Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineJeff Funk
 User Gallery

Question about height of flowering White Widow.
    #474049 - 09/08/10 10:30 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I have a question about White Widow in particular. This strain totally surprised me in it's overall growth including speed, height, bushiness, etc. After a month veg these things were HUGE and hogging most of the light from the Kings Kush I have growing beside them. Anyways I'm now about a week into flowering and I was wondering about how long will it be before vertical growth haults? I'm trying to make it to week four so I can give them a dose of gravity which has it's benefits, and I hear will stop vertical growth. But I'm just wondering around what week does the vertical growth stop naturally? And is it possible or wise to give flowering plants gravity before week 4 of flowering? Thanks in adavance.

--------------------
@Str8dankgenetics

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemaryanne3087
Stranger
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Question about height of flowering White Widow. [Re: Jeff Funk]
    #477420 - 09/15/10 11:13 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

In my opinion it varies breeder to breeder. Back in the mid/late 90s White Widow was all the craze and now several breeders claim to have the original (3 that are commonly credited for having the original), and there's a whole lot more sources for it. I'm nearly positive a lot arent even related and are just cashing in on the name.

Email the breeder and if it's either Greenhouse or Mr.Nice it shouldn't be hard to find out online. Mr.Nice has a forum with a lot of grow logs.

I'd be fairly confident assuming it has a 1.5 - 2 x stretch. In my experience plants stretch less when they're more mature.

Offlinetrichome
THC
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Question about height of flowering White Widow. [Re: Jeff Funk]
    #477569 - 09/15/10 02:29 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I just started growing this strain as well (Dr. Chronic's) and am amazed how bushy the plant is during veg.  I haven't trained or topped and the plants have shoots at every possible node! (under a 96w T5)

I plan on cloning from 1-2 mothers and flowering early to control height.  If they get too tall I'll just tie 'em down.  Can't wait to sample this smoke, supposed to be very high THC content :cactuar:

--------------------
:baggy::arabs::baggy:

OfflineSmOakland
Now with Grow!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oaktown to NOLA
Re: Question about height of flowering White Widow. [Re: trichome]
    #477759 - 09/15/10 08:15 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Jeff Funk- I think you are confusing Gravity with Bushmaster.

OfflineJeff Funk
 User Gallery

Re: Question about height of flowering White Widow. [Re: SmOakland]
    #478565 - 09/17/10 07:35 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Jeff Funk- I think you are confusing Gravity with Bushmaster

Well I've been talking to stoney and Harry over the past few months about using gravity and such. And some have told me that when giving plants gravity vertical growth would hault as well as the flowers becoming more dense. I knew the bushmaster was suppose to make your plants more bushy, but not until about 5 days ago did I find out from Magash that it seizes vertical growth. So picked some up since I've tied my widow down over 10 times and they still just kept growing. I ran that bushmaster for 3 days and bam they haven't grown an inch since. I'll be uploading pics soon so keep a look out.

--------------------
@Str8dankgenetics

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds