Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinecheesewhiz
Stranger

AMS cheese strain (feminized)
    #523034 - 02/04/11 02:41 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Anyone have any experience with this strain or feminized seeds in general. I got 10 fem seeds for mothers to clone off of this spring. I dont want to have to turn them back to 12-12, and wait til they recover to veg before i can clone (if i dont have to). could I just pull a clone or two from each, and sex the clones when rooted? if so how will i know that another branch hasnt got hermie flowers. would that prove it 100 percent? What would be my best bet for the best outcome and speed?

--------------------
[gradient:#D0D4C7,#]"I dont have a drug problem, I just have a weed issue." [/gradient]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Loc: State of Mind Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: AMS cheese strain (feminized) [Re: cheesewhiz]
    #523055 - 02/04/11 07:30 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

I literally have no idea what you're asking.

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

BlueBerry_Swisher said:I want French fries. No, I want a penis French. Thank you. I'm so excited. I can not contain myself. Now I eat chocolate. It is so good. I'm trying to rub it all over myself. And then lick. Now I need a hot shower. The end.

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #523177 - 02/04/11 04:11 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

If you have fem seeds why exactly do you need to sex the plants?

Plants don't go hermie by the branch. It's a hermie or it's not.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Offlinecheesewhiz
Stranger

Re: AMS cheese strain (feminized) [Re: Magash]
    #523281 - 02/04/11 11:53 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

DO I NEED TO SEX THE PLANTS OR NOT, because from what i have read one branch can throw a male flower while other branches dont(on the same plant). Im new to fem seeds not new to the game. I want to clone off of my plants asap, without having to cut my lights back to 12-12. can I take a clone from each plant and put it into flowering to prove that my mother isnt herm? do i need to? I dont want to clone a bunch of seeded bullshit. can you understand that. instead of posting smart-ass replies dont waste my time or yours.:thumbup:

--------------------
[gradient:#D0D4C7,#]"I dont have a drug problem, I just have a weed issue." [/gradient]

OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bright Side of the Sun
    #523296 - 02/05/11 12:32 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

fem seeds = females, if they are from a repeatable supplier.

To be safe go ahead and sex clones. Never know.

--------------------
Child of the 60's, Tripping ever sence.

Offlinecheesewhiz
Stranger

Re: AMS cheese strain (feminized) [Re: KaptKid]
    #523297 - 02/05/11 12:52 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

thanks is AMS seed co. a reputable supplier though? I will never order fem again. i should have researched some more before ordering. all that hermie shit is a pain. from now on normal seeds for me if it aint broke dont fix it.:stoned:

--------------------

InvisibleCrayolaHalls
Dreams of Oceans
Male

#523377 - 02/05/11 09:27 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

cheesewhiz said:
thanks is AMS seed co. a reputable supplier though? I will never order fem again. i should have researched some more before ordering. all that hermie shit is a pain. from now on normal seeds for me if it aint broke dont fix it.:stoned:

Are you saying that you have fem seeds to work with now and that you are planning on buying more seeds but want to know who to order from and if to try fem seeds again?

If you have seeds in your possession already that have already proven to be hermie heavy then I would throw them out or give them to someone who doesn't mind growing herms.  Then buy from a reputable dealer. 

There are seed bank ratings sites on the web and several posts at the Growery with links to them.  Personally, I always recommend Nirvana to beginners because of consistency of their product.  They don't always have what is new and fancy, but they have a good range of options.

--------------------
I am not a cannabis grower.  I find the cannabis growers to be the most open to experimenting and sharing out of all of the different botany groups I enjoy.  I frequently use the suggestions that I find to apply to own organic gardening and food production.

Offlinemuse42
Zomberrific

Loc: West Coast
Re: AMS cheese strain (feminized) [Re: CrayolaHalls]
    #523406 - 02/05/11 11:39 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Nirvana is great for beginners and its where I got my first seeds and still get my seeds.

--------------------
It looks like it's going to be another Gravity Bong type day...

Offlinecheesewhiz
Stranger

Re: AMS cheese strain (feminized) [Re: muse42]
    #523464 - 02/05/11 03:22 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

no im gonna grow them anyway and see what happens, i meant from now on i just will grow regular seeds. i didnt know about the high chance that a fem seed could produce a hermie plant, although they did mention on the site that they were not resopnsible if a fem seed did turn herm. I just thought it was rare to do so, but from what Im reading now, its actually pretty common. I not growing indoors for the bud at this point, im growing for clones to go outdoors. Actually I have never had a herm plant before. how bad seedy is a herm plant, as bad as a male?

--------------------

InvisibleCrayolaHalls
Dreams of Oceans
Male

#523547 - 02/05/11 06:22 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

cheesewhiz said:
no im gonna grow them anyway and see what happens, i meant from now on i just will grow regular seeds. i didnt know about the high chance that a fem seed could produce a hermie plant, although they did mention on the site that they were not resopnsible if a fem seed did turn herm. I just thought it was rare to do so, but from what Im reading now, its actually pretty common. I not growing indoors for the bud at this point, im growing for clones to go outdoors. Actually I have never had a herm plant before. how bad seedy is a herm plant, as bad as a male?

Males don't produce seeds.

--------------------
I am not a cannabis grower.  I find the cannabis growers to be the most open to experimenting and sharing out of all of the different botany groups I enjoy.  I frequently use the suggestions that I find to apply to own organic gardening and food production.

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Loc: State of Mind Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #523555 - 02/05/11 06:50 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

cheesewhiz said:
DO I NEED TO SEX THE PLANTS OR NOT, because from what i have read one branch can throw a male flower while other branches dont(on the same plant). Im new to fem seeds not new to the game. I want to clone off of my plants asap, without having to cut my lights back to 12-12. can I take a clone from each plant and put it into flowering to prove that my mother isnt herm? do i need to? I dont want to clone a bunch of seeded bullshit. can you understand that. instead of posting smart-ass replies dont waste my time or yours.:thumbup:

:seriousbusiness: I literally didn't understand what you were asking, didn't think that was particularly "smart-ass". :shrug:

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

BlueBerry_Swisher said:I want French fries. No, I want a penis French. Thank you. I'm so excited. I can not contain myself. Now I eat chocolate. It is so good. I'm trying to rub it all over myself. And then lick. Now I need a hot shower. The end.

InvisibleCrayolaHalls
Dreams of Oceans
Male

Re: AMS cheese strain (feminized) [Re: 81renaissance]
    #523564 - 02/05/11 07:22 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

81renaissance said:
Quote:

cheesewhiz said:

:seriousbusiness: I literally didn't understand what you were asking, didn't think that was particularly "smart-ass". :shrug:

81renaissance, I think cheesewhiz needs to do some cannabis homework and proofread her writing if she wants better answers.  I couldn't understand her either.

--------------------

Offlinecheesewhiz
Stranger

#523697 - 02/05/11 10:57 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

yeah but it really was a smart ass way to reply. crayola I guarantee ive grown more cannabis this past year, than you have in your entire life. Not saying im a know it all like you, but thats besides the point. I always proofread my shit before i post. what the problem is people like you just skim through questions/posts and take what you want to reply to. in this case you obviously didnt read it because it is pretty clear what i was asking. your not better than anyone else, understand that? I guess you cant understand this i need to break it down like im talkin to a three year old. better yet mind your own business and stay off my posts, no one needs help from a smart ass.:wink:

--------------------

Offlinecheesewhiz
Stranger

#523700 - 02/05/11 11:01 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

males are all you grow, :thumbdown:
smart-ass:evil:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck