Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinesveumy
seeker of enlightenment
Male User Gallery

Loc: its cold
Grow 2.
    #505936 - 12/16/10 09:06 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

I decided not to wait till harvest of grow 1 is complete I set up a small seedling room with 2 150 watt cfls.  I put 4 seeds in to germinate.  As Soon as I feel I have successfull germination I will then plant them in solo cups to sit under the 300 watts of cfls in a home made humidity chamber.  my plan is to grow them till they are 6-8 inches tall and then switch them to the 12/12 600 watt hps.  My seedling room is really small so they cant get too big and I haven't sectioned my main grow room as of yet.  Not sure if I will beable to.... then new set up is rather large. 
A little about the seeds.  these seeds came from about a 1/2 I pulled 15 seeds from the bag.  Its a real couch lock high for about the first 2 hours then its an uplifting get up and get shit done kind of high.  So far out of the stuff I have purchased its my favorite.  Unknown strain.  My thoughts are indica dom hybrid with sativa traits fallowing.  I am gonna call it shoooaba.  I also plan to take a mother from this batch.  that will depend on what I get after sexing and how strong the plants are. 
My grow set up.  as mentioned before I am running 300 watts of cfls for initial veg.  600 watts of hps with a sun systems 2 reflector as well as 3 75 watt flouro grow lights.  I have two inline fans pushing a combined total of 326 cfm.  One of which is pulling through a can filter 9000.  The entire room is lined with mylar.  here are some photos of the new set up with my 3 surviving females.  I will update as I go.
Pic 1 is a photo of the 4" insert that I placed a nylon screen over.  Both my intake and out take plumb into the attic.  In arizona we have tons of spiders so I took some nylon screen and tapped it over one end. ( keep the bugs out.  3-4 pics of my seedling set up. 6 is of my filter. 7 exhaust ducting.  Now I did something a little different with my ehaust.  I punctured two holes in the ducting.  this allows a small amount of air out.  I did this and mounted the ducting right next to the venting on my ballast.  Hoping that with a little better air flow it will run cooler.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinesveumy
seeker of enlightenment
Male User Gallery

Re: Grow 2. [Re: sveumy]
    #505937 - 12/16/10 09:12 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Oh soil and stuff.  I will be purchasing FF/OF with in the next week to fill my pots.  The solo cups have some regular potting soil.  I have read several posts that FF/OF is too hot for seedlings so I figured I would let them get a 3-4 weeks old then transplant them.  right around the time they are looking for nuets.  this is theroy though correct me if Im wrong.

OfflineDRAGON
Doors of Perception
Male

Loc: Somewhere in the Universe
    #505972 - 12/16/10 01:23 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

I'd say that would be the safest way to go about with the soil. But then again I don't think I've ever heard of seedlings burning in FFOF soil. I could be wrong though.

--------------------
"I know that I know nothing"

Edited by DRAGON (12/16/10 01:24 PM)

Offlinemuse42
Zomberrific

Loc: West Coast
Re: Grow 2. [Re: DRAGON]
    #506087 - 12/16/10 08:48 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

I think the too hot for seedings thing is a myth.  Some seeds just have bad genetics.  It's always best to transplant your plants to like soil.  It is not mandatory but creates the least stress.  Also something to think about is how nutritious is the "regular potting soil".  It might not make it 3 to 4 weeks and may need nutes.  Then you will be transplanting into FFOF which is loaded with nutes.  If its not to late, I would start them FFOF.

Offlinesveumy
seeker of enlightenment
Male User Gallery

Re: Grow 2. [Re: muse42]
    #506102 - 12/16/10 09:53 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Its not to late at all.  I have yet to buy the FFOF yet.  I can absolutely switch over before planting.  I soaked my seeds last night when I checked them this morning they had all sank.  So I then put them in a moist paper towel in an effort to get some taproots showing.  At which point I will then drop them in the FFOF.  I am having eye surgery tomorrow So I wanted to get this started before I am layed up for a few days.  thanks for the input guys.

Offlinesveumy
seeker of enlightenment
Male User Gallery

#507122 - 12/20/10 05:48 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Ok update.  Its been a couple days since I have even been on the site. 
all seeds cracked and showed taproots.  They were then dropped into solo cups with the ffof.  given a little water and put under the CFLs.  They are on 24 hours of light right now.  They are all looking good.  1-2" above the soil.  I wish I had pictures for you.  Its been a crazy couple of days.  Next upday will come with photos.

Offlinesveumy
seeker of enlightenment
Male User Gallery

#511047 - 01/05/11 05:36 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Ok so I lied.  I haven't had time for photos.  I have alittle too much going on right now.  but as for the update. 
all 4 plants are about 4 inches tall.  They were transplanted last night into larger containers.  the root systems are growing very fast and look very healthy.  One of the plants is showing some odd signs.  i have looked at all my books and can't seem to find anything that looks the same.  Dry crusty leaf ends on the lower leafs pale green with yellow to orange and almost a red fade. the odd thing is it fades from light green to yellow to orange to red then to a healthy green.  maybe a calcium or manganese deficency.  Not sure.  I know I should get photos up that would help alot.  Seems alittle early to be showing deficency issues. 
On another note.  Very indica plant.  its amazing how much wider these leaves are then the 3 in my flower room.

Offlinesveumy
seeker of enlightenment
Male User Gallery

#517704 - 01/23/11 07:53 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

FAILED.  I went to las vegas for 4 days and my buddys wife was supposed to take care of my plants...... she neglected to water the little ones.  I came home to see them crispy fried.  They may have been able to be saved but I determined it was way to much stress and would set them back way too far.  I chopped them and will be starting over.

OfflineDRAGON
Doors of Perception
Male

Loc: Somewhere in the Universe
    #517714 - 01/23/11 08:14 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

:sad: That's damn sad to hear

--------------------
"I know that I know nothing"

Offlineshasha
aspiring sadhu

Re: Grow 2. [Re: DRAGON]
    #517848 - 01/23/11 10:51 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

god damn man that sucks. what a useless bitch!  :n00bslayer:

--------------------
"Today, a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration...that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There's no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we're the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the weather." - Bill Hicks

Offlinesveumy
seeker of enlightenment
Male User Gallery

Re: Grow 2. [Re: shasha]
    #517853 - 01/23/11 11:01 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I wouldn't say useless.  She did water the big plants in my flower room.  If she had missed those it would have been catastrophic.  I would have lost the last 4 months of work.  So not a complete loss.  I am being possitive about it.  This miss calculation on my part has forced me to rethink a few things.  The next grow will be planned better and I am looking to invest in a whole new veg room.  I like building and doing tech write ups.  So hopefully I will have some comming up in the next few weeks.  as well as the official start of Grow 3.

OfflineCanaman
GreenThumb GreenHorn

Loc: N 5steps, S 5steps, Spin ...
    #519929 - 01/27/11 07:22 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

why not just build a shelf in your original grow room for your seedlings?

--------------------

Canaman's Tutorials

ISO Green Oil
Gumby Hash

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies