Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinecritik
Closet Monsters!
Male User Gallery

Suggestions on what to add to my New grow setup/Other questions.
    #494643 - 11/03/10 10:48 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

So I changed up my setup in my closet a lot I got A 125 watt HydroFarm Light putting out 10000 Lumens Along with some reflective. Pretty much well I just made it look not so ghetto.

Now I want to know what should I add in there. I definitely Need something to bring the heat down. I plan on getting a fan I can mount to the wall. Also I plan on getting some reflective Mylar instead of this other stuff you see in the picture. And Also another one of the 125 watt lights there only 60 bucks and it comes with the hood and everything. But does anyone have and idea of how I can suck the heat out of there? Heres a picture of the setup. Just any suggestions on things to add that will contribute to a better growing environment.

Ignore the Clones But I have some Blue Cheese and Some bagseed in there only those 2 have came up so far and Another is currently popping out. But Here's my question I Put my Germinated seeds in these Root Riot cubes And well the tap root has came out of the bottom on the 2 that you see and where it comes out it is turning brown. IS this bad? Does it mean I should go ahead And transplant them in to pots? The cubes do not fit in the trays that you see its real loose Therefor I think The root is dying at the bottom because its going dry. So HELP ME PLZ.

--------------------

"you know, when you want something really bad and you close your eyes and you wish for it? God's the guy that ignores you"
"I got something that will fit in that hole... its right here in my pocket"
"Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?"

Edited by critik (11/03/10 10:49 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Suggestions on what to add to my New grow setup/Other questions. [Re: critik]
    #494648 - 11/03/10 11:02 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

As far as your reflective material goes, i would get rid of anything that resembles Mylar.  Mylar doesn't distribute the light it reflects evenly.  It creates hotspots of light.  Stick with blk/wht polyvinyl, also known as panda film.  and use the white side of it.

For your heat issue, to start you should upgrade to hoods that are vented.  This will help keep your lights running cooler and prolong the life of your bulbs as well.  If your not wanting to buy new hoods you could just buy a squirrel cage of inline fan and cut a hole in your ceiling and vent excess heat into your attic.

If the roots on your clones are dying you need to either keep them moist and not let them dry out, or just transplant them.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Offlinecritik
Closet Monsters!
Male User Gallery

Re: Suggestions on what to add to my New grow setup/Other questions. [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #494669 - 11/03/10 12:53 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Thx! Yea what you see in there is polyvinyl with the blackside. See another problem with getting new hoods is that I don't know if those bulbs will fit in anything else I think they were made for that hood. It all came together the hood +light. The light is like a giant cfl. I am feeling the inline fan thing with the whole in the ceiling tho. And as for the roots i mean its only starting to die were the root is actually out of the the cube ino inside the cube the root is fine.

--------------------

"you know, when you want something really bad and you close your eyes and you wish for it? God's the guy that ignores you"
"Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?"

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Suggestions on what to add to my New grow setup/Other questions. [Re: critik]
    #494692 - 11/03/10 01:34 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Then like I said, if the roots are turning brown, and that includes when they pop out of the cube, then they need to be kept moist or be transplanted.

I didn't realize you were using a large CFL setup.  You could look around for a hood that uses that type of bulb that's vented, although i have never seen one.  or go with HID.  Which I highly recommend.

What are your temps getting up to??  I bet if you just get a 4" inline fan you'll be just fine.

--------------------

-niteowl

Offlinecritik
Closet Monsters!
Male User Gallery

Re: Suggestions on what to add to my New grow setup/Other questions. [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #494699 - 11/03/10 02:01 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Alright I will figure something out to keep it moist. Are my seedlings in danger cause of this? Do you know of any good Hid light setups in mind?

--------------------

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #494709 - 11/03/10 02:44 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Dude, just transplant the seedlings.  That way they don't have to keep expending energy to throw more roots out when the others dry up.  Getting them into some dirt will allow them to start drawing up nutrients and which will allow them to get a better start.

little 250-400watt with a cool tube would work just right in your closet.  It will produce far better results.  You can go with an inline fan, they are more efficient, but much more expensive than a squirrel cage fan.  So if you want to upgrade your setup you should invest the money into new hood and light setup and then a cheaper fan.

I like the Sun System brand of ballasts and hoods, but any major brand will work.

--------------------

-niteowl

Offlinecritik
Closet Monsters!
Male User Gallery

#494716 - 11/03/10 03:10 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Alrighttttt I will danggg. Thanks for all the help Btw. I will look into a cool tube light setup. And maybe the squirrel cage fan.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds