Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

Loc: Wild & Free
Shit that's bad for you.
    #471154 - 09/02/10 10:15 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Link

Although personally I wasn't aware some people didn't know boxing gloves were to protect your hand.

I found that out when I used athletic tape to put a layer over my knuckles.

Although then again we banned face shots because we were boxing like a mile outside of town on a dead end road that lead to the river.

But eh, cool list.

--------------------
"Je pense, donc je suis (I am thinking, therefore I am)." -Rene Descartes

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleiStoner
Astral Beast
Male

Re: Shit that's bad for you. [Re: Thebooedocksaint]
    #471328 - 09/02/10 04:02 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

i didnt know some of those

--------------------

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

Re: Shit that's bad for you. [Re: iStoner]
    #471337 - 09/02/10 04:13 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Bananas are radioactive.  :gameover:

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:
you know what i did in english class? I came to class stoned out of my mind every day, i chugged vodka in the back of class, i put dead fish in the ceiling tiles. i put a gallon of old milk and orange juice in the file cabinet before winter vacation. i brought snakes in a tied up sweater and let them loose during class. i didnt go to school to learn, i went because i had to. i didnt care, and i didn't fucking listen to that stupid bitch. and i still don't fucking care. i tore the pages out of her books and burned them, and threw away all the books in the class, two books per day.  :twobooks:

OfflineTomCollins

Re: Shit that's bad for you. [Re: THEBats]
    #471378 - 09/02/10 05:20 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

That article is absolutely ridicules.

Quote:

Sports drinks contain THOUSANDS of calories and some people drink multiple drinks in a day. You might as well be drinking a coke float with a side order of pork rinds.

:facepalm:

Anyway, what I found the most retarded of all was the shit about running shoes.

I talked to a running buddy of mine. The guy is the proverbial badass runner. He's training for the iron man and has completed a couple 100 mile races. He said, yeah sure it's not natural but we're all different, and ultimately we can train our bodies to do whatever. You shouldn't be slamming your heel down like that anyway, your shoe doesn't control your stride, you do. It may affect what feels natural to you, but just like you need to train yourself to hold your back straight and move your arms very minimally while running, so must you train the way you land your foot.

Also, many "injuries" or pains experienced by runners are usually just the result of your body adapting to what you're doing. I had this horrific pain in my knee about a month ago. I talked to my buddy and he said "just run through it." So I did, the pain went on for 4 weeks and it was terrible I was basically limping. Then suddenly it went away. :shrug:

Sure some people develop problems with their knees etc but others never ever do. Every case is different and it is not necessarily that running shoes are bad for you.

I can't help but agree with him, and this begs the question: to what extent is it bad for you? I think running shoes are probably just as bad for your feet and knees as sitting down is for your abdominal region. Actually, sitting down is probably more harmful for you overall than running with running shoes is. :lmafo:

Is eating anything not organic bad for you? Where do we draw that line? Saying something is bad for you, blows it completely out of proportion. I think the right term is it's "unnatural."

Anyway, that's my 2 cents, now I'm off for a run with my sick new Nike+ Lunarracers!

--------------------
andyistic said:
Ok so let me bring you idiots up to speed.
The admins are tired of this shitfest being made the joke of the weed community on the Internet.

OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

Loc: Wild & Free
Re: Shit that's bad for you. [Re: TomCollins]
    #471399 - 09/02/10 06:15 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I'm seriously going to get those foot glove things.

Apparently like 2 people I did cross country with already have some and says it helps your form.

--------------------
"Je pense, donc je suis (I am thinking, therefore I am)." -Rene Descartes

OfflineTomCollins

Re: Shit that's bad for you. [Re: Thebooedocksaint]
    #471453 - 09/02/10 07:48 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I gotta say at first I was skeptical, but once you break em in they're incredible. My knees and my quads have been feeling much better... but, as always, run on soft terrain or a tread mill when you can. That's when they really feel good and you can take off. :thumbup:

--------------------
andyistic said:
Ok so let me bring you idiots up to speed.
The admins are tired of this shitfest being made the joke of the weed community on the Internet.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order