Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinehippielauren
Quiet Mouse
Female

Loc: down south Flag
tell me your ghost stories
    #490660 - 10/23/10 07:46 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

This is not a thread to debate whether ghosts are real. I just thought since it was getting closer to Halloween it would be appropriate to do a scary theme :smile:

one time at my moms old apartment, me, my current hubby, and my family were sitting around watching some movies. All of a sudden the temp drops dramatically and its freezing cold. I go to turn up the heat and realize that the thermostat is at 60.
WTF i was thinking to myself. I go back to sit and finish the movie and all of a sudden a pie pan comes flying out of the kitchen. We all scream and duck. At this point everyone scared out of their minds. The dogs go ballistic but wont step one paw into the kitchen. We make sure everyone is accounted for and then proceed to investigate. The kitchen seemed to have an almost static charge.
I think that night we all slept together lol

This was just the beginning to the haunting of that old apt.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineCosmicFool
Psychoholic
 User Gallery

Loc: 203 Flag
Re: tell me your ghost stories [Re: hippielauren]
    #490661 - 10/23/10 07:52 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

When I was quite young me and my family moved in to this house.
The house was old enough to have a dirt basement and a pretty extensive renovation had to take place and when we tore apart the walls we found and Ouija board (and not one of those parker brothers pos)

I would have reoccurring visions of this girl bleeding and see shadows that looked like a man holding a knife

--------------------

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Loc: Bumfuckt Egypt
    #490663 - 10/23/10 08:00 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I've got 2 pretty cool ones.

I was at my ex girlfriends house, and I saw some dude running full speed down the road infront of her house. I didn't think much of it, but he never came out  on the other side of the window. The only thing inbetween where the windows were was a patch of woods, so I couldn't figure out why he'd go there. I casually mentioned it to her, and she said "yeah, its that ghost guy". And as soon as she said it, I remembered that there was indeed a ghost story about the T of her road and the road he was on. He hung himself in his house, and it burned down mysteriously (abandoned) a few years later. She had told me long before this about him running, but I had forgotten all about it haha. I think I saw him one more time, really late at night when I was walking down her road. Someone came up out of the dark smoking a cigarette, and was gone when I turned to look again.

Nowwwww, the other one I was at this Reggae Fest thing. It was a huge castle or something. I guess Teddy Roosevelts family is all buried in the grave yard there. We were walking down a trail to this graveyard, and there was a guy dressed all in white waaaay up in the graveyard. I noticed him because I was smoking, and trying to be kinda sneaky. When we got up to the graveyard, there was nobody there. The path we were on was raised up (like a rail-road track...up on a hill). The only place he could have went was off a cliff (more or less) into the woods. He would have had to walk past us, or go off a cliff. :shrug:

Also - there was a house behind the fire station in my town that my buddys sister used to live in. Crazy shit would always happen in there. Their INDOOR cats would always go missing and never come back. Shit would fly out of drawers. His brother-in-law saw a little girl in reflections all the time.

They moved out, and it was condemned. I remember the door being kicked in for months and months, and nobody ever went in. Normally, I would go in an abandoned house if the door was just hanging open, but nope. I just couldn't do it. Then, it burned to the ground (and it was right behind the fire departments building...)

--------------------
Of course it's happening inside your head.
Why should that mean it isn't real?

Offlinehippielauren
Quiet Mouse
Female

Re: tell me your ghost stories [Re: RasJeph]
    #490664 - 10/23/10 08:09 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

sounds creepy.
Heres another one same apt.
My family was sleeping (i wasnt there at the time) and its was about 3 a.m.
The window bursts open and my mom said she felt someone jump on her bed, run across it, jump onto the floor, run into my siblings rooms turning on all the radios full blast, and then run out of the kitchen.....My mom lives on the top floor and with screens on the windows. No door leads out of the kitchen so where the fuck did it go?
The dogs once again are freaking out but wont go into the kitchen. Thwy would just stand there with their hackles raised,and growling and snarling loudly.
Scared all my sibs half to death.
Needless to say we did not stay there much longer.

--------------------

OfflineCosmicFool
Psychoholic
 User Gallery

#490667 - 10/23/10 08:27 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

while growing up (same house as above) there was a 2 story house across the street.
The house was rented out a bunch of times but nobody would live in it for very long and I would hear stories of the gas/water/electricity turning itself on and off at random.

Finally the house went abandoned for several years so me and my friend decide to break in (later I smoked for my first time in the house)
Inside the floor plan makes no sense from the outside it's a 2 story house but inside there are like 5 stories (House of Leaves anyone) so we are a little lost when we get pushed into this room and the door closed behind us. We find a platter laid out on the floor with bones and feathers scattered around like something was eating them. We are a little freaked and start looking for the exit when we walk into this white room, now the house has been abandoned and is basically falling down but this room was spotless and looked freshly painted but covering the walls were blood red hand prints.

--------------------

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Re: tell me your ghost stories [Re: CosmicFool]
    #490670 - 10/23/10 08:30 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Fuckin creeeeeeeeeepy man.

I tried to read House of Leaves but never got through it. I really feel like I should finish it though.

--------------------

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

#490672 - 10/23/10 08:31 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

My version of a scary ghost story.

One day I thought my wife left me and I was hurt. Then she came back and I was devastated.  :evil:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflineShaggy420
Male

Re: tell me your ghost stories [Re: Magash]
    #490675 - 10/23/10 08:36 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

im the only one who dosnt have a ghost story:sad:

--------------------

:Awemush::happyweed::fasted::happyweed::Awemush:

http://www.clear-uk.org/

Offlinehippielauren
Quiet Mouse
Female

Re: tell me your ghost stories [Re: Shaggy420]
    #490685 - 10/23/10 08:57 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

:frown: make one up. i love a good story

--------------------

OfflineLucid
Monster Plant Creator
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada-ish. Flag
    #490774 - 10/23/10 01:25 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

When I was 16 and use to smoke cigs at night so my parents wouldent know. I would walk down my road, I live in an area where its dead silent at night, So I'm walking down the road its 2am. I hear what sounds like somebody pounding railroad ties with a sledge hammer. But its coming from my house area...... its really really loud, and there is nobody else in the area. Overcast night so its pitch black, Im standing in the middle of the road, All the sudden i hear what sounds like about 10 people sprinting down the road AT ME. But I cant see shit, So I turn and run for a few seconds then stop. Dead silent again.....I walk back down the road, nothing there....I go back home and my dad is awake outside on the porch. I ask him if he heard the pounding sound, He had no idea what I was talking about. Still to this day have no idea what that pounding sound was.:shrug:

InvisibleiStoner
Astral Beast
Male

Re: tell me your ghost stories [Re: Shaggy420]
    #490868 - 10/23/10 08:57 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

TrippyStoner420 said:
im the only one who dosnt have a ghost story:sad:

--------------------

OfflineSkatealex2
Stranger

Re: tell me your ghost stories [Re: iStoner]
    #490949 - 10/24/10 02:16 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

A girl i know who lives about an hour away from me seems to have some weird things going on in her house.  I actually slept there last night and heard some footsteps at night- her and my other friend both said they were sleeping the whole time.  The other friend who stayed there is a longtime friend of mine.

Anyway, the girl who lives there said shes had a couple of occurences with this thing, but the most interesting one ive heard was when my friend was staying by her house a couple months ago and during the night he woke up at one point and saw the door slowly open up fully.  It didnt hit him till the next day what had happened.  You also have to understand that there were no windows open and not even any that are near the room that would be able to blow the door open, plus the door in that room is very heavy and strong.

They also once saw two shadows moving across the kitchen on the walls and she says she hears weird noises in her house all the time.

On top of that we actually saw paranormal activity 2 tonight but lucky for her my friend is there.  Its pretty crazy to me that i  heard some footsteps walking around upstairs during the one night i was there. :crazy:

Edited by Skatealex2 (10/24/10 02:18 AM)

InvisibleiStoner
Astral Beast
Male

Re: tell me your ghost stories [Re: Skatealex2]
    #490954 - 10/24/10 06:26 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

oh shit i totaly forgot about this, i was thinking more along the lines of me personaly, but at one of my best friend/his families house has a ghost. Ive seen orbs shoot across the room before.  Anyway, a long time ago before he had moved in a girl on the street had been raped and killed. So we think that this ghost is her. They've heard a girls voice talking in the room when they are asleep, whispering to them. and also they've seen her standing on the bed watching them. even getting into bed and touching them, and my friend has had a toy thrown at him, which didnt belong to anyone in the family.

--------------------

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Re: tell me your ghost stories [Re: iStoner]
    #490958 - 10/24/10 07:28 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Fuck. Thank god my mom peaced out and left me the house I've always lived in. That was my biggest fear of finding an apartment. Having the fucker be haunted. :mad2:

My house was actually built near an Indian burial ground, but not over it thankfully. I've only ever had weird shit happen here a few times.

Once there was a crazy sensation like a cellphone vibrating...but it was before I had a cellphone. And, it wasn't really in a specific area, more the air around me. I felt it in my chest. It was odd, but I didn't say anything. Then it happened again when a good buddy of mine was over, we both felt it.

I feel the ground around me shake quite a bit too, like a little earthquake. I live in a state where theres an earthquake every 10 years or so, and none of my neighbors ever feel it.

We have a China cabinet thing with plates and junk in it. Sometimes I hear something wobbling in there like you're walking around (the vibrations on the floor shakes stuff in there) but nobody is walking. It just goes and goes and goes and I can't figure out wtf its doing.

Now I'm creeped out :facepalm::tinfoil:

--------------------

OfflineShaggy420
Male

#490972 - 10/24/10 09:33 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

:rofl:

ghosts dont scare me, im just shit scared of spiders.

--------------------

:Awemush::happyweed::fasted::happyweed::Awemush:

http://www.clear-uk.org/

OfflineFisherman
Stranger

#490992 - 10/24/10 09:55 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I once walked down my stairs and suddenly, I saw a big black cloud of matter in front of me, and right awterwards a friend tells me he once saw one of those in a castle, without me telling him about it, very mystical :o

I also talked to what I believe is the same ghost and asked if it could show me something, and I was put into a trance like state where I had some weird sensations and then popped out of it. far out man.

Once in a while when walking the streets I've also seen shadows or real figures pop out and then dissapear right away. It's kinda interesting, with this other dimensional layer all around us, being so damned weird.

I find the whole thing, as mentioned before, weird.

OfflineCosmicFool
Psychoholic
 User Gallery

Re: tell me your ghost stories [Re: Fisherman]
    #490999 - 10/24/10 10:09 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I have an abandoned insane asylum 10mins from my house.
Back in high school me and some friends (who are now actual ghost hunters) broke in and explored the place on multiple occasions
we have photos of people standing in the hallways and orbs floating around the outside of the building

Quote:

Back in the early 1900`s till the 30`s and 40`s near the XXXXXXXXXX Institution there was a sanatorium made for sick children with diseases like rubella, mumps, German measles etc. Most of the children were brought there to die. The old brick building still stands near the old institution. Residents say that they can hear children crying and laughing. They are seen in the windows but only to vanish before you. XXXXXXXXXX is now an abandoned building that is host to many different sightings. Reports of hearing former patients running around corners and down hallways to escape orderlies, and faint screams being heard form rooms where shock therapy was supposedly administered. Also sightings of a former patient who was murdered by a group of other patients with plastic utensils from the commissary walk the old courtyard.

--------------------

InvisibleMR.HEADY
PorchMonkey
 User Gallery

Loc: Toothless acres . West Vi...
    #491007 - 10/24/10 10:20 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

CosmicFool said:
I have an abandoned insane asylum 10mins from my house.
Back in high school me and some friends (who are now actual ghost hunters) broke in and explored the place on multiple occasions
we have photos of people standing in the hallways and orbs floating around the outside of the building

Quote:

Back in the early 1900`s till the 30`s and 40`s near the XXXXXXXXXX Institution there was a sanatorium made for sick children with diseases like rubella, mumps, German measles etc. Most of the children were brought there to die. The old brick building still stands near the old institution. Residents say that they can hear children crying and laughing. They are seen in the windows but only to vanish before you. XXXXXXXXXX is now an abandoned building that is host to many different sightings. Reports of hearing former patients running around corners and down hallways to escape orderlies, and faint screams being heard form rooms where shock therapy was supposedly administered. Also sightings of a former patient who was murdered by a group of other patients with plastic utensils from the commissary walk the old courtyard.

POST PICS

--------------------
[quote]FarBeyondDriven said:
Anybody ever tell you you're the result of a broken prophylactic in the back seat of a 74 Mercury?[/quote]

OfflineCosmicFool
Psychoholic
 User Gallery

Re: tell me your ghost stories [Re: MR.HEADY]
    #491022 - 10/24/10 10:40 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

lets me rephrase...
I went with a camera and every picture taken on the institutes grounds failed to develop but the rest of the photos did
My Friends have some pictures of people standing in the hallways
I do have a group of friends that are now ghost hunters, they have a website that that has pictures and video but I rather not give out the like because it can be traced back very close to me if not directly to me

--------------------

OfflineLucid
Monster Plant Creator
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada-ish. Flag
Re: tell me your ghost stories [Re: MR.HEADY]
    #491028 - 10/24/10 10:57 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

can you save some of the pics from the website and post here?

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom