Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleLSD
Stranger
 User Gallery

mushroom?
    #509843 - 12/29/10 10:29 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I just saw this now on one (1/40) of my plants

I was on travel and wasn't able to water them since 4 days ago, also the humidity was about 65-75%
however I'm using dehumidifer now and it lowered to 50-60
it seems there is no bad sign on that or any of them

but was that normal? what should I do?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemuse42
Zomberrific

Loc: West Coast
Re: mushroom? [Re: LSD]
    #509852 - 12/29/10 11:23 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Its just a mushroom.  Your fine.

--------------------
It looks like it's going to be another Gravity Bong type day...

InvisibleAcidic_Sloth
Acidic poly-Sided Di-slothamide
 User Gallery

Loc: ainrofilac
    #509872 - 12/30/10 04:08 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

neat!

--------------------
-- Accept my heart warming gift of TREE SCRATCHIES!!! I absolve thee!! --

JaP: 30,000 lines of gay, cock, and fag can't be wrong
Ped: only in #shroomery is "smuggle opium in her ass" followed by "i don't want shitty opium" which is followed by " *** Joins: PENISSQUAD"
--
JaP: What would this place be without random sluts?
JaP: Nothing, I tell you.

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

Loc: High Flag
    #509914 - 12/30/10 11:40 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

edit:took another look not right

--------------------
Suck my balls America

Edited by mhbound (01/01/11 07:34 PM)

Offlinekln
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: mushroom? [Re: mhbound]
    #510397 - 01/01/11 02:05 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

haha nice
Some months ago I had some mushrooms growing from some used coco/perlite in pots wich i moved to outdoor and forgot to clean xD
so its not quite unusual

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Loc: Bumfuckt Egypt
Re: mushroom? [Re: kln]
    #510399 - 01/01/11 02:20 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I had a few of these in my cacti before. Was mad funny when I saw them in there. Don't worry too much.

Too bad its not a kind thats gonna do anything for ya  :awecid:

--------------------
Of course it's happening inside your head.
Why should that mean it isn't real?

InvisibleLSD
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: mushroom? [Re: RasJeph]
    #510426 - 01/01/11 06:51 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

after the day I saw I flushed all the pots and arranged the moist level but they are still growing on some pots

maybe I should change my soil mix

OfflineP.Menace
Potato Salad?
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #511521 - 01/06/11 07:34 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

lol... and they will continue to grow as long as you continue to feed and water your plants... at this point you have "contaminated" your grow area at least with the spores which can and will continue to plague your grows unless you do something about it... get yourself some nice horticultural antifungals to treat your soil with and bleach everything else in the area in hopes of destroying the remaining spores that have been cast into every crevis of the room from the mushrooms themselves.
or ignore the problem for now and live with the plague it creates.

--------------------
I grow more Shrooms!!!

Offlinethe man

Re: mushroom? [Re: P.Menace]
    #511592 - 01/06/11 11:56 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

old fashioned peroxide water. wont hurt your plants will actually add soem o2. 3 capfules per litre hit them with that, let it chill out add more water with perhaps a bit more dilute solution. not sure if that will be enough but def wont hurt if your worried about a sporolated grow area. also pick the muchrooms before they mature man! cheers

OfflineDephect

Folding@home Statistics
Re: mushroom? [Re: the man]
    #511624 - 01/07/11 02:31 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I use H2O2 in my watering. I have never tried it with soil in fear of losing nutrient from it but I usually use from 2.5ml - 4ml per gallon in my DWC buckets. It keeps the roots nice and clean, it makes the res smell better. I use 29% FYI.

Now I grow mushrooms, and I grow weed. If I ever saw the two in the same pot I wouldn't just not worry about it. If your plant starts to show signs of distress then I would consider taking action of getting that fungi problem solved. Those mushrooms have to be feeding off of something, they probably take nutrients from the soil which is something you want your plants to have. 

It would be better if there were Cubes popping out but those look like you don't even wanna touch them.

OfflineP.Menace
Potato Salad?
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: mushroom? [Re: Dephect] * 1
    #511656 - 01/07/11 08:36 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

those arent deadly or poisonus mushrooms... you could always go to the shroomery and post a pic in the identification forum to be sure... theres a lot of guys over there that would be able to ID it before me, but they look like a Coprinopsis atramentaria Inky cap (which is edible and does not spread spores in the normal fashion, instead of ejection spores thru elecrostatic force the cap and entire mushroom turns to an inky substance once the fruit fully matures) but i do not advocate eating them until someone with more experience identifies them... also Coprinopsis atramentaria is a lignin or wood loving species of mushroom and would be feeding off of dead loam material or manure in the soil mix, not the plant itself.

H202 does not kill the mushroom mycelium either...its used as a cleaning agent of the mushroom mycelium in mushroom cultivation.

--------------------
I grow more Shrooms!!!

OfflineDephect

Folding@home Statistics
Re: mushroom? [Re: P.Menace]
    #511948 - 01/08/11 02:29 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I was just elaborating on the statement made above me. Never said it kills the mycellium, but keeps your pots clean thats for sure. I have some other stuff that stops rot problems as well.

I just mainly wanted to state that it should not be something overlooked. When your growing in a indoor environment you should be able to control your plants and the environment. Do you want mushrooms and other fungi growing in your pots? I doubt all of them can be beneficial or neutral to the plant. What if the mycellium turns green or to some other form of mold? It might not happen but what if it does? Think about bud rot and mold and what it does to the buds. Think about what it can do to the roots and the plant if its in the soil. I just take in all the possibilities and act upon them.

Keep the mushrooms :smile: Don't keep them :smile: Don't eat them :smile: If its not hurting them then whatever but if things turn funky I would take action quickly.

Edited by Dephect (01/08/11 02:36 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate