Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinedmtcorey
~The time police~
 User Gallery

feminized seeds
    #522124 - 02/01/11 08:02 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

what are peoples opinions on feminized seeds having diminished characteristics, such as less smell, flavor, yield and overall vigor of growth in comparison to their non feminized version. Obviously i mean the comparison of a female selected from the non feminized seeds

--------------------
:whereismiddleman:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: feminized seeds [Re: dmtcorey]
    #522197 - 02/01/11 11:20 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

what are peoples opinions on feminized seeds having diminished characteristics, such as less smell, flavor, yield and overall vigor of growth in comparison to their non feminized version. Obviously i mean the comparison of a female selected from the non feminized seeds

You know it's pretty much strait up bullshit. A feminized plant is no different then a plant from regular seeds in every way. Same goes for crossing of the plants. I myself like to remake strains or knock em off so to say for my own use. When I do make them I use pollen from the same strains the original breeder did I just use pollen from female plants.

:wink:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bright Side of the Sun
Re: feminized seeds [Re: Magash]
    #522419 - 02/02/11 04:31 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Magash said:
Quote:

You know it's pretty much strait up bullshit. A feminized plant is no different then a plant from regular seeds in every way. Same goes for crossing of the plants. I myself like to remake strains or knock em off so to say for my own use. When I do make them I use pollen from the same strains the original breeder did I just use pollen from female plants.

Pollen from female plants?
Nothing in Cervantes' bible about this.

Got to ask, How?  This should probably have its on thread.

--------------------
Child of the 60's, Tripping ever sence.

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: feminized seeds [Re: KaptKid]
    #522487 - 02/02/11 08:35 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Stress the plant out to produce male flowers on a female plant.  Only way to make fem seeds.

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Loc: No where ville, USA Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #522504 - 02/02/11 09:19 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

--------------------
:getstoned:

Offlinedmtcorey
~The time police~
 User Gallery

#522530 - 02/02/11 11:05 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Magash said:
Quote:

oh ya , me and buddy of mine were having a talk about this he had thought fems would diminish in quality over time ,so thanks for your input ~

--------------------

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: feminized seeds [Re: Stoneth]
    #522558 - 02/02/11 11:59 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

stoney.69 said:
STS
http://www.growery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/332527#332527

colloidal silver
http://www.growery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/236180#236180

Yeah, that colloidal silver thread has so much bullshit in it it's just not even funny.

Here is the most info on it so far.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=60610 ; One thing they have managed to figure out is that you need to have pure silver. The 99.999 stuff. Goes for around 15 bucks a coin at a coin store or get 99.999 pure silver wire. If you think the wire that isn't 99.999 pure is gonna work good luck with that.

Granddaddy before

and after CS treatments.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

Offlinedmtcorey
~The time police~
 User Gallery

#522645 - 02/03/11 09:27 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

can you buy the cs already made at the proper strength or do you have to make it your self from the pure silver,i remember awhile ago i was looking into this stuff for fighting infection ,but i dont no if the stuff they sell would work or if its strong enough !??

--------------------

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: feminized seeds [Re: coda]
    #522648 - 02/03/11 09:59 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

coda said:
Stress the plant out to produce male flowers on a female plant.  Only way to make fem seeds.

:nono:

--------------------

OfflineTweexican
Stranger
 User Gallery

#522655 - 02/03/11 10:28 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

People are missing the point on genetic dominance.

If a plant has its genetic material telling it it has a tendency to go hermie with stressing, then a plant is going to do that. If its genetics say otherwise, then its not going to.

A common misconception, even made by Cervantes, is that ANY plant will hermie when stressed... this is just not true.

--------------------

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Loc: Bumfuckt Egypt
    #522656 - 02/03/11 10:32 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

So, I reviewed that CS thread (well, the first post) and my question is - how many times can you use the same silver coins? I mean, is it a one time deal?

Also, how long does the liter of distilled water with the silver in it last? (stored properly, obviously).

--------------------
Of course it's happening inside your head.
Why should that mean it isn't real?

OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bright Side of the Sun
Re: feminized seeds [Re: RasJeph]
    #522662 - 02/03/11 10:50 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

RasJeph said:
So, I reviewed that CS thread (well, the first post) and my question is - how many times can you use the same silver coins? I mean, is it a one time deal?

Also, how long does the liter of distilled water with the silver in it last? (stored properly, obviously).

Very good questions.

--------------------
Child of the 60's, Tripping ever sence.

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #522664 - 02/03/11 11:04 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

how many times can you use the same silver coins?

They will last for years.

Quote:

Also, how long does the liter of distilled water with the silver in it last?

Most seem to agree that if kept in a cool place and in the dark (keeping in the dark is key) it should last for months.

--------------------

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

#522667 - 02/03/11 11:17 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Thank you very much! I don't mean to take over this thread and bombard you guys with questions, but I really appreciate your help.

One last question. Obviously any pollen in your flowering room is a bad thing. What would happen if I were to spray a flower, make pollen, get seeds...and then the pollen was to get into another plant. Would the resulting seeds be female crosses of both plants? I guess what I'm asking is, will ALL pollen produced through this method make female seeds, no matter what plant you pollinate with it?

I know info on this is scarce, but its really interesting to me...I had a chance to get DNA's "one time only" sour kush (not headband, but their shot at it) and I'd really like to get seeds from it so I can share the limited strain with others! :grin: It would also be a goal of mine to get some of those cali clone only strains and make some seeds to share with the rest of the world, since they hog a lot of good genetics haha.

--------------------

OfflineTweexican
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: feminized seeds [Re: Tweexican]
    #522668 - 02/03/11 11:25 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

yes. you are not carrying a y chromosome

--------------------

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Re: feminized seeds [Re: Tweexican]
    #522670 - 02/03/11 11:29 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Bitchin'.

So, the question arises...why not always just breed with this "female pollen" then? I understand that morally its not right to completely phase out a male plant from a species...but for all of our intents and purposes, wouldn't that make the most sense?

This is all too interesting to me, and seems simple enough that I shouldn't have too much of a problem doing it for myself :cool: Awesome.

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #523160 - 02/04/11 02:56 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Magash said:
Quote:

coda said:

:nono:

Don't see anything wrong at all with what I said.  STS and CS treatments are causing stress to your plants.  Even noted so in your STS thread where you noted your plants leaves yellowing and growth stopping.

If that isn't stress, I'm sorry, but to me it is.  Feminized seeds come from plants that self pollenate, hermie flowers are the result of either a genetic pre-disposition or some form of stress on the plant.

So, unless I'm missing something here I don't see why my post is wrong?

--------------------

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

#523165 - 02/04/11 03:32 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Well, the thread on the other forum says "colloidal silver acts as ethylene inhibitor/antagonist", which makes me think it isn't so much "stress" causing the plant to create pollen, rather its triggering something recessive with chemicals.

It also lists "stress" separately from other methods mentioned.

I see where you're coming from, and thinking of it NOT as stress is more confusing than calling it stress, but I guess I understand both points of view :tongue2:

In no way trying to argue with either of ya, just my 2 cents. I know both of you would just school me real bad haha.

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: feminized seeds [Re: RasJeph]
    #523169 - 02/04/11 03:36 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

I can understand the distinction between using a chemical treatment vs soma's method (or something similar).  To me though, stress is stress.

--------------------

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #523176 - 02/04/11 04:07 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

One chemical bonding to another isn't stressing the plant. Not every reaction such as a loss of color in a plant and a slow down in growth are results of stress. Both plants use the same hormone to signal flowering just the female has a added hormone that tells it to make the flowers female. The sts or cs bonds to that hormone and makes it unusable to the plant.

Female flowers that are caused by stress are generaly gonna be hermmie as in the flowers and the seeds coming from them. There is a major difference between plants that are stressed into giving male flowers and those that are treated to do it.

If you get the ppm right for your strain when using cs or sts you will notice no color change or slowdown in growth. I use to do that but it's a pain in the ass so I use a general mix not that is on the stronger side. As long as the percentage rate of hermies in my feminized seeds stays the same as regular seeds I'm fine with it. :happyweed:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom