Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleMR.HEADY
PorchMonkey
 User Gallery

Loc: Toothless acres . West Vi...
Autoflower fem seeds making question
    #492993 - 10/28/10 09:16 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

how would you make fem seeds from a autoflower. Ive read this..>>>it turns out that female autoflowering strains if let to grow past their flowering phase automatically grow pollensacks. presto! no need to stress a plant to herm, and you can collect fem pollen to produce feminized seeds. Can a trusted cultivator comment on this . Magash,Harry someone ?  Thanks

--------------------
[quote]FarBeyondDriven said:
Anybody ever tell you you're the result of a broken prophylactic in the back seat of a 74 Mercury?[/quote]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Loc: No where ville, USA Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Autoflower fem seeds making question [Re: MR.HEADY]
    #493016 - 10/28/10 09:48 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I found this for you.
Please read the whole thread, not just that post.
http://www.growery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/332355#332355

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #493025 - 10/28/10 10:29 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

No, you do not want to make feminized seeds this way. Waiting till the plant goes hermie promotes hermie seeds (I fight tooth and nail with Soma about this). Remember there is a difference between a plant that is hermie and a plant forced to make male flowers. (and stressing it isn't the way you do it) Soma's Rodelzation method is pure fucking stupidity. He has a huge amount of complaints about his feminized seeds to the point that many seed dealers won't even carry them.

When I make feminized seeds I stress the plants and the ones that show signs of male flowers are thrown out. The ones I can't get to go hermie are the ones I use to make male pollen from. With that method the rate of hermie seeds showing up in your feminized ones is less then 1.5% which is pretty much equal to regular seeds. As I said to somebody earlier today feminizing seeds doesn't happen naturally in nature so sometimes in order to make the plant do something un-natural to it un-natural methods have to be used. Feminizing seeds is one of them.

Making feminized seeds in autoflowers is done the same way it's done with regular plants. (when done properly it's done with sts treatments)

InvisibleMR.HEADY
PorchMonkey
 User Gallery

Loc: Toothless acres . West Vi...
Re: Autoflower fem seeds making question [Re: Magash]
    #493026 - 10/28/10 10:30 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

ok thanks both of you. And i have the stuff for the sts i just wasnt sure if it was the same thanks..

--------------------
[quote]FarBeyondDriven said:
Anybody ever tell you you're the result of a broken prophylactic in the back seat of a 74 Mercury?[/quote]

Invisibledutchmushroom
Gratefuly Dead
Male

Loc: Dodge
    #493127 - 10/29/10 10:30 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

In your experience Magash is it worth it to fem seeds?

--------------------
"Comes a time when the blind man takes your hand says: don't you see? Gotta make it some how, on the dreams you still believe, Don't give it up, you've got an empty cup, only love can fill, only love can fill"

"The bus came by and I got on, and thats when it all began"

250w Digital HPS Growlight kit, ballast/lightbulb/reflector +Organic Botanicare Pure Blend Pro nutes Sale or Trade

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Autoflower fem seeds making question [Re: dutchmushroom]
    #493157 - 10/29/10 12:11 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Yes very much so.

Their great for new growers who have no exp sexing plants and want to use the space they have fully without loosing plants as they turn male. They are also more uniform in growth then plants from regular seeds.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Invisibledutchmushroom
Gratefuly Dead
Male

#493238 - 10/29/10 04:00 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Thanks magash! helpful as always

--------------------
"Comes a time when the blind man takes your hand says: don't you see? Gotta make it some how, on the dreams you still believe, Don't give it up, you've got an empty cup, only love can fill, only love can fill"

250w Digital HPS Growlight kit, ballast/lightbulb/reflector +Organic Botanicare Pure Blend Pro nutes Sale or Trade

Offlinethe man

Re: Autoflower fem seeds making question [Re: dutchmushroom]
    #493486 - 10/30/10 01:08 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

plus its good if you want to save a special mother or want a clone only strain :smile: although not as good as clone but ya get the idea.

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Autoflower fem seeds making question [Re: the man]
    #493604 - 10/30/10 07:55 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

There also good for say your moving and you want to take that clone only strain with ya. Now you can make some feminized seeds and pretty much have the strain when you need it even if you can't get started for a bit. :wink:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Invisiblemaryanne3087
Stranger
Trusted Cultivator
    #493701 - 10/31/10 01:48 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Magash said:
Yes very much so.

Their great for new growers who have no exp sexing plants and want to use the space they have fully without loosing plants as they turn male. They are also more uniform in growth then plants from regular seeds.

They're great for the outdoors to get earlier finishers in Canada and such too!

Invisibledutchmushroom
Gratefuly Dead
Male

#493739 - 10/31/10 05:27 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Magash said:
There also good for say your moving and you want to take that clone only strain with ya. Now you can make some feminized seeds and pretty much have the strain when you need it even if you can't get started for a bit. :wink:

Wise Word Magash! +5 :thumbup:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale