Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineDudeTron
 User Gallery

DT's medical outdoor 2010 - Island Sweet Skunk and Bagseed
    #448619 - 07/20/10 01:02 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

So I've got a handful of plants out there this summer... a couple clones from my last run, the island sweet skunk from the local club and a clone from a buddy on his bagseed run (#6).

So here's a little history:
  Here they are on 3/26.  GodBud on the left, sativa girl on the right...

4/18 ... mutant twins in the middle

I really neglected them during the month of may and they never really grew at all... I put them in my greenhouse on 6/1.

Here they are today 7/19:

^Bag-sativa  ^Godbud

BC God Bud: 

Sativa-leaning bagseed: 

"#6" Bagseed:

Island sweet skunk:

Mutant Twins:

I still feed with foxfarms nutes.  I know they're crying for more N but I just can't seem to give them enough.  I'm not used to feeding such huge plants and haven't really given them a giant dose yet.  I've been feeding about 2 tsp per gal of GrowBig and 1tblsp per gal BigBloom.  They're on well water here which is a beautiful 6.7 PH and about 30ppm.  My shitty TDS meter tends to read about 650ppm on my nute water.  I know it's time to try getting it up to 1000 or so, right?

Also what do you guys think about a bigger container for these plants?  I think they're in 5 gal containers, maybe 6 or 7 gal... But moisture control is doing pretty good, I'm watering about every other day in the blistering heat, which might be reasonable.. maybe not, what do you guys think?

Anyway, I'm getting excited... This is gonna be a big ol stinky patch of sweet ass buds here in a couple months..

Questions comments etc bring em on.. I'm back and I'll be updating at least once a week now that I've moved from an apartment in the city to a sweet pad out in the sticks..  ALSO since I got my medical recommendation here in the state of Washington I feel SO much better... Plus the edibles at the club kick ass and we'll be seeing some really great clones this fall when I get setup in the garage!!!! Can't wait....

Grow on dudes
~DT

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDungenessDank
Lord of the Flies

Loc: PNW
Re: DT's medical outdoor 2010 [Re: DudeTron]
    #449090 - 07/20/10 11:23 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

I'd transplant into the ground, but I'm just root obsessed like that like that.

OfflineDudeTron
 User Gallery

Re: DT's medical outdoor 2010 [Re: DungenessDank]
    #449114 - 07/21/10 01:55 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah I thought about it a couple times...  But I've got a 5X10 greenhouse in the yard that I want to take advantage of this fall... I have a feeling being able to control my moisture will nice... 

Honestly though I've never grown outdoor or even read much about it so any advice is much appreciated

OfflineDungenessDank
Lord of the Flies

Loc: PNW
    #449169 - 07/21/10 09:42 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Well hell yeah, if you can fit them all in there they will greatly benefit from not being completely drenched all fall.

The sativa's will need the greenouse to finish all the way IME, and the Indica's  will benefit greatly from not being water-logged and help keep the mold off the buds till harvest.

OfflinePsuper
حشيش حشّاشين
 User Gallery

Loc: Left Coast
Re: DT's medical outdoor 2010 [Re: DungenessDank]
    #449275 - 07/21/10 12:30 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks for sharing the mutant pics.  I've seen stranger in person, but those are still funny lookin'. ~P~

--------------------
Shroomery.org

OfflineDudeTron
 User Gallery

Re: DT's medical outdoor 2010 [Re: Psuper]
    #467620 - 08/26/10 05:51 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Wow, better late than never...  Been working too much I guess.  Been planning a 600w 4'x4' closet in my garage though that's got me excited again.  Outdoor still feels a little too uncontrolled for me.  I just want masterpiece buds, but the elements just don't always cooperate.

Anyway, they're doing pretty good though, aside from a moderate case of spider mites... :grrr:
  The weather's been pretty favorable though with long humid mornings to keep them at bay, with lots of good afternoon sun for the girls.  I just picked up some mite spray (EndAll) that I'll be trying this week.  I did give them one treatment of a .05% seasame oil insecticide from home depot though (I know, :facepalm::)

Also got some other goodies... Some more Big Bloom, but this time with some Benefox beneficial bacteria soil amendment... Hopefully it smooths out some of the gaps in my feedings and provides a better balance so I'm not always playing catch up.

I'm really holding out on putting them in the greenhouse until it gets a little cooler.  I'm worried about watering. I should've had them in bigger pots.  Really just didn't know how long the season would be, and they just kept growing.  Also ,some of the more blatent ugliness in the pics (like poor tall bagseed missing so many lower leaves) displays a bit of salt-buildup issues and they were recently flushed with Clearex. 

Anyway:

I'll post more as it gets exciting and continue to put together my new indoor space... :evil2:

~DT

Edit: Oh yeah, the Muties got the chop....  They had a pretty gnarly case of mold in their core.  Saved like 4 grams of presentable smoke, and threw the rest on the dehydrator which I'll hopefully make some edibles out of one of these days...  Guess that's the way it ends when you have a plant that flowers for like 6 months.  What I did get is fuckin killer though...

Edited by DudeTron (08/26/10 05:54 AM)

OfflineDudeTron
 User Gallery

#470127 - 08/30/10 09:11 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Thought I'd add a couple more pics cause the tall one just exploded and has started budding pretty hard now... It only looks like it did indoors at like 2-3 weeks though... does it seem like my plants are a little behind?  Oh well they're going in the greenhouse probably this weekend..

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Star Flag
    #471086 - 09/01/10 11:57 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Looking nice and healthy!  I would give them a dose of 50/50 veg and bloom though, they could still use a bit of N.  You won't regret it.

BTW nice Basil plant, and is that small black pot filled with a bunch of cannabis seedlings?!?!  Looks like about 50 in one 4 inch pot LOL.

I think ISS has a decent amount of Sativa bred into it so I hope you live below 45 degrees latitude if you plan to finish it on time, that is unless your GH is heated then I'm just a dumbass and you have it all under control.  :tongue:

Keep up the good work Dude.

--------------------
Don't criticize what you can't understand

OfflineDudeTron
 User Gallery

Re: DT's medical outdoor 2010 [Re: Inverted]
    #471568 - 09/02/10 10:48 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah I;m kinda sad to kick my peppers and tomatoes out of the greenhouse real estate, but I think I've got my priorities strait.  Actually I need to do a little more reading about the whole greenhouse thing.  Do I really need a heater in there?  I know we've got one, but I expected it to just stay warm enough from the day.  Or are you just saying that the ISS is really going to go forever?

Thanks for the N advice too man... I'm always worried about stunting flowering with too much... Is that actually hard to do?

Yeah man, the basil is beastly... I can't chop it back fast enough.  The other thing is lemon balm I think?  It's a reject thing I just keep watering for some reason.  Unfortunately the season's been extremely mild though and my tomatoes and stuff are JUST starting to ripen. 
Anyway thanks for stopping by man, your trees are fucking insane and put my shrubs to shame.  How're you going to dry and cure all that stuff?

OfflineDudeTron
 User Gallery

#477913 - 09/15/10 11:18 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Just a couple quick pics of the girls in their new home...

From within the greenhouse left to right:  "The lanky one",  ISS, God Bud... There's also a foot tall god bud cutting that's flowering and the '#6' in between ISS and god that didn't get photographed.

Not the best... I literally couldn't see anything without the camera flash...
It's starting to smell ridiculous in there...piney and sweet mmmmmmm

They suffered a little bit recently however because I had them on a really heavy feeding regime and suddenly we had a spell of cloudiness.  They seemed to have a little too much P as a result, but we had a good sun the other day that kinda cleared them up.

I'm calling them all at least half way now, with the tallest one looking a week or two ahead of the others.  Either that or it's just a huge yeilder.  I Chopped her at 4 weeks last time due to hermies (i'll probably see them again soon) But currently none of the hairs have started turning so who knows... She's quite loaded with trichs already too... I'm getting excited....

Offlinekickin-two-hundo
|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅| ♪♫♪♫♪♫
Male User Gallery

Loc: afghanistan
    #477916 - 09/15/10 11:22 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

dammmm big ole nuggets, nice tops!

--------------------
The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.

anything and everything i post on here is completely fictional and come straight from the deepest depths of the black hole which is my mind.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals