Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineShaggy420
Male

the thought of living the rat race for the next 40 years of my life depresses me * 5
    #521280 - 01/30/11 05:10 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

i honestly dont think im capable of it, i havn't even really began yet, but i already feel morbidly depressed at the reality of working my life away in a dull grey lifeless enviroment.

how the fuck does everyone deal with it? i cant be the only one that feels like this.
:feelsbadman:

--------------------

:Awemush::happyweed::fasted::happyweed::Awemush:

http://www.clear-uk.org/

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bright Side of the Sun
Re: the thought of living the rat race for the next 40 years of my life depresses me [Re: Shaggy420]
    #521286 - 01/30/11 05:26 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

It should.

--------------------
Child of the 60's, Tripping ever sence.

Offlinekush420
Open Your Mind
Male User Gallery

Loc: FL Flag
Re: the thought of living the rat race for the next 40 years of my life depresses me [Re: Shaggy420] * 1
    #521299 - 01/30/11 05:52 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

You're definitely not the only one

--------------------
There's a natural mystic blowing through the air

Nature = :heart:

"Much respect to all the people thinking green, Not just the color but the message in between" :potleaf:

InvisibleFarBeyondDriven
Truthfully, I'm a bullshitter
Male User Gallery

Loc: Greenbow, Alabama
Re: the thought of living the rat race for the next 40 years of my life depresses me [Re: Shaggy420]
    #521301 - 01/30/11 05:54 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

TrippyStoner420 said:
i honestly dont think im capable of it, i havn't even really began yet, but i already feel morbidly depressed at the reality of working my life away in a dull grey lifeless enviroment.

how the fuck does everyone deal with it? i cant be the only one that feels like this.

I feel the exact same way.  The thought of going to a job I hate everyday depresses the fuck out of me.  Poker and weed ftw :bonghit:

--------------------

Invisibledrawde

#521305 - 01/30/11 05:57 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

TrippyStoner420 said:

No one forces anybody to do that.

--------------------
King Koopa said:
The amount of pot that Gask smokes is equivalent to a guy shooting heroin on weekends

OfflineShaggy420
Male

Re: the thought of living the rat race for the next 40 years of my life depresses me [Re: drawde]
    #521308 - 01/30/11 06:04 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

whats the realistic alternative?

--------------------

OfflineSir Smokes A-Lot
friend of the aliens
Male

Loc: Flag
    #521315 - 01/30/11 06:16 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

TrippyStoner420 said:
how the fuck does everyone deal with it?

Balance :thumbup:

--------------------
"Everybody seems to think I'm lazy
I don't mind, I think they're crazy
Running everywhere at such a speed
Till they find, there's no need"
Beatles song

Invisibledrawde

Re: the thought of living the rat race for the next 40 years of my life depresses me [Re: Shaggy420] * 1
    #521317 - 01/30/11 06:19 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Realistic? Me dont do no realistic.

You want realistic go ask those same people workin in the office.

--------------------
King Koopa said:
The amount of pot that Gask smokes is equivalent to a guy shooting heroin on weekends

Offlinekush420
Open Your Mind
Male User Gallery

Loc: FL Flag
    #521318 - 01/30/11 06:22 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Do you enjoy the work that you do, or are you only doing it to pay the bills?

--------------------
There's a natural mystic blowing through the air

Nature = :heart:

"Much respect to all the people thinking green, Not just the color but the message in between" :potleaf:

OfflineSir Smokes A-Lot
friend of the aliens
Male

#521321 - 01/30/11 06:32 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

TrippyStoner420 said:

Being self-sufficient.

Meaning, hunt your own game, grow your own food and drugs, collect your own water, collect energy (via solar panels or whatever), etc.

We don't need to be slaves

--------------------
Beatles song

OfflineShaggy420
Male

Re: the thought of living the rat race for the next 40 years of my life depresses me [Re: Sir Smokes A-Lot]
    #521323 - 01/30/11 06:42 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

thats pretty hard to do in the UK, unless you buy a smallholding which costs £250,000 at a minimum, and keep a few livestock.

land is so expensive here:rolleyes:

--------------------

OfflineSir Smokes A-Lot
friend of the aliens
Male

#521335 - 01/30/11 07:22 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

I'm sure you can still grow food. Even at relatives places. Rain water collection tanks are also a very good idea.

There are 10000s of reasons why being self sufficient is / will be an absolute must. I'll only explain why if you want me to due to it being waayyy too much for most people to accept

--------------------
Beatles song

InvisibleT-Rex
Herbsman
Male User Gallery

Loc: Devils Marbles Flag
    #521337 - 01/30/11 07:34 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Gotta look at it like this, you can make money working a shit job that you hate forever, or you can use that as a stepping off point to finding a job that you might even like to do, even if it pays less. That being said, nobody can make money by sitting at home and smoking bongs, unless you're Magash or famous or something.

Sir smokes it right to a point, but I can see how hard it would be to move from the London suburbs to Oxted or somewhere, try to be as self sufficient as you can. Get a rain water tank, grow as much of your own veggies and fruit as you can (good practice for growing ganja I might add) and maybe in a couple decades when your older, and have the means to live the rest of your life the way you want, you'll be able to make that choice and settle down because you'll actually know how you want to live your life since you would have experienced both the hussle and profit of city life, and he joy of a simple yet rewarding rural life, and you'll be financially able to make that choice.

Find something you enjoy doing, and you'll never work a day in your life

P.S I read this like 4 times and it the wording is still annoying me, but I'm baked and no longer care

--------------------

OfflineShaggy420
Male

Re: the thought of living the rat race for the next 40 years of my life depresses me [Re: T-Rex]
    #521360 - 01/30/11 08:29 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

thats some good advice, :awesomenod:

im still living with the parents at the moment and have 2 years of college left, so not too many decisions to make yet.
each lifestyle has its benefits, i want to do some traveling before i settle down, so ill have to deal with the day to day work routine for a while if i want to do anything awesome in life, like learning to hang glide :thumbup:

stoned ramblings :vaped:

--------------------

Invisiblestill beLIEve
State Property..Again
Male

Loc: a world thats not my own
    #521418 - 01/30/11 10:48 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Do something you enjoy doing for a living? Work to do the things you want? Find a partner you like to spend time with?

Doesn't seem that dull, grey, or bleak to me.

--------------------
niteowl said:
See, that term pedo gets thrown around a lot.
Is a 16 year old guy having sex w/a 16 year old girl a pedophile?
If not, then how is a 30 year old considered a pedophile for doing the same thing?
I think y'all need to look up the definition for pedophile.

OfflineDRAGON
Doors of Perception
Male

Loc: Somewhere in the Universe
Re: the thought of living the rat race for the next 40 years of my life depresses me [Re: still beLIEve]
    #521452 - 01/31/11 02:29 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

I honestly don't understand how anyone from our generation has any reason to be depressed . Unless you live in a third world country, have an oppressive government  or some really bad traumatic stuff has happened to you. Then shit I don't blame you for feeling that way. And if this was an era before the internet blew up then I wouldn't blame you either. However, we unlike any other generation before us have so many options to have a very nice life style in our futures. If you work hard, apply the knowledge you learn during the course of your life and do the things that make you happy. Then it becomes practically impossible for you to be come depressed. Information in today's society travels in less than a second. Your life is determined by the choices that you make.

It's just how T-Rex explained and stated. Get a job that you truly love and enjoy to do and you'll never have to work a day in your life. That statement can come true for all of us currently making our way through the world. Just gotta put the time and effort in is all :wink:

--------------------
"I know that I know nothing"

OfflineNothing Is

#521471 - 01/31/11 05:39 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

TrippyStoner420 said:

Some people will say find a more pleasurable way to make more money. Yeah, good luck. When that doesn't pan out I suggest
  • don't marry a greedy cunt if you can team up with someone with your same value structure that's the way to go- think long term with marriage- personality over looks

don't have ANY children

keep your expenses low as possible

take pleasure in small cheap things (like literature and music)

learn to travel on the cheap and work temp jobs abroad

quit any job that becomes oppressive but do it in a real friendly way that doesn't piss people off - try to live your life on your own terms without burning all your bridges and try your best to avoid making enemies

OfflineSir Smokes A-Lot
friend of the aliens
Male

Re: the thought of living the rat race for the next 40 years of my life depresses me [Re: Nothing Is]
    #521480 - 01/31/11 06:29 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

You could trip to get some ideas TrippyStoner :wink:

If you'll do this make sure you write down all the questions you want answered and keep it handy.

Reading The Secret and The Psychedelic Experience would greatly help :thumbup:

--------------------
Beatles song

Edited by Sir Smokes A-Lot (01/31/11 06:35 AM)

OfflineShaggy420
Male

Re: the thought of living the rat race for the next 40 years of my life depresses me [Re: DRAGON]
    #521545 - 01/31/11 10:23 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

DRAGON said:
I honestly don't understand how anyone from our generation has any reason to be depressed . Unless you live in a third world country, have an oppressive government  or some really bad traumatic stuff has happened to you. Then shit I don't blame you for feeling that way. And if this was an era before the internet blew up then I wouldn't blame you either. However, we unlike any other generation before us have so many options to have a very nice life style in our futures. If you work hard, apply the knowledge you learn during the course of your life and do the things that make you happy. Then it becomes practically impossible for you to be come depressed. Information in today's society travels in less than a second. Your life is determined by the choices that you make.

It's just how T-Rex explained and stated. Get a job that you truly love and enjoy to do and you'll never have to work a day in your life. That statement can come true for all of us currently making our way through the world. Just gotta put the time and effort in is all :wink:

im not depressed at all, i love my life. its just the thought of working the rest of it away thats a bit depressing. i know how lucky i am to have a roof over my head, loving family, clean drinking water and regular meals. and im so grateful for these things. i just feel im going to get bored of working 5 days a week, and not really having anything special to do on the weekends.

im training to be a plumber, which is fairly enjoyable, but its not something i can say im passionate about.
i feel i could happily live the working life if i had something to look forwad to on the weekend, like going snowbaording, kayaking, or a camping trip in the wilderness or whatever :lol:

cant do these things here, so i really am considering moving out of this country after i got a couple years experience as a plumber.  canada australia and new zealand offer skilled worker visas to plumbers, so maybe its not so unrealistic to think about.

--------------------

OfflineShaggy420
Male

#521546 - 01/31/11 10:25 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

cheers for all the advice everyone, you really are a great bunch of people :highfive:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder