Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinePapaKush
Peaceful Warrior
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
Starting with Soil. newpala21's epic adventure.
    #457030 - 08/08/10 09:39 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

OK Dude so I am going to attempt to help you look a little deeper into the art and science of growing the sacred Cannabis.

A lot of what I tell you will come naturally and with more experience but I think it might be helpful for you and others to take a closer look at what it really takes to grow healthy and safe buds. Not only do you not want to get busted, but you also want to make sure the herb is safe for you to consume.

In response to your post, I wouldn't recommend using a Miracle Grow brand anything, ever. You should try to use organic methods when possible because the end product is safer for human consumption. 

I went to Espoma's Website to see what you're working with in the Plant-tone. It looks pretty good for starting. I would recommend starting off with the recommendations made for 'potted plants'.

Mix 1 part Plant-tone to 25 parts soil. Feed established plants 1 tsp. of Plant-tone for each 3 inches of pot diameter. Repeat monthly

So what you need now is a basic soil that will support a seedling. A simple organic potting soil should be fine. You don't want anything with an N P K rating really, just something basic.

So When you get the basic soil you can germinate your seeds and start them in that in a very small pot. I use this Lee Valley Seed Starter it's very cheap and worth every penny.

When the root plug is developed just pop 'em out and transplant them into the mix you make. The Plant-tone 1/25 Soil mix. Just make sure you pH blance your water to somewhere around 6.3 and you should be fine until you want to flower your plant. You'll have more questions before you get to that stage so I don't need to go further.

Let me know what you do. When you get to making a more complete organic soil mix for flowering and get more experience under your belt I've got a real kick ass mix for you thanks to the work of the legendary Subcool. Personally, my friends swear by TLO (True Living Organics) and I'm preparing to make some changes of my own.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinenewpala21
stoned smoker

Re: Starting with Soil. newpala21's epic adventure. [Re: PapaKush]
    #459973 - 08/14/10 11:46 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

ok ive been away for awhile so im alittle late in response to this.. ok now i have read that people say not to use the MG stuff but does that go for their organic stuff as well, i mean it is organic afterall so i dont see why it wouldnt work or am i just naive to the whole thing here... also when u say a basic soil mix what exactly do u mean by basic, ive seen alot of people using the ff soil but after all it is 20$ for just dirt, is there a more comparable soil to use in your recommendation or just go wit the ff just to be sure, now i did see that u said to get a soil that dosent have a N P K rating, from what ive seen, or maybe im not looking good enough but what soil dosent have that N P K rating in it, also are u suggesting this cause of the fact that the plant-tone has all of that in it and i dont want to forsay overdose the plant on nutris.... thanx all

OfflinePsuper
حشيش حشّاشين
 User Gallery

Loc: Left Coast
Re: Starting with Soil. newpala21's epic adventure. [Re: newpala21]
    #460455 - 08/14/10 11:40 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Twilight Zone up in this bitch.

--------------------
Shroomery.org

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies