Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
Hawaii!
    #499656 - 11/20/10 12:44 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

It's official!  I'm going on a little vacation in January to our newest state.  I'm curious if anyone's been there and what exactly there is to do down there.  I will be spending most of my time on oahu, honolulu, but I also plan to go to the big island and play a round or two of golf over there.  I'd like to do some hiking, biking, exploration of all kinds.  Maybe visit Maui too.  share your Hawaiian experiences here!

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Re: Hawaii! [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #499661 - 11/20/10 12:52 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I was born on Oahu and have a house on the Big Island. :happyweed:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Male User Gallery

Re: Hawaii! [Re: Magash]
    #499662 - 11/20/10 12:57 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

shit son!  I'll pm you my address so you can send me the keys!  :lol:  So what's there to do out there?  I'm going to try my damndest to find some legit hawaiian grown bud out there.

--------------------

~ Thomas Jefferson ~

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

#499748 - 11/20/10 07:37 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Don't buy bud anyplace near the beach. Ripoffs target torrest in those areas. Oahu has a pretty good nightlife your not gonna have a hard time finding stuff to do.

The big island has snow skiing which is a trip to tell people you went to Hawaii and snow skied and then water skied 10 minutes later. There is also some pretty killer Mt Biking in the area. :potleaf:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

InvisibleFractalDust
∞ ♥
 User Gallery

Loc: Eternal moment
    #499790 - 11/20/10 10:47 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Jan/Feb is an amazing time to be in Hawaii. Great snorkeling around there and the wales will be around during that time so you can wale watch and hear them while snorkeling. :thumbup:

--------------------

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Male User Gallery

Re: Hawaii! [Re: FractalDust]
    #499793 - 11/20/10 11:09 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

did a bit of research and saw that these months are also the best for surfing.  i'll be sure to check out the north shore at some point.  i was thinking about scuba too.  but haven't looked up the requirements for that.

--------------------

~ Thomas Jefferson ~

Invisibleltd
 User Gallery

#499795 - 11/20/10 11:11 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

have fun and make sure to post the setlist after the show :smile2:

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Male User Gallery

Re: Hawaii! [Re: ltd]
    #499796 - 11/20/10 11:23 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I will.  Word on the beat is that they are planning to add some new stuff.  I think in terms of the visual presentation.  Also, danny is brining this drum kit with him...

--------------------

~ Thomas Jefferson ~

Invisiblepsyberpunk
Lunatic

Loc: Behind a Pipe
    #499812 - 11/21/10 12:18 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

If you end up visiting Maui, get a rental car and drive to Hana. (There's only one way to get there from the main airport city.) Make sure you drive that road to Hana really high. It's a twisty windy road with one lane bridges, through mountains and rainforest. By the time you get to Hana, you will want to stay there forever or take a helicopter back, because you will be in no mood to make a return trip. Still, though, it's great to get away from it all.

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Male User Gallery

Re: Hawaii! [Re: psyberpunk]
    #507839 - 12/21/10 11:36 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

yeah, i will be in maui for one day.  I'll rent a car but i have no idea what to do there or where to stay.  Should be a good time though.  thanks for the tips thus far!  Any more?

--------------------

~ Thomas Jefferson ~

OfflineeNtranceAsexit
Bang-a-Bang-Boogie

#507849 - 12/21/10 11:55 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

FurrowedBrow said:
I will.  Word on the beat is that they are planning to add some new stuff.  I think in terms of the visual presentation.  Also, danny is brining this drum kit with him...

:sad:

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Male User Gallery

Re: Hawaii! [Re: Magash]
    #516707 - 01/21/11 03:00 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Magash said:
I was born on Oahu and have a house on the Big Island. :happyweed:

OK man, i played golf at Mauna Kea (on the big island) the day before yesterday and looked at all the houses around there.  My fucking GOD man.  I know those aren't really typical houses since it was on a resort area.  but still.  The big island is fucking awesome!  Not too many tourists and plenty of parking (at least on the weekdays). 

The tool show was fucking EPIC.  Kirk Hammett came out and played part of Orion with the band during Lateralus.  That shit blew my mind.  I was tripping pretty good at that point, and so were the 20 or so people i was with!  Man we had the most epically life changing time.  I brought the mushies down there for everyone and i had people telling me that they will never be the same from the trip.  One person said she was going to tattoo my face on her back.  She also took a 5 hour shower and thought she was a mermaid.  She fell asleep with the most beautiful smile on her face.  oh man.  It sucks to be back here.  I want to live down there with all those good people.  TOOL ARMY FOR THE MOTHER FUCKING WIN!!!!!  that was tool show number 16.  ALso, a couple of the people we were there with were walking around late night on Waikiki beach and walked past a pub when someone knocked on the glass and flipped them off.  Then they noticed it was mother fucking Justin channcellor and danny carey.  The bassist and drummer (arguably the best in the world) from tool.  So they got to hang out with them for a while.  I could go on and on with stories and such, but will reserve that only if someone wants to hear about it.  Here's a video of that Lateralus performance with kirk...

Orion starts at about 6 minutes into it.  bad fucking ass!!!!!!!!

--------------------

~ Thomas Jefferson ~

InvisibleFarBeyondDriven
Truthfully, I'm a bullshitter
Male User Gallery

Loc: Greenbow, Alabama
    #516711 - 01/21/11 03:15 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Glad you had a good time bro.  I know you were lookin forward toward it a lot.  Tool show sounds epic as fuck.  I watched the video, the audio was really good.  Cool as shit about Kirk comin to jam with them.  Quick question.  Was he playing one of his guitars or one of Adam's?  I'm interested in little nuances like that.  Don't know why.  Hawaii sounds like a beautiful place, I'd love to go someday.  Glad you had a good time man.

--------------------

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Male User Gallery

Re: Hawaii! [Re: FarBeyondDriven]
    #516719 - 01/21/11 04:00 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

thanks!  I'm not sure man.  I was on the 16th row but i was tooo tripped out on other things to notice something like that.  I just know that adam loves his gibson silver burst.  it's a bad ass instrument too.  I *think* kirk lives out there cause he also played with them the last time they played hawaii in 2006.  I think he joined em for sober that show. 

On a growery related side note, i bought a bag of weed from a local.  It turned out to be some fake ass shit!  I got pictures of it too.  I will post those in a new thread to get opinions on wtf it is.  I showed it to like 20 pot heads down there and none of them had any idea what it was.  we were all dumbfounded.  that was actually a scary time, cause i was tripping then too, and was threatened indirectly.

--------------------

~ Thomas Jefferson ~

InvisibleFarBeyondDriven
Male User Gallery

#516721 - 01/21/11 04:03 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I gotcha bro.  I play guitar so I'm interested in shit like that.  He does love that silver burst les paul though.  Yeah, I'd love to see the pics of that "weed" you bought.  Not cool.

Wouldn't surprise me if Kirk lived out there.  He seems like the type to just want to live somewhere chilled out.  Seen him live a couple times with Metallica.  He rips.

--------------------

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Male User Gallery

#516729 - 01/21/11 04:49 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

i found a flac version of the show if you're interested in it.  I'm sooo glad someone recorded it.  I wasn't going to risk it with the position of my seats.  there was an aisle way behind me.  i don't go to a lot of other concerts besides tool but is that  normal thing, for security to take cameras and phones if you are caught with them in the air?  thats one thing i hate about tool.  their militant stance on piracy and bootlegging.  they may have created the music but they sure the fuck can't own it.  the a perfect circle shows i went to last november was also like that.  they were recording it professionally though.  these tool shows aren't professionally video recorded, as far as i know.

--------------------

~ Thomas Jefferson ~

InvisibleFarBeyondDriven
Male User Gallery

#516732 - 01/21/11 04:53 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I've heard Tool is really, really, really tight on that shit.  I've been to other shows where people were taking pictures and shit indiscriminently and there was no problem whatsoever, but I've they'll kick you out of Tool shows for that.  Maynard hates that.  So no, that's not really normal. Although, I have been to a couple shows where security will tell you not to, but 5 mins later they walk past you and don't say shit.  Just Maynard's thing I guess :justdontknow:

--------------------

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Male User Gallery

#516743 - 01/21/11 06:19 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

well, it really is a fucking buzz kill when you're standing there rocking out to the music and all of a sudden some fat ass comes in and grabs the person in front of yous camera.  it doesn't bother me that people hold up their cameras or w/e.  It bothers me that the security creates altercations because of it.  It's kinda like prohibition.  that shit is going to happen no matter what.  Hell a flac version of the show was available wednesday.  I suspect a video will surface sooon too.  I love too fans soo much man.  The real hard core fans that is.  I think with the group we had that went we probably had 300 shows attended between us.  these are the fans i like.  I will post a pic of us to show you how hard of fans im talking about.  Tool tats on the neck, hands, calfs and everywhere in between.  can't say enough about em.  We look out for our brothers and sisters.  You should check them out if they make it out that way again.  If they do, I will probably be there for it.  i've already decided to take out a loan on my 401k when they hit europe.  there should be a couple of us for that too.  im so fortunate man.  I hadn't tripped for a few months or so prior to last weekend.  but man, it was awesome to swim in the ocean at 3 am monday morning while tripping.  giving a friend a high five and saying, this is enjoying life!  :lol:  So much love!

--------------------

~ Thomas Jefferson ~

InvisibleFarBeyondDriven
Male User Gallery

#516746 - 01/21/11 06:23 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Your trip does sound very amazing, yes :bigyesnod:

I'm (was) like that with Pantera.  There wasn't anywhere I wouldn't travel to see them.  Only got to see them once though before Dime got shot :frown:  I love the hardcore fans too man.  It's like noone else gets it but them.  Oh, and swimming in the ocean at 3am trippin balls sounds fuckin great.  :lol:

--------------------

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Male User Gallery

#516754 - 01/21/11 06:31 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I am going to trip again this weekend and do some reflective writing about the trip.  Everyone that went said it was a life changing experience.  And it was.  I'm going to write it up and send it to blair, who is the band's webmaster/best friend.  I met him last July at a show in la.  Just to let them know how their music has connected and inspired us.  if that doesn't get too detailed i will post it here too.  so what's been happenin around these parts this last week?  I feel like i leave for more than a day and i'm way behind.  But when im here every day nothing happens.  :lol:

--------------------

~ Thomas Jefferson ~

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies