Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleNorton
Stranger
Female
Mold inside buds
    #467147 - 08/25/10 07:18 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Grown outdoors in pots.

1. Are you growing from seed or clones? Seeds
2. How old are your plants? 5 months
3. How tall are your plants? 2'-4'
4. What size containers are they planted in? 3-4 gallon pots
5. What is your soil mix? Part MG potting soil, part Pro-mix, small part bonemeal
6. How often do you water and what type of water do you use? Daily, weather permitting. Town water.
7. What is the pH of your water? Don't know
8. What kind of fertilizer do you use and what is its NPK ratio? Occasional MG all purpose fert.
9. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything? No.
10. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? (HPS, MH, fluorescent, halogen, incandescent "plant lights") The sun.
11. How close are your lights to the plants? Roughly 93 million miles.
12. What size is your grow space in square feet? Infinite.
13. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space? Varies too much
14. What is the pH of the soil? Don't know
15. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space? Not recently. (within the past 6 weeks)
16. How much experience do you have growing? First-timer

So on to the problem. Today is harvest day for my three plants. Two were fairly tall (3'-4') and nicely branched out because I trained them. The third is shorter (2') with only one cola. It grew unnoticed in the pot with a larger plant that I ended up tossing because it was male. The short plant turned out to be female. It was in the 3 gallon pot for a little while before I chopped the male, so I left it in there. I think the pot was too big. It seemed to take a long time for the soil to dry, and grew powdery mold on the surface of the soil while the others were fine.

So anyway, I've started manicuring the buds. One tall plant seems perfectly healthy, and the buds are firmly attached the the stems. The other tall plant was mostly fine, but one large-sized bud had a lot of wet brown leaves on it. The bud felt mushy and pulled right off the stem. I saved whatever felt firm and trimmed off all the soft spots.

The small plant has the same wet brown leaves and mushy feel to it, but on a large portion of it. If I pry the bud open a little, I see what appears to be fuzzy white mold.

I'd really love to salvage as much of the small plant as possible. Should I do what I did with the other soft bud and just save what seems healthy, or might it be ok if I just manicured it and hung the whole cola to dry? Would it possibly affect my other drying buds?

Also, I can understand how the small plant would have mold problems, but why only the one bud on the large plant?

Edited by Norton (08/25/10 05:00 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinewholesheet
Stranger
Re: Mold inside buds [Re: Norton]
    #467326 - 08/25/10 04:16 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

its getting wet and staying wet.. humidity to high.. the mold can take it all. r they almost mature.. if so pick them and bust all the buds open. get a good air flow to them

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds