Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineIamasmoker
imachavel
Male

Loc: Florida
Re: All About New Forum Requests... [Re: Sirius]
    #68288 - 06/28/08 07:34 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

alright

well, it'd be cool to have a real educational cannabis website, sort of like the shroomery

although i don't see exact links to timothy leary, albert hoffman, or 1967 san fransisco culture links at the shroomery, it seems to be a lot more educational of the aspect of tripping, not just a site where you go talk about drugs

i'm all down with cannabis grow forums, and although there are 1000 cannabis grow forums on the net, there aren't as many freindly type places as there are at the growery where you can see people you recognize consistently answer your questions(although i'm not saying there's none, check out breedbay forums)

although there are 1000 cannabis grow forums on the net is what i'm trying to say. having a unique one emphasizing medicinal use as much as the shroomery has emphasized mind opening and expanding abilities of mushrooms would be nice. or maybe cannabis experience reports, there is a cannabis experience reports section at erowid, don't think it's idiotic.

anyway, i'm just saying that the shroomery is one of the only places with as much psychedelic emphasis on the net. like i said, i don't hear people quoting timothy leary in every other post, but i'm sure it would be reemphasized quite commonly there.

just give it a thought, i'm just saying this place could be banging. although i understand a grow forum is a grow forum.

anywayz.............peace

--------------------
my rating of flavoraid:

b*tch*s shouldn't call me a retard..

and this shit... "I like to drink tea, lift weights, punch shit, have sex with girls"....

is gay as f**k

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineHanky
Fat Ladies Bingo

Loc: Ass Flavour Pie Factory
Re: All About New Forum Requests... [Re: Iamasmoker]
    #68895 - 06/30/08 10:06 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

GROWery.

Grow        1. to increase by natural development, as any living organism or part by assimilation of nutriment; increase in size or substance.

Quote:

Iamasmoker said:

well, it'd be cool to have a real educational cannabis website, sort of like the shroomery

The shroomery is about growing shrooms, the growery is about growing weed.  The focus on growing weed is fundamental to its status as an educational site.  I fail to see how the scientifically inaccurate mumbo jumbo espoused
by the late Mr Leary could influence the educational aspect of this site but that's only my opinion.

The smoke lounge is the perfect place for you and others to post your cannabis experiences, after all, it's called the smoke lounge and is the perfect place to talk all about smoking cannabis.

--------------------
Coaster Said:  "wut do u post bout flumbooyon"

Invisiblecoda

Re: All About New Forum Requests... [Re: Hanky]
    #70117 - 07/02/08 02:18 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

I fail to see how the scientifically inaccurate mumbo jumbo espoused
by the late Mr Leary could influence the educational aspect of this site but that's only my opinion.

Among a lot of other people.  Leary was a moron.

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

OfflineIamasmoker
imachavel
Male

Re: All About New Forum Requests... [Re: coda]
    #70186 - 07/02/08 02:52 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

wtf

are you people crazy?

i think timothy leary had some pretty bad ass ideas. Although he had some crazy ideas. he emphasized intellectualism with lsd

how could you have a forum about a psychedelic or a psychoactive without emphasizing the mind stimulating aspect.

talking about shrooms or acid without the intellecualism involved mentally or psychologically is like talking about cannabis plants in terms of smoking the end result and leaving out the emphasis of growing

without the psychological mind opening aspect of psychedelics, there's no point in them. without the mind there's no point in drugs.

i mean, you can go anywhere on the internet and learn about growing plants or mushrooms or whatever. but a discussion forum is for discussion, emphasizing the aspect of mentality with the prospect of psychoactives.

--------------------
my rating of flavoraid:

and this shit... "I like to drink tea, lift weights, punch shit, have sex with girls"....

is gay as f**k

OfflineSirius
Saturn Ascends

Loc: The Milky Way
    #70260 - 07/02/08 04:22 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Right, and the Smoke Lounge is the forum for it, since it doesn't get enough discussion on its own yet to warrant a new forum. :wink:

--------------------

OfflineIamasmoker
imachavel
Male

Re: All About New Forum Requests... [Re: Sirius]
    #70275 - 07/02/08 04:41 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

yeah, i hear you

--------------------
my rating of flavoraid:

is gay as f**k

Offlinedill705
Turns Shrooms to Weed

Loc: Mi
    #74659 - 07/07/08 09:42 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

I think we need to boost traffic before we get all spaced out with our ideas. :shrug:

I like the idea of education on the website, but IMO, primarily to bolster a better image of us potheads so that if a stranger brings this up on google or something, they see we're not a bunch of drugged up loony's, but informed peers of the community. :yesnod:

But first we need the traffic to get up there o a google search. I'm going to googgle weed right now and see where we are...

Alrighty, I entered growing weed and by page twenty I had seen three shroomery threads pop up and not a single mention of the growery...:crazy:

--------------------
It's funny how when you're talking about testing the first nuclear weapon, which some scientists thought could possibly set off a chain reaction that would burn off our entire atmosphere and leave a lifeless barren rock floating in space, the risk is justified. But if a few extra people might get stoned it's just too dangerous to try.
-FF

I got $50 on Barack!!!

InvisiblecoAsTal
Re: All About New Forum Requests... [Re: dill705]
    #82700 - 07/13/08 10:45 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

I'm glad to see these discussions-- I, too, look forward to the day when there is enough interest in a Medicinal Uses thread, what with all the stuff available out there showing such potentially life-changing medicinal uses for cannabis in all it's forms-- hell, this stuff is said to cure freaking cancer, for weeds sake!

The significance of the medicinal properties of marijuana can not be understated...

Thanks again to the mods for having this place in the first place-- I love it!

Invisibleltd
 User Gallery

Re: All About New Forum Requests... [Re: geokills]
    #87577 - 07/19/08 02:09 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

a news forum.

not unlike the "Shroomery News Service" forum over at the other site.

OfflineHanky
Fat Ladies Bingo

Loc: Ass Flavour Pie Factory
Re: All About New Forum Requests... [Re: ltd]
    #91791 - 07/24/08 12:09 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

A news forum would be great!

I'd also like to see a flumbooyon forum.

--------------------
Coaster Said:  "wut do u post bout flumbooyon"

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Re: All About New Forum Requests... [Re: Hanky]
    #91795 - 07/24/08 12:11 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

a feature that automatically bans people when they have too many spelling mistakes!

no more imashoveledasses.!!!

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

Invisibleandyistic
We got them veenoms!

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Lot
Re: All About New Forum Requests... [Re: captain.koons]
    #91802 - 07/24/08 12:14 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Now that I would LOVE to see.

Hanky and I may be the only two left on here before long. :lol:

We cannot proceed - use is banned.
Reason: Learn ENGLISH you Dipshit!

OfflinePhriend
/\/\♠♠♠/\/\
Male User Gallery

Loc: in the walls
Re: All About New Forum Requests... [Re: andyistic]
    #145095 - 11/15/08 01:11 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

I want my goddamn music and art forum here.. :crankey:

and the mod should be the awesome royer9864

--------------------

OfflineThe Anointed One
Sloth's apprentice
Male User Gallery

Re: All About New Forum Requests... [Re: Phriend]
    #523449 - 02/05/11 02:35 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Okay, so the general consensus seems to be that we do not have enough traffic to support very many specialty forums.

Quote:

geokills said This thread has been closed.

Reason:
Please take a look at this.  Frankly, we do not support the volume of traffic that would make such specialized single-interest forums a success at this time.  The Smoke Lounge - which can easily encompass all of the topics you have suggested and more - is not even all that busy.  So as our traffic increases, we can begin to add new special interest forums... but for now, I just don't see the need and in fact believe that it would dilute the community by spreading things out all too thin.

And I'm sure many of us can see this point. I can.

I'd say also that most agree that The Shroomery is a very popular site, compared to this one.

Why, though, is the shroomery super-popular, while its sister-site seems to be lacking those numbers....?

I'm sure we could come up with a bunch of valid reasons. However, I think a big part of this has to do with the limited range of topics discussed here, compared to there. A lot of people probably find shroomery through drug-related web searches. I'm sure much of this is to do with psychedelics and growing mushrooms, but I'm willing to bet A LOT of other drug searches end up there.

Now, in my research of drugs, I've visited TONS of forums on the topic. But I'm only a member of a few. Why is that?

Aside from not having unlimited time, quality membership and quality discussion are the things that attracted me to these forums. The shroomery, IMO, has the best sub-forums in the whole "scene" and that's why I go there.

I love the pub, in the shroomery. And it seems kind of like "the smoke lounge" is our equivalent. On the other hand, sometimes I see serious topics that are not taken as serious as they should be, (or more often, are never seen after a day or two, by those not posting) and so discussion lags or stalls, or doesn't happen in the first place. Whereas, if those same topics were addressed in a focus forum, where members went specifically to address those issues; more of these topics will be on a first page, possibly giving them a greater audience among the existing members.

I am more likely to click into another subforum or 5 than I am to click back 15 pages into the smoke lounge to find an interesting topic.

The other idea that I had, is that in a forum where there aren't a ton of members and a lot going on, that can sometimes cause the more quiet in the group to become more vocal.

And last, I have to say that I find it a little bit funny that some of the members seem to be pretty vocal about wanting more forums... and the mods seem pretty adamant on that decision (basing it on numbers)... and then after not listening to the membership, the mods wonder why there aren't members.

Come on...that's a little funny.

Anyway, I'm not an expert on the subject. Just my thoughts.

--------------------
"My one-of-a-kind-self gets stoned every day like Jesus did."

OfflineThe Anointed One
Sloth's apprentice
Male User Gallery

Re: All About New Forum Requests... [Re: The Anointed One]
    #523514 - 02/05/11 04:43 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

I also did want to point out that while the "we should talk about it in the Smoke Lounge" argument does have some validity--

The topics in the Smoke Lounge seem to be a mix of pot (or drug) related, and non-drug related topics.

At the very least it would seem cool to have a "general marijuana discussion" forum. This way we would have a place for focused intelligent cannabis discussion (that does not involve cultivation or cooking); while at the same time at least having one social, non-drug related, off-topic kind of forum.

--------------------

OfflineDungenessDank
Lord of the Flies

Loc: PNW
Re: All About New Forum Requests... [Re: The Anointed One] * 1
    #523522 - 02/05/11 05:01 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Hey listen pal, don't just come in here and start trying to shake things up. We strive to cultivate a unique atmosphere.

InvisibleDr. SiekadellykM
Question Everything!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ketamine Flag
Re: All About New Forum Requests... [Re: DungenessDank]
    #523533 - 02/05/11 05:42 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

--------------------
The Kratom Report...

Edited by Dr. Siekadellyk (02/05/11 05:42 PM)

OfflineThe Anointed One
Sloth's apprentice
Male User Gallery

Re: All About New Forum Requests... [Re: DungenessDank]
    #523569 - 02/05/11 07:35 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

DungenessDank said:
Hey listen pal, don't just come in here and start trying to shake things up. We strive to cultivate a unique atmosphere.

Don't get me wrong. I love the atmosphere. It's pretty chill here.:awesome:

I just think my points are valid. :shrug:

--------------------

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
    #523572 - 02/05/11 07:43 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

yeah they are.  But i think the reason we aren't as populated as the shroomery is because of the more than decade headstart the shroomery had at establishing itself.  the only advantage we have here over any other new site is that we started with a ton of shroomery members.  we;ve been building from there.

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

OfflineDungenessDank
Lord of the Flies

Loc: PNW
    #523745 - 02/06/11 02:33 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

I do like your suggestion about having a place for some higher level cannabis discussion, I'm not really an expert, but it would be a good way to help educate members, I just don't know if the numbers are there.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract