Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineShaggy420
Male

outdoor grow preparation
    #495755 - 11/06/10 03:55 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

so i was hoping i could start a small stealth wardrobe grow, but my mum didnt like the idea so i ruled that one out :sad: suppose its understandable for her to be concerned though. :shrug:

so Ive decided im going to start a outdoor grow next season, and now seems like a good time to start planning.  never too early to prepare right?

right, Ive done an unbelivable amount of research so im pretty sure im capable of pulling off a fairly successful grow. just a few things im a bit unsure of.

i ha vent decided on any of the specifics yet, but my basic plan would be 5 feminized seeds started indoors, on window-sill maybe? then move outdoors first week of may into 25 litre pots with regular store bought compost.

i dont want to be spending too much on this because of how shit our summers can be here, and the lack of safe grow sites

but my main concerns other than security would be:

feminized seeds, im worried about Hermie's especially with the plants being outdoors, so i wouldn't be able to check up on them regularly enough to remove the pollen sacks.

pot size and soil, would regular multipurpose soil be good enough and would i get away with using 25 litre pots outdoors, does the gallon per foot of height rule apply for outdoor plants?

another thing i was thinking about doing would be to buy mr nice walkabout, which is a assorted selection of 25 seeds from mr nice seed bank. i thought it could be a good idea just to plant these fuckers directly into the ground everywhere and just leaving them to do their thing. hopefully a couple would produce some bud :shrug:

wow im rambling, i got quite a few questions but i think ill leave it at that for now.

thanks dudes:awebig:

--------------------

:Awemush::happyweed::fasted::happyweed::Awemush:

http://www.clear-uk.org/

Edited by Shaggy420 (11/06/10 04:03 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineShaggy420
Male

Re: outdoor grow preparation [Re: Shaggy420]
    #495914 - 11/07/10 07:22 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

another thing, if i was to dig holes and fill it with store bought compost, would it be better to do it a couple of months in advance?

and when do you guys start prepping for your outdoor grows.

--------------------

InvisibleHendershot
Shapeshifter
Male User Gallery

#495930 - 11/07/10 07:50 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

You can dig holes whenever (I have ten dug for next season-6 mos away). 20 more to go..
I've read that you shouldn't prep your soil before or during winter, as it will lose vital nutes and micronutes. I have a nice secluded spot, so I'm gonna transport bags of soil to the site throughout the winter, leaving it in the bags until I start vegging in March. Gonna pick up nutes, pots, more lights, etc., bit by bit over the winter. March and April are gonna busy months...
If you can find the perfect spot, I would recommend growing in the ground as opposed to pots. The plants will have a broader stronger root base, and you'll cut about 1' off of the overall height, making them a bit easier to conceal..
You should probably refer to Inverted and Lucid when it comes to outdoor q's. I know outdoors is Inverted's specialty..
Hope you're gonna make a log?

--------------------

"You're cool, you're cool, fuck you, I'm out.."

OfflineShaggy420
Male

Re: outdoor grow preparation [Re: Hendershot]
    #495967 - 11/07/10 11:40 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

if i could find a secluded spot i wouldnt really have any worries, but wilderness is hard to come across in england. mold is going to be a concern as well which is why i dont want to spend to much time and money on this. and i will definatley be making a grow log:awesomenod:

:feelsbadman: that i got to wait another whole year before ill have my own stash of bud :sad: which means its another year of buying overpriced herb:rolleyes:

im hoping the freebies on attitude are going to be a couple of auto flowers just so i get a bit of bud early in the season :vaped:

--------------------

Invisibledrawde
    #497753 - 11/13/10 12:58 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

TrippyStoner420 said:
:feelsbadman: that i got to wait another whole year before ill have my own stash of bud :sad: which means its another year of buying overpriced herb:rolleyes:

I feel that man, waiting is brutal.

--------------------
King Koopa said:
The amount of pot that Gask smokes is equivalent to a guy shooting heroin on weekends

OfflineOreocookiemadness
Stranger

Re: outdoor grow preparation [Re: drawde]
    #498650 - 11/16/10 04:47 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I live in upstate NY, where you pretty much have to deal with 6 months of winter. I'd like to grow outdoors, and was wondering if anyone else in the general area has any recommendations for the easiest strain to grow, with the best trippy/mellow high and greatest yield? I'll be growing strictly for my own amusement and will not be distributing. Thanks all, and I apologize in advance if this subject has been covered elsewhere. I am completely new to growing, so any tips would be appreciated. Thanks!

OfflineShaggy420
Male

Re: outdoor grow preparation [Re: Oreocookiemadness]
    #498666 - 11/16/10 06:28 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

after firther research ive gone off the idea of an outdoor grow in this country.

most uk guerilla grow logs ive read have failed one way or another, whether its mold, or because of the lack of security they just seem to fail here :sad:

my mum has came around to the idea of a stealth grow in my bedroom, she just says she dosnt want to know anything about it. just have to see what my old man says :shrug:

--------------------

Offlinejkell
Midnight toker

Loc: Don' worry bout it
    #498755 - 11/17/10 01:20 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

TrippyStoner420 said:
after firther research ive gone off the idea of an outdoor grow in this country.

most uk guerilla grow logs ive read have failed one way or another, whether its mold, or because of the lack of security they just seem to fail here :sad:

my mum has came around to the idea of a stealth grow in my bedroom, she just says she dosnt want to know anything about it. just have to see what my old man says :shrug:

wow you have some cool ass parents, good thing I'm not at home anymore my parents would not be cool with me growing. How'd ya end up convincing her?

OfflineShaggy420
Male

Re: outdoor grow preparation [Re: jkell]
    #498777 - 11/17/10 06:47 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

she was just worried about getting raided :lol: its only going to be 2 plants and a 250w hps in a wardrobe so no one will even know its there:smirk:

but im a bit paranoid about making a grow log :albundy:

--------------------

Invisibledrawde
    #498794 - 11/17/10 08:41 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Just get a grow or two under your belt then think about a log.
Your probably right about guerilla farming being a bad idea in the UK.
Good luck on your stealth grow! :thumbup:

--------------------
King Koopa said:
The amount of pot that Gask smokes is equivalent to a guy shooting heroin on weekends

OfflineShaggy420
Male

Re: outdoor grow preparation [Re: drawde]
    #498818 - 11/17/10 10:58 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

:awebig: thanks man.

--------------------

Offlinekln
Stranger
 User Gallery

#502361 - 12/01/10 04:44 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

choose a fast flowering strain, start the seeds indoors under some CFL's untill they are 1 or 2 months old, then move them outdoors.

You should choose your location at least 3 months before planting them on the ground

so

1.choose a location outdoors
2.dig the holes
3.prepare compost or whatever you want to use
4.start the seeds indoors
5.move them to your location and plant them on the holes you've digged

OfflineDJ_avocado
myco-botanist
 User Gallery

#516011 - 01/20/11 12:32 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

So how's the outdoor plan going?  I would figure you need a good water source so your not lugging a ton of water all the time...

I would suggest taking coco, those bricked up chunks kind, and mixing it in the ground.  Pots are a bitch, this season I'm putting them in the ground.

OfflineShaggy420
Male

Re: outdoor grow preparation [Re: DJ_avocado]
    #516189 - 01/20/11 01:42 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

im not too confident that our summer will produce much, but ive been thinking, if i can find a decent location i might just do an experimental outdor grow just to see how it goes.

id hate to spend months planning a grow, only to lose everything to mold or whatever.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck