Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Invisibleneepling
Fat Ladies Buttocks.
Female

Loc: Ass Flavoured Pie Factory
Re: Terence McHAHA [Re: TheMantis]
    #50542 - 06/04/08 03:48 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

This is probably how fungi got here. Traveling spores. There's no fossil records of fungi older than 40 million years.

hmmm .. i just flicked through my bio text book and a found info and a picture of a fungal hyphae and spores that are dated around 460 million years old :P
but even then, why do you need a fossil?.. fungi evolve as a species like everything else. they weren't always a fungus. heard of evolution and common ancestry ?

seriously i don't know why/where people come up with some of these ideas.. cos i hear about similiar crap from certain "cosmic" people i know also.

i mean ok.. it might be fun or spiritual or whatever to think of these things.. but seriously some of it is so far out retarded... especially when people actually start believing it lol

--------------------
oh noe! I'm heaps beached bro..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSativus
Brosef Knecht
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: Terence McHAHA [Re: TheMantis]
    #50578 - 06/04/08 09:15 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

TheMantis said:
This is probably how fungi got here. Traveling spores. There's no fossil records of fungi older than 40 million years.

:nonono:  All genetic evidence indicates fungi evolved on this planet (interestingly, fungi are more closely related to animals than plants in their evolutionary history).

But let's assume for a second you're right, mushrooms got here via fungal space travel.  How do you explain the fact that their mitochodrial DNA originates from bacteria here on earth?  Did they travel out the middle of the Milky Way, extablish there, then migrate on back?

--------------------
Bufotenin
PiHKAL|TiHKAL|PCPiHKAL
Rhodium|Wetdreams|Synthetikal
DMT Extraction Overview|Jungle Spice
I Discovered the Oakridge Strain

Invisibleandyistic
We got them veenoms!

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Lot
Re: Terence McHAHA [Re: Sativus]
    #50601 - 06/04/08 10:18 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

The entire Universe is a giant mushroom!

Invisiblebeatyou
Male User Gallery

Loc: 512/atx
Re: Terence McHAHA [Re: andyistic]
    #50647 - 06/04/08 12:21 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

the local college radio station randomly plays McKenna shit, usually "alien dreamtime" - they play it at random hours mostly during the day time surprisingly.

entertaining shit, i used to listen to it at work and crack up

--------------------
this is me on a bar, 3 methrolls (up 4 days), ketamine, and some good acid two years ago.

OfflineTheMantis
Convivialist
Male

Loc: Bay Area, California
Re: Terence McHAHA [Re: neepling]
    #50683 - 06/04/08 01:30 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

neepling said:
Quote:

hmmm .. i just flicked through my bio text book and a found info and a picture of a fungal hyphae and spores that are dated around 460 million years old :P
but even then, why do you need a fossil?.. fungi evolve as a species like everything else. they weren't always a fungus. heard of evolution and common ancestry ?

Sorry. I meant to add one more zero to that number. But I still would have been off by 60 mil.

I don't believe any of it. I'd be willing to change my ideas about anything. A belief you'll stick by no matter what. I just enjoy thinking. These thoughts lead us to research the plausibility of their truth. be. I'm not hereto prove or debunk anything. I just enjoy playing Devil's Advocate for Mckenna's sake.I do the same thing for science, para-science, and religion.

I'm not trying to prove that even though a spore can live in an oxygen free environment with zero guarding to ultra-violet light, that they could float through space and eventually come into contact with a planet. Or that anything larger than a helium molecule could escape Earth's gravitational pull no matter how many trillions of spores are constantly in the air and atmosphere. Or that the planet was seeded by microbe floating aimlessly through space. But then again, who can prove that these things don't happen?

Edited by TheMantis (06/04/08 01:40 PM)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom