Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Loc: Bumfuckt Egypt
Molasses and Gravity.
    #464377 - 08/20/10 04:44 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

So, I found some Grandmas Molasses in my spice cabinet while I was looking for some dill. Cool. Its really old, but I can't imagine this stuff goes bad.

Anyway, one of my ladies is ~2 weeks into flowering, the other is ~4 weeks in. I plan on feeding them up until harvest, with a few days flush thrown in there somewhere.

When I feed my girls the Gravity, I cut all my other nutes back to 1/2 strength or less. Should I also cut the molasses back, or just cut it out completely for my Gravity feeding days?

I have a blueberry x jack herer going and I'm terrified to give it any Gravity TBH. While she was in veg, she was sooooo nute sensitive I burned her prolly 3 times in a 2 month veg (I usually veg for 1 month, but had to do 2 because I almost killed her in the beginning :frown:)

I've read a bunch of stuff about molasses on other sites, but it all seems to be outdated or misinformation. When people "tiep lyke dis" I really can't take shit they say to heart...I know you guys are good for it.

Thankfully I got my internet back. Cut out the cable TV, who needs that shit when I have the internet? :lol:

--------------------
Of course it's happening inside your head.
Why should that mean it isn't real?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineimpgl

Re: Molasses and Gravity. [Re: RasJeph]
    #464383 - 08/20/10 04:53 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

i was about to make a molasses thread right now, but saw this (hope you dont mind if i just ask a question).

I always hear to get unsulfered (sp?) blackstrap molasses. will unsulfered molasses work? what does black strap mean?

--------------------

Edited by impgl (08/20/10 06:33 PM)

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Re: Molasses and Gravity. [Re: impgl]
    #464391 - 08/20/10 04:59 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

No trouble man :thumbup:

From what I'm reading, blackstrap is just part of the brand? I read about plenty of people using Grandmas Molasses (which is what I found...most people come home from the grocery store with it when they go looking for blackstrap).

Thats what I've gathered anyway.

--------------------

OfflinePsuper
حشيش حشّاشين
 User Gallery

Loc: Left Coast
    #464641 - 08/21/10 01:27 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

"....Molasses syrup is separated from sugar crystals by means of centrifuging. Molasses is separated from the sugar crystals repeatedly during the manufacturing process, resulting in several different grades of molasses; that obtained from the first extraction contains more sugar, tastes sweeter, and is lighter in colour than molasses obtained at the second or third extractions. The third and final extraction yields blackstrap molasses, a heavy, viscous, dark-coloured product that has had all the sugar removed from it that can be separated practically by ordinary blah blah blah...."

Source: Encyclopædia Britannica

ALSO, here's a link to a pretty informative molasses thread I started in ICMag; I don't post much there but this thread ended up getting a fair amount of attention:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=172063

While you don't want to be using any nutes alongside the Gravity, I have used it with some molasses at the same time on numerous occasions now, but I was also being careful with the dosage when doing this, so I don't feel I should offer advice either way on it. ~P~

--------------------
Shroomery.org

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Re: Molasses and Gravity. [Re: Psuper]
    #464683 - 08/21/10 08:30 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

So why is everyone busting their nuts over black strap molasses then? Don't you want the sugars? I was under the impression that was why you gave it to your plants.  :spazzychicken:

Lmao I was looking for the confused smiley but I found that chicken instead.

--------------------

Offlinehisheater
trigger man
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #464718 - 08/21/10 09:33 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Never used molasses with gravity but every time i use gravity I do full strength nutes and dont change the lighting at all. Never had one problem. Some times I even give a little more to them. Have never seen any detrimental effects.

--------------------
They call them fingers but I never see them fing... Oh wait, there they go.
-----------------------------------------------
Doo Yoo Hookah???

Offlinegrod31
Ranger
 User Gallery

#464733 - 08/21/10 09:55 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

RasJeph said:
So why is everyone busting their nuts over black strap molasses then? Don't you want the sugars? I was under the impression that was why you gave it to your plants.

Many people use molasses solely for a carbohydrate booster, but it goes so much further than that.
its a good source of energy for the various forms of microbes, it contains significant amounts of potash, sulfur, and a variety of micronutrients & trace minerals
i have read it also works as a chelating agent- breaking down heavy metals so the plant can use them

--------------------
DO NOT USE mushmagic.com- THEY LIE AND SELL DRUGS TO CHILDREN :thumbdown:
--------------------------------------------------
Back the tape up.  I need it again!
Let it roll!  Just as high as the fucker can go! 
And when it comes to that fantastic note
where the rabbit bites its own head off,
I want you to THROW THAT FUCKING
RADIO INTO THE TUB WITH ME!
    Not me.  It would blast you through
the wall stone dead in ten seconds and they'd make me explain.

Invisiblemaryanne3087
Stranger
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Molasses and Gravity. [Re: impgl]
    #464910 - 08/21/10 05:25 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

impgl said:
i was about to make a molasses thread right now, but saw this (hope you dont mind if i just ask a question).

I always hear to get unsulfered (sp?) blackstrap molasses. will unsulfered molasses work? what does black strap mean?

I wonder why that is. Sulfur is a key component of terpenes and flavinoids. Maybe adding Sulfur late in flowering is bad for taste I don't know. I'm sure either works, I just buy the cheap stuff for the most part.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Kratom Powder for Sale