Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
Should all drugs be legal?
    #510017 - 12/30/10 06:04 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I think we can all agree that pot should be legal, but what about the other drugs?  Heroin, coke, dmt, androsteendion, etc.  Should those drugs be legal and available for anyone who wants to try them?
Should all drugs be legal?
You may choose only one

Votes accepted from (12/30/10 06:03 PM) to (No end specified)
View the results of this poll

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBig_tiggy
Male

Loc: Neither here nor there
Re: Should all drugs be legal? [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #510020 - 12/30/10 06:08 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

It's hard to say if the positives would outweigh the negatives, but I know as it stands right now the negatives outweigh the positives, so I'm gonna have to say yes, but only for like a trial period, and ofcourse we would need to educate the kids on how dangerous drugs like H, crack, and meff, can be to your physical and mental wellbeing.

Offlinerah
delusional as usual
Male

Re: Should all drugs be legal? [Re: Big_tiggy]
    #510023 - 12/30/10 06:17 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

They should all be legal in my opinion.
Since drugs seem to bring happiness why are they illegal?
My point is that humans tend to not exceed the age of 100.. so since we all at this point will only live 100 years or less, who has the right to take away the fun we want to have with our lives?

I believe drugs like marijuana and mushrooms should be regulated kind of like alcohol is today.. but the other "harder" drugs such as cocaine, heroin, molly, etc.. should be regulated as prescription drugs, the person can only have so much of the "harder" drug per day, so not everyone would be OD'ing.. and maybe even a service that checks on the user every few hours to make sure they're doing okay.

But my vote is Yes, the feelings caused by the drugs are priceless imo.

Invisibledrawde

Re: Should all drugs be legal? [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #510024 - 12/30/10 06:51 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

The entire concept of drugs being "illegal" is illegitimate IMO.

--------------------
King Koopa said:
The amount of pot that Gask smokes is equivalent to a guy shooting heroin on weekends

OfflineSteve Buscemi

Re: Should all drugs be legal? [Re: drawde]
    #510026 - 12/30/10 07:08 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Some drugs are bad and shouldn't be legal, others should be. I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say something crazy.................. I think marijuana should be legal.:ooo:

OfflineDRAGON
Doors of Perception
Male

Loc: Somewhere in the Universe
Re: Should all drugs be legal? [Re: Steve Buscemi]
    #510034 - 12/30/10 08:02 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Yes or else you create a black market by making it illegal. Now who wants that?

--------------------
"I know that I know nothing"

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Re: Should all drugs be legal? [Re: Steve Buscemi]
    #510036 - 12/30/10 08:06 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Many people don't use drugs cause they are illegal. Making all drugs legal would increase the numbers of people addicted to the drugs, you'd have to be a retard to think it wouldn't. Now while being a addict wouldn't be illegal the stuff they would do to get the drugs that they can't afford would be.  :syringe:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

InvisibleiStoner
Astral Beast
Male

Re: Should all drugs be legal? [Re: Magash]
    #510039 - 12/30/10 08:18 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Im still sort of undecided, both sides have there ups and downs.

--------------------

OfflineKrackatus
Vapehead

Loc: UK Flag
Re: Should all drugs be legal? [Re: Magash] * 1
    #510041 - 12/30/10 08:20 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I think all should be legal. Most of the danger in using street drugs is in their impurity. If all drugs were made legal to use and legal to research, then people would be able to use pure product with less risk. People are going to use drugs one way or the other. The war on drugs has failed. It might aswell be done in a controlled way which will make it much safer for users.

--------------------
"Cannabis is not a health problem. The problem is that it promotes social values and attitudes which are unwelcome in capitalist market based society. It's just that simple." - Terence McKenna

Invisibleopenmind
cannaisseur

Loc: Cannafornia
    #510052 - 12/30/10 09:04 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Krackatus said:
I think all should be legal. Most of the danger in using street drugs is in their impurity. If all drugs were made legal to use and legal to research, then people would be able to use pure product with less risk. People are going to use drugs one way or the other. The war on drugs has failed. It might aswell be done in a controlled way which will make it much safer for users.

:werd:

I say yes, all drugs should be legal. People should have the right to put what ever they want in their bodies. I think it would be wrong to legalize most drugs, but keep certain select things such as meth or heroin illegal....

If the drugs were controlled in some way, with consistent potency and purity, the "risks" associated with hard drugs would drop quite a bit...Along with bringing in an honest, strait forward drug education system, not this DARE propaganda bullshit. DARE pretty much says drugs are bad, don't do them. Instead of saying no don't do drugs, we need to educate in a non-biased way. Laying out the strait facts about drugs, how they act within out bodies, the real risks associated with them, etc.

And most of all, stop treating drug addicts (and users) like criminals. Rather than locking them up, help and give treatment to those that need it. If they don't want help, shit, their life :shrug: ...

Quote:

Magash said:
Many people don't use drugs cause they are illegal. Making all drugs legal would increase the numbers of people addicted to the drugs, you'd have to be a retard to think it wouldn't....

I don't think this would happen...

Look at places like Portugal that have completely decriminalized drugs, after a short spike in over all use, statistics show that drug use actually dropped :shrug: . Though decriminalization is different from outright legalization...

In 2001, Portugal became the first European country to abolish all criminal penalties for personal drug possession. In addition, drug users were to be targeted with therapy rather than prison sentences. Research commissioned by the Cato Institute and led by Glenn Greenwald found that in the five years after the start of decriminalisation, illegal drug use by teenagers had declined, the rate of HIV infections among drug users had dropped, deaths related to heroin and similar drugs had been cut by more than half, and the number of people seeking treatment for drug addiction had doubled

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

My .02 cents :stoner:

--------------------

Invisibledrawde

#510054 - 12/30/10 09:10 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Magash said:
Many people don't use drugs cause they are illegal. Making all drugs legal would increase the numbers of people addicted to the drugs, you'd have to be a retard to think it wouldn't. Now while being a addict wouldn't be illegal the stuff they would do to get the drugs that they can't afford would be.  :syringe:

Even though I disagree with this sentiment I say let them anyway. Who has the right to tell another what they can or cannot do with themselves?

--------------------
King Koopa said:
The amount of pot that Gask smokes is equivalent to a guy shooting heroin on weekends

Invisibleopenmind
cannaisseur

Loc: Cannafornia
Re: Should all drugs be legal? [Re: drawde]
    #510057 - 12/30/10 09:15 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

drawde said:
...Who has the right to tell another what they can or cannot do with themselves?

Exactly

:stoner:

--------------------

InvisibleFarBeyondDriven
Truthfully, I'm a bullshitter
Male User Gallery

Loc: Greenbow, Alabama
Re: Should all drugs be legal? [Re: openmind]
    #510064 - 12/30/10 09:50 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Tough question FB.  There's ups and downs to each side of the story.

--------------------

Invisiblestill beLIEve
State Property..Again
Male

Loc: a world thats not my own
Re: Should all drugs be legal? [Re: FarBeyondDriven]
    #510075 - 12/30/10 10:16 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I've struggled with this question a lot in the past. I don't think so personally. I know firsthand how nasty addiction can get. Not just for the person but for anyone who cares about them. Think of the people running wild on Xanax and Meth binges if it was legal. The crimes that would be commited by people on 2 week Meth binges. The wrecks on people nodding out at the wheel. The overdoses. The parents, children and friends who's life's are consumed with watching someone they love slowly kill themselves. How are you supposed to tell someone to stop if its legal?

Saying 'yeah man freedom! You have the right to put what you want in your body'  sounds great and revolutionary said like that.  But I think you need to play the tape out. Understand that it wouldn't just effect the person taking the drug. There are cause and effects wr can't begin to immagine. But the ones I can immagine are still frightening  enough for me to say hell no.

And on top of that do we really want to be a society characterized by chemicals?

--------------------
niteowl said:
See, that term pedo gets thrown around a lot.
Is a 16 year old guy having sex w/a 16 year old girl a pedophile?
If not, then how is a 30 year old considered a pedophile for doing the same thing?
I think y'all need to look up the definition for pedophile.

Edited by still beLIEve (12/30/10 10:18 PM)

OfflineDungenessDank
Lord of the Flies

Loc: PNW
Re: Should all drugs be legal? [Re: still beLIEve] * 1
    #510079 - 12/30/10 10:20 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

But aren't we already there, just in denial of our countries problem?

OfflineFRACTALife
Rust Fuckin' Cohle
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Carcosa Flag
Re: Should all drugs be legal? [Re: FurrowedBrow] * 1
    #510080 - 12/30/10 10:21 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

All drugs should be legal.

Obviously, some drugs are very dangerous and not the smartest choice to use. But it's all about freedom and once we start restricting one thing, it's easier to restrict another that shouldn't be illegal.
People, be free and learn. Make your own decisions.

--------------------

InvisibleFarBeyondDriven
Truthfully, I'm a bullshitter
Male User Gallery

Loc: Greenbow, Alabama
Re: Should all drugs be legal? [Re: still beLIEve]
    #510081 - 12/30/10 10:24 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I agree with that.  People won't stop now when using becomes a problem and it's illegal, imagine trying to get them to stop when it's legal.  It would be insanely hard, if not impossible for most.

--------------------

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Re: Should all drugs be legal? [Re: FRACTALife]
    #510085 - 12/30/10 10:36 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

All about the freedom stuff is such a joke. Pick up any addict off the street and ask him just how free he feels.

Hey Inverted your out there somewhere. Just how free are you feeling right about now?

I know this if it became legal to do any drug you like it should be legal to blow that persons brains out when you catch him breaking into your house to try and rip off shit so he can score his now legal drug.

It's funny, the same people who bitch about freedom are the same people that bitch about their tax dollars being used to clean up the mess.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Invisiblestill beLIEve
State Property..Again
Male

Re: Should all drugs be legal? [Re: FRACTALife]
    #510087 - 12/30/10 10:41 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

DungenessDank said:
But aren't we already there, just in denial of our countries problem?

For sure. But do we fix the problem by feeding people more of the medicine that caused tthe.problem?

I don't know the answer. But I know legalization isn't it.

Quote:

FRACTALife said:
People, be free and learn. Make your own decisions.

There you go with that hippy bullshit again.

What happens when someones.'free decisions' impacts your life? What if a drunk driver killer.your dad? Or a xannied out dude needed cash broke in to your house for more money to but his legal drugs? I understand this shit already happens. But if drugs are made legal all this would happen on a much larger scale.

I'm all for freedom and rights. but this just doesn't make sense
Some type of preventative measure has to be taken to preserve the saftey of others.

--------------------
niteowl said:
If not, then how is a 30 year old considered a pedophile for doing the same thing?

Invisiblestill beLIEve
State Property..Again
Male

Re: Should all drugs be legal? [Re: still beLIEve]
    #510092 - 12/30/10 10:44 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I have a feeling many of the people saying ' yeah legalize drugs brah' don't have a firm grip on addiction and how far it actually reaches.

Addiction doesn't just effect the person doing drugs. It never does. If it did it would be another issue.

--------------------
niteowl said:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures