Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineHerbsman
Stranger

Loc: Flag
Help needed, is this plant near harvest?
    #489675 - 10/20/10 04:46 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Pictures

--------------------
"When you smoke the herb, it reveals you to yourself" Bob Marley.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Loc: State of Mind Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Help needed, is this plant near harvest? [Re: Herbsman]
    #489714 - 10/20/10 10:16 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Holy shit that thing has trich's out to the end of the leaves!
Looks like its ready.
Get a jeweler's loupe or microscope and check the trichome color...at about 10-15% amber trichomes you can harvest.

My only hesitation is that there doesn't seem to be very much actual flower to the plant; maybe its just the leaves hiding them though :shrug:

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

BlueBerry_Swisher said:I want French fries. No, I want a penis French. Thank you. I'm so excited. I can not contain myself. Now I eat chocolate. It is so good. I'm trying to rub it all over myself. And then lick. Now I need a hot shower. The end.

OfflineGreenHorn
Stranger

Re: Help needed, is this plant near harvest? [Re: Herbsman]
    #489715 - 10/20/10 10:28 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

first off those buds look nice and frosty. Good for you :thumbup: your pistils have pretty much all changed color which is a good sign of maturing buds. The real question is how are your trichomes looking? are they clear? are the cloudy? are they amber? this is how you should decide on when to harvest your bud. it truly is a matter of personal taste though when it all comes down to it. when your trics are clear it means that your bud is still in its developmental phase and still needs a little more time before it is at its peak of genetic potency. take a really close look when 50% of your trics are a cloudy milky color then you know that you have reached the point of peak potency. the thc in your buds will Begin to deteriorate after this point. Do not be alarmed though because potency levels Will not drop drastically. if you so chose to wait a bit longer then than is alright to. just wait until your trics are about 50/50 cloudy and amber. this will allow for more of a balanced "High" giving you a slight couchlock while still leaving you awake enough to function somewhat in the world. it all comes down to personal taste. it goes like this.

50% cloudy trics = Head high
50/50 cloudy/amber= couch lock

although keep in mind that these effects also vary deeply depending on what genetics you are working with. the cannabis sativa strain IMO should be harvested when trics are 50% cloudy to truly be able to take advantage of its "Upper" vibes. While the cannabis indica strains may only vary slightly when it comes to harvesting time because of their notorious nature to provide a wonderful couchlock vibe. cannabis ruderalis genetics i am not familiar with so i can not speak to such effects if those happen to be the genetics of this bud.

Happy harvests
    ~GreenHorn~

--------------------
~Medical Grower~

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Loc: State of Mind Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Help needed, is this plant near harvest? [Re: GreenHorn]
    #489719 - 10/20/10 10:37 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

GreenHorn said:

50% cloudy trics = Head high
50/50 cloudy/amber= couch lock

Um...it looks like your saying that at 50/50 you get a head high, and at 50/50 you get couch lock. :lol:

I believe your trying to say that at 50% cloudy/50% clear you get more head high, but I wouldn't ever harvest before seeing at least 10% amber trichs...at that stage of development the plant is not mature.

Still, welcome to the growery.

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

BlueBerry_Swisher said:I want French fries. No, I want a penis French. Thank you. I'm so excited. I can not contain myself. Now I eat chocolate. It is so good. I'm trying to rub it all over myself. And then lick. Now I need a hot shower. The end.

InvisibleMR.HEADY
PorchMonkey
 User Gallery

Loc: Toothless acres . West Vi...
Re: Help needed, is this plant near harvest? [Re: 81renaissance]
    #489720 - 10/20/10 10:40 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

looks very nice. Doesnt seem to have much of a flower tho?

--------------------
[quote]FarBeyondDriven said:
Anybody ever tell you you're the result of a broken prophylactic in the back seat of a 74 Mercury?[/quote]

OfflineGreenHorn
Stranger

Re: Help needed, is this plant near harvest? [Re: MR.HEADY]
    #489735 - 10/20/10 11:37 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

like a said it all comes down to personal preference. At the point you speak of when the trics are 10% amber the THC levels in your buds has already begun deteriorating. which is fine so long as you want MORE buds and less bang bang. all of my knowledge comes from the books a have read and very mild experiences with growing. if you were to do a quick search on the internet about THC degrading then im sure you would see that there are many out there who share the same view. Although many dont and that is for all to decide for themselves. We are all free minded being and we all need our own unique medications. Thank you for the welcome and dont take my posting as being arrogant i just know what i have read and found to be true. Everyone has found there own style and techniques i prefer to do things by the book.

--------------------
~Medical Grower~

OfflineHerbsman
Stranger

Loc: Flag
Re: Help needed, is this plant near harvest? [Re: GreenHorn]
    #489806 - 10/20/10 02:52 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

the plant has done well considering how little care its had. Ive been away twice this year, 2 weeks in august and a week in september, didnt get any water then.

the buds on the plant dont look very compacted, is this a bad sign?

--------------------
"When you smoke the herb, it reveals you to yourself" Bob Marley.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder