Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinelostinbq
!!!STARNGE!!!!

a few DWC Q's
    #512525 - 01/10/11 07:45 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

ok so i got it all set up except the holes to hold the net pots cos they should be in today. finally decided to go hydro now. my question is what is a good temp for the water to be? my basement is pretty cold so i bought a heater that warms automatically to 75 degrees, will they like this temp till summer comes? and for nutes i got a bottle of the fox farm grow big for hydro(was on sale for 10 bucks.., (this part refers to a newly rooted seed, just hitting the water)-> i read some where that you should use less than whats recommended ( like it says 3 tsp per gal some 1 said to use 2 per gal read it somewhere not sure where) i was just wondering how you guys feed your plants. and is there somthing else i should get to add with the grow big? thanks for the advice.. gona troll around and read up a bit..

--------------------
Everyone are you ready for doom,
Because I've blackened the sun,
And I've bloodied the moon.
I bring gloom when I step in the room,
With the fumes of a tomb.
flowers bloom when Im taken away
:rofldrunk:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

Loc: High Flag
Re: a few DWC Q's [Re: lostinbq]
    #512547 - 01/10/11 11:18 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

75 is fine but I've read before that 70 or even lower is better. The warmer the watter gets the harder it is for the water to hold the oxygen in the water.

Mine stays around room temp usually(outside of the grow area) which is around anywhere from 60-73 depending on the time of the year.

--------------------
Suck my balls America

Offlinelostinbq
!!!STARNGE!!!!

Re: a few DWC Q's [Re: mhbound]
    #512561 - 01/10/11 01:49 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

ok so lets say the heater heats to 75. my basement is 50. and i am only going o veg with cfl's witch do not produce much heat.. do given the temp difference i say it should be around 72 maby most of the time cos that's when the heater says it kicks on.. the cfl's only make my box 6^ then my outside the box temps.. i think i should be fine ill just let the tub sit on the concrete to even it out i guess..

thanks for the info..

lol o yea,, i think oxygen might not be a prob cos im running 2 dual 2800cc with 4  14" air stone logs.. lol is that over kill cos i was using this tote for this grow while i make my 5 gal 5 bucket system for the next grow. 4 buckets to grow 1 for a rez.

also do you know anything about fox farm nutes?

--------------------

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

#512655 - 01/10/11 05:56 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Well, technically per watt CFL's put off more heat than a hps or mh. For example 400 watts of CFL lighting will produce more heat than a 400 watt HPS.

But it sounds like you've turned them on and have an idea of what the temp fluctuation will be. As long as you have some fans or something moving air out and fresh air in you can keep the heat down regardless of the lighting.

Personally I don't think you can have too much oxygen in the water..I don't see how, but don't take my word for it I've never researched this.

Which FF nutrients are you referring to? I have some experience with some of them. If I can't answer the question someone else can. Several people use them around here.

--------------------
Suck my balls America

Offlinelostinbq
!!!STARNGE!!!!

#512841 - 01/10/11 10:54 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

just the fox farm grow big for veg and tiger bloom from my last dirt grows. will this work now for my hydro adventure till i get paid in another 2 weeks.. i am only using 6 daylight 26 watt 100 eq till flower. only growing 1-2 plants. on a budget cos me and my wife are going to school and working minimal hours. so bare bones on the nutes plz.

--------------------

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

#512989 - 01/11/11 12:57 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I'm guessing you don't have an EC or PPM meter do you? If not here is the guide from Fox Farms(just ignore the additives you don't have).

http://www.foxfarmfertilizer.com/FoxFarm-Hydroponic-Schedule.pdf

The thing is, is thats a VERY VERY safe feeding schedule meaning you may need more or to adjust it somewhat depending on how your plants act after feeding. Remember to start with maybe half strength nutrients and work your way up.

If you have any specific questions or run in to any problems throughout just post them here or make another thread(up to you) and we'll get these ladies on the right track.

--------------------
Suck my balls America

Offlinelostinbq
!!!STARNGE!!!!

#513064 - 01/11/11 06:07 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

so my package with my nutes net pot and hydroton clay pellets came in today.

these are the nutes i got for veg. the 2 smaller ones where a bonus. should i use them as well to see how they work?

these where the dir for how to use. i was gonna use half strength for the first week once the roots hit the water. i think the grape said it was to help with growth and nute uptake and the shield was to help root growth. i just tested my ph and i am going to make a post to find a more wider answer to this but is there any way to use household items ( like baking soda to lower ph). hoping to start by this weekend. sooner if i do not need to buy any ph down..ph was 6.8.

--------------------

Edited by lostinbq (01/11/11 06:08 PM)

Invisiblemaryanne3087
Stranger
Trusted Cultivator
    #513197 - 01/12/11 08:57 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

lostinbq said:

lol o yea,, i think oxygen might not be a prob cos im running 2 dual 2800cc with 4  14" air stone logs.. lol is that over kill cos i was using this tote for this grow while i make my 5 gal 5 bucket system for the next grow. 4 buckets to grow 1 for a rez.

You can run all the air pumps in the world but if your temps are too high your water will get saturated at less than acceptable levels. They say to run your res for active hydro (DWC) at 68-72F if you google I'm sure you can find some oxygen saturation charts that will say how much oxygen can be held at various temps.

Offlinelostinbq
!!!STARNGE!!!!

Re: a few DWC Q's [Re: maryanne3087]
    #513213 - 01/12/11 10:21 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

lol i kno bro. was just saying she should love her environment:vaped: popped a seed last night and one of them cracked already. throwing it in a jiffy puck now.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck