so far, so I really need to figure out what to do with this space.  I already have a small submersible pump that could be useful for an ebb and flow table?

Offlinemuse42
Zomberrific

Loc: West Coast
    #526631 - 02/12/11 05:15 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

i would get rid of one or two of the benches/work tables.  And put up a wall to divide the room into 2 areas, veg and flower.

What is the electricity situation like in there?

--------------------
It looks like it's going to be another Gravity Bong type day...

Offlinelopan
 User Gallery

#527083 - 02/13/11 07:46 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

muse42 said:
i would get rid of one or two of the benches/work tables.  And put up a wall to divide the room into 2 areas, veg and flower.

What is the electricity situation like in there?

I was thinking of using black plastic to partition the room into two areas.  I guess that if I got rid of one or two of the benches and let the plants grow right on the ground, they would have much more vertical room to grow.  I'll have to think about this.

The room has a dedicated 20-amp breaker, and a couple electrical outlets.

Offlinesveumy
seeker of enlightenment
Male User Gallery

Loc: its cold
    #527167 - 02/13/11 11:04 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

It looks to me like you can do alot of things with this room.  Depending on how much time and money you want to invest.
I would probably take advantage of the exsisting tables.  I would use the shelving underneith for vegitative growth.  Either cover the out side with mylar or ply wood and make doors. I would then hang lights inside. there is your veging area.  you can add pc fans by bolting them to the plywood. 
On top it looks like you have a great set up.  I would flower on top.  Hang HID's from the ceiling and you have an elevated space to work on.  Remove the shelving along that back wall so you have space for your lights to move. what ever room is left you can use for storage.
The water comming in the room.... I am not sure how clean that is and RO filtration systems are very expensive.  So I am not sure that you would beable to utilize that.  Some one else may have something else to say about that.  Could also just be used for cleaning tools and pots maintaining a sanitary grow room.  also I know nothing about hydro but it would appear that you could get a great hydro sett up going in there.

Offlinelopan
 User Gallery

Re: How to make best use of my space? [Re: sveumy]
    #527417 - 02/15/11 05:09 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

sveumy said:
It looks to me like you can do alot of things with this room.  Depending on how much time and money you want to invest.
I would probably take advantage of the exsisting tables.  I would use the shelving underneith for vegitative growth.  Either cover the out side with mylar or ply wood and make doors. I would then hang lights inside. there is your veging area.  you can add pc fans by bolting them to the plywood. 
On top it looks like you have a great set up.  I would flower on top.  Hang HID's from the ceiling and you have an elevated space to work on.  Remove the shelving along that back wall so you have space for your lights to move. what ever room is left you can use for storage.
The water comming in the room.... I am not sure how clean that is and RO filtration systems are very expensive.  So I am not sure that you would beable to utilize that.  Some one else may have something else to say about that.  Could also just be used for cleaning tools and pots maintaining a sanitary grow room.  also I know nothing about hydro but it would appear that you could get a great hydro sett up going in there.

You, sir, are brilliant.  Using the space under the benches for vegetative growth is a great idea, and is exactly the kind of thing I was thinking when I wanted to use the room for both growth stages.  I've already bought the black plastic, so I'll use that.

The water coming in _seems_ to be clean enough (it's the same water that goes to the washing machine), however it does have a high PH.

Thanks for the great idea!

Invisibledouble
Diesel

#527743 - 02/16/11 09:31 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

lopan said:
How to make best use of my space?

as a general rule, square pots make better space use 'cos rooms are square thus you can optimize

Quote:

muse42 said:
And put up a wall to divide the room into 2 areas, veg and flower.

what he said

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds