Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinetreefer
ganja smuggler
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
help please! my biggest girl looks really bad, looks like she could be dyin
    #479880 - 09/20/10 07:35 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Edit: I made this last night, i checked on her today and she is looking even worse. all of the lower budsites are very wilted and droopy, it really looks like a plant that is dying, except everything is still green. I feel like i am going to vomit and then go sit in a corner.

I think i may know what the problem was, i just drained the rez and now i am flushing her, some fucking how the ph dropped down to 4.5, my ph meter must be fucked up or something, and the ppm in my rez was so high that my ppm meter couldnt even register it.
it has just been adding up every time i add nutes i guess.

FUCK! What is wrong with my baby girl! She was doing perfect two days ago, now her leaves are droopin in various places, and the lower budsites are wiltin too.
idk whats going on!
She grew close to the light and some budsites got mildly burnt, one was kind of severe so i cut it off.  Also i trimmed off the leaves that had damage, and i tied it all down away from the light yesterday. Any ideas why shes looking like this?  Ph was waaaayy off, all the way down at 4.5 FUCK! One of my micro nutes must drastically lower the ph.

Edited by treefer (09/20/10 08:23 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Loc: State of Mind Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: help please! my biggest girl looks really bad, looks like she could be dyin [Re: treefer]
    #479918 - 09/20/10 10:57 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

What a mess.
Well it seems that you've answered your own question, now all you can do is see if she'll pull through.
TBH she looks pretty far gone; did you take any cuttings?

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

BlueBerry_Swisher said:I want French fries. No, I want a penis French. Thank you. I'm so excited. I can not contain myself. Now I eat chocolate. It is so good. I'm trying to rub it all over myself. And then lick. Now I need a hot shower. The end.

Offlinetreefer
ganja smuggler
 User Gallery

Re: help please! my biggest girl looks really bad, looks like she could be dyin [Re: 81renaissance]
    #479948 - 09/20/10 03:17 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

no i was just about to yesterday, then this happened. You know whats weird tho, is ther is another plant in the same hydro tank, and it is doing just fine. Could it be possible that my airstone got unplugged somehow, would that cause that to happen?

--------------------
Free Your Mind.

Offlinetreefer
ganja smuggler
 User Gallery

Re: help please! my biggest girl looks really bad, looks like she could be dyin [Re: treefer]
    #479950 - 09/20/10 03:29 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

i wish you would have closed this thread not the other one, cuz i was gettin more responses and people were helping over there.

--------------------
Free Your Mind.

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Loc: State of Mind Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #479958 - 09/20/10 03:39 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I'm sorry man.  This really is the appropriate forum for your question, and I left a marker so people could find this thread.

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

BlueBerry_Swisher said:I want French fries. No, I want a penis French. Thank you. I'm so excited. I can not contain myself. Now I eat chocolate. It is so good. I'm trying to rub it all over myself. And then lick. Now I need a hot shower. The end.

Offlinekickin-two-hundo
|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅| ♪♫♪♫♪♫
Male User Gallery

Loc: afghanistan
Re: help please! my biggest girl looks really bad, looks like she could be dyin [Re: 81renaissance]
    #480044 - 09/20/10 06:10 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Come on growery help the man

--------------------
The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.

anything and everything i post on here is completely fictional and come straight from the deepest depths of the black hole which is my mind.

Edited by kickin-two-hundo (09/20/10 10:46 PM)

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: help please! my biggest girl looks really bad, looks like she could be dyin [Re: kickin-two-hundo]
    #480066 - 09/20/10 06:49 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

what nutes are you using? if it's earth juice then that answers your question right there.

--------------------

Offlinekickin-two-hundo
Male User Gallery

Re: help please! my biggest girl looks really bad, looks like she could be dyin [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #480071 - 09/20/10 06:54 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

ya

--------------------

anything and everything i post on here is completely fictional and come straight from the deepest depths of the black hole which is my mind.

Edited by kickin-two-hundo (09/20/10 10:47 PM)

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #480074 - 09/20/10 06:58 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

treefer said:
One of my micro nutes must drastically lower the ph.

then what does that mean?

--------------------

Offlinekickin-two-hundo
Male User Gallery

Re: help please! my biggest girl looks really bad, looks like she could be dyin [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #480079 - 09/20/10 07:10 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

shuck-'em-up

--------------------

Edited by kickin-two-hundo (09/20/10 10:48 PM)

Offlinekickin-two-hundo
Male User Gallery

Re: help please! my biggest girl looks really bad, looks like she could be dyin [Re: kickin-two-hundo]
    #480081 - 09/20/10 07:11 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

grover

--------------------

Edited by kickin-two-hundo (09/20/10 10:48 PM)

Invisiblemaryanne3087
Stranger
Trusted Cultivator
    #480094 - 09/20/10 07:52 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Harry_Ba11sach said:
what nutes are you using? if it's earth juice then that answers your question right there.

I don't think it matters if his ppm meter can't measure that high. He probably gave his plants 8000 ppms of pH 4 death, all his nutrients are locked up, all the roothairs are probably done in which is likely what is causing the massively drooping leaves.

Your only hope, and I doubt you have any. Is to Flush the shit out of your plants. I hear good things about Advanced Nutrients Revive and they have a 100% satisfaction guarantee so it's probably worth a shot. I don't know how anything but a good flush has any chance of saving this crop though.

Offlinetreefer
ganja smuggler
 User Gallery

Re: help please! my biggest girl looks really bad, looks like she could be dyin [Re: maryanne3087]
    #480117 - 09/20/10 08:42 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

all the roothairs are probably done

What do you mean by that?
I cut off a portion of the light seal on it to look at the roots, and they still look really healthy, white and they look normal..;the 10 gallon tank is about 75% roots. There is another plant, same size, different strain that is in the SAME hydro tank, and she is still doing fine its so weird, well i can tell she is a little nutrient burnt, but not like the other one.

man.. do you really think its that bad maryanne? phew, its just started looking like that like at most yesterday, it could have started during the previous night, idk.  The top colas still look okay though, leaves are not wilted, but their burnt some though. pretty dank lookin buds tho! real sparkly for only 20 days on 12/12. 

I have already flushed her 2 times with r/o water, the first time using clearex, the second time plain, and then fillled it up one more time with a 15% nute solution.  I will do one more flush with the r/o water tomorrow when i get the revive.
I'm going to pick some up from my hydro store tomorrow and pray that it works. Fuck i can't believe this shit just happened all of a sudden out of nowhere, why wouldn't it happen sooner, unless the last res change i gave it was just super low ph somehow..

--------------------
Free Your Mind.

Offlinetreefer
ganja smuggler
 User Gallery

#480121 - 09/20/10 08:56 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

heres what its looking like after the 2 flushes, and then the weak nute solution, and the extra airston. its been like 3 hours give or take a few. idk..

the very bottem is super murked, they will probably all be trimmed off within 2 days if they keep getting worse, and just used for hash material.

Then the middle part, the leaves are very droopy, and some are nute burnt.

and then the top part, quite burnt :facepalm:, but at least its not too droopy

--------------------
Free Your Mind.

Invisiblemaryanne3087
Stranger
Trusted Cultivator
    #480123 - 09/20/10 08:59 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Roothairs are the hair or filament like structures attached to the epidermis or outermost portion of your roots also known as the rhizodermis. Their prime attribute is absorbing water and minerals. Unfortunately for you, the rhizodermis and especially the root hairs are of the most sensitive parts of a plants root system. They're made of very sensitive and fragile cells. They are IMO the most sensitive part of the plant or the part most effective by nutrient toxicity.

Sometimes when you transplant to a larger container, or especially when you transplant from DWC or mediumless hydro to soilless/soil you will notice that the plants go through severe tranplant shock, this is because the roothairs are damaged, they either take some time to recover or don't recover at all. When you transplant however, you're only damaging the roothairs you physically touch or disturb, when your roots are submerged in nutrient solution and given a bath in death, all of them will be affected.

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #480124 - 09/20/10 09:04 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

it has just been adding up every time i add nutes i guess.

Remember plants will use water 10 times faster then the nutrients so as they use up water the ph drops and the ppm goes up let alone if your adding to it.

1st the other plant is a different strain and different strains can take a different amount of abuse. My strain Man Eater is a pig shit she can handle easily will fry my Sweet 16 to the point of being crisp.

The roots may be fried and you won't be able to tell by the color. (Well not now but in a few days you will)

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Invisiblemaryanne3087
Stranger
Trusted Cultivator
Re: help please! my biggest girl looks really bad, looks like she could be dyin [Re: maryanne3087]
    #480125 - 09/20/10 09:05 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Do you think it's possible that when you changed or topped off your nutrients that you added a very hot dose? I know someone who runs R-DWC (not personally, thank god he's a walking garden curse) who as far as he can gather figured out what concentration he was supposed to top off with, either used far too little water, or added an extra zero to some measurement. He ended up with pH 4, 4000+ppm nutrients but caught it after a single feeding.

Offlinekickin-two-hundo
Male User Gallery

#480129 - 09/20/10 09:15 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

:facepalm:

--------------------

Edited by kickin-two-hundo (09/20/10 10:49 PM)

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #480136 - 09/20/10 09:26 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

ya know, the whole point of having a grow puppet is so that people don't know you grow on your original account. Constantly switching back and forth between them in the same thread really defeats the purpose.

--------------------

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #480137 - 09/20/10 09:28 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Here is a lazy mans way to do the nutrients (not as lazy as your way but lazy)

Say you have a 10 gallon res. Now say the nutrient solution goes down 2 gallons a week. First you add the two gallons of water, check the ppm and bring it up to good levels and raise the ph.

Now in 5 weeks you should have replaced all of the original nutrient solution with top offs. This is the time to replace all of the nutrient solution and start the cycle over again.

:potleaf:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale