Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinewhattodo
Stranger
having problems with outdoor budding plants.
    #465313 - 08/22/10 09:42 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

My plants have been thriving and getting huge.now that they are beginning to bud some have strange red purple tops instead of white fuzz. Is this phosphorus deficiency or something else? Can my harvest be saved or am I screwed?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinechickenbiscuits
Stranger
Re: having problems with outdoor budding plants. [Re: whattodo]
    #465956 - 08/23/10 02:53 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

we need some more info i think to answer...

which part is red purple? leaves? pistils? calyx? Ive seen many outdoor plants shoot off magenta hairs.. Trainwreck and hashplant both do that all the time.

Offlinewhattodo
Stranger
Re: having problems with outdoor budding plants. [Re: chickenbiscuits]
    #466023 - 08/23/10 05:57 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

It just the newly forming buds themselves. The whole bud, not just the pistils. The plants are huge and healthy looking. I do have strains that turn purple but that isn't until the last few weeks of flowering. Some of the affected plants have some branches with the normal looking prebuds and some with the strange red purple prebud. I'm thinking possibly a phosphorus or potassium deficiency or maybe both.

Offlinechickenbiscuits
Stranger
    #466078 - 08/23/10 07:56 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

well if youve been giving them a good bloom it shouldnt be that. I hear guys all the time "keep those leaf tips almost burnt"

although i cant agree with that, they can handle alot of bloom. give them plenty of molasses(hybrix or similiar)1tbsp/gal, liquid karma2tsp/gal, and your favorite bloom 1-3tbsp/gal dependant on the last time you gave them bloom and what bloom your using. that will fix any deficiency. maybe some calmag too

Offlinewhattodo
Stranger
    #466378 - 08/24/10 05:13 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah that's kinda what I was thinking. Haven't applied much bloom nutes because of location...guerrilla grow. Just notice anomaly and aim to fix. They have been enjoying fox farms "peace of mind". But tonight I will be hiTting them with Jamaican bat guano, uncle Johns blend, and super thrive. I will probably keep thus up once a week til the end. Just hope there are no lasting negative effects. I'm also gonna supplement some of that mollases like u suggested. Is that just for the sugars and carbs? Just regular mollases?

Offlinechickenbiscuits
Stranger
    #466409 - 08/24/10 08:11 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

like i said you can use hybrix (Earth Juice's molasses for plants) or just get Blackstrap molasses. Just make sure its unsulphered. Molasses will make your buds sweeter and way more sugary. You will also get a bigger yield. Carbs make ya fat right? Molasses has Potassium, calcium, and iron in it along with some other trace minerals.

Seriously though man... liquid karma is a breakthrough. if your not using it or any other catalyst your missing out.

Oh and hybrix is the ONLY earth juice product i could recommend. all their ferts throw a 4.3-4.8pH once mixed to water. Unless you use pH up this is horrible. If your mixing 55 or 200gallons of mix F*** using pH up crystals. Use a pre-balanced fert like age old instead.

Offlinewhattodo
Stranger
    #466473 - 08/24/10 09:49 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Will do. Thanks. I have used liquid karma and other compost teas before on indoor plants. Couldn't really notice any great improvement, but many other ferts combined so results were lost in the sauce. So ya think the red purple isn't a crop killer and all will be well? Hope so.

Invisiblemaryanne3087
Stranger
Trusted Cultivator
    #466737 - 08/24/10 05:52 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

chickenbiscuits said:
like i said you can use hybrix (Earth Juice's molasses for plants) or just get Blackstrap molasses. Just make sure its unsulphered.

Oh and hybrix is the ONLY earth juice product i could recommend. all their ferts throw a 4.3-4.8pH once mixed to water. Unless you use pH up this is horrible. If your mixing 55 or 200gallons of mix F*** using pH up crystals. Use a pre-balanced fert like age old instead.

pH of fertilizers when mixed with water is relative to the water you use to mix.

Why does the molasses have to be un-sulfured?

Offlinechickenbiscuits
Stranger
Re: having problems with outdoor budding plants. [Re: maryanne3087]
    #466776 - 08/24/10 06:37 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

maryanne3087 said:
Quote:

chickenbiscuits said:
like i said you can use hybrix (Earth Juice's molasses for plants) or just get Blackstrap molasses. Just make sure its unsulphered.

pH of fertilizers when mixed with water is relative to the water you use to mix.
?

go through a regular dose of earth juice nutrients into a gal of water and throw your hanna in there.. Guarunteed under 5 if you use a full dose.

6.8water makes 4.3 ..... throw age old in a heavy dose.. itll turn 6.8 into 7.0

Invisiblemaryanne3087
Stranger
Trusted Cultivator
    #466834 - 08/24/10 08:27 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

If you knew how pH works, you'd understand that lower pH's are more sensitive to adjustments not a whole lot of pH down has to be added to move the pH from 5 to 4, but a whole lot more from 9 to 8.

If I use my tap water with a ppm of 140 pH of 8.8 - 9 I can just about guarantee you that it won't be under 5 if 6.8 buffers to 4.3

For my 20gal reservoir @ pH 8.8 (tap) it takes about 4ml or 200 drops to get down to a pH of 6 to 6.2 then only a few more to get down to 5.5

Offlinechickenbiscuits
Stranger
Re: having problems with outdoor budding plants. [Re: maryanne3087]
    #466840 - 08/24/10 08:31 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

well damn. ive never tested any water that alkaline! your right though. Im used to seeing a pretty constant 6.8 out of the well. or between 6.2 and 7.2 in past locations.

Offlinewhattodo
Stranger
    #467155 - 08/25/10 07:52 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Going out to see my babies tonight. Hitting them with some meds and hoping for some change. Ill take some pics and post them tonight. Ill be back out there again this weekend and will take more pics if there is a noticeable differenc.

Offlinewhattodo
Stranger
    #467627 - 08/26/10 06:52 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

WeLl went out there and things looking better. Starting to think that the red purple color might actually be coming from temp difference from night to day. Did notice some plants showing heavy stress. YeLlow leaves and white burn spots. Not many nutes used so unsure what it is from. I hit them with super thrive. I used the .25 tsp/gallon ratio and am kind of nervous. I've used st before but on small potter indoor plants. At that ratio I burned the shit out of them. I'm hoping that because they are 8 foot tall and in ground that the heavy mix will do what it is supposed to and help not hurt. Dont know cause this is the first time using outdoors on big girls so I guess we will see.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains