Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleHendershot
Shapeshifter
Male User Gallery

Less water during flowering?
    #455679 - 08/05/10 08:57 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I heard that during flowering, you should water very infrequently.. supposedly it makes the buds produce more trichs.. Any truth to this?:confused:

--------------------

"You're cool, you're cool, fuck you, I'm out.."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinekickin-two-hundo
|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅| ♪♫♪♫♪♫
Male User Gallery

Loc: afghanistan
Re: Less water during flowering? [Re: Hendershot]
    #455680 - 08/05/10 09:04 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

yessir. the trick is u don't give it water for the last week or two after your final flush and you're about to harvest it, probably some kind of survival mode, it puts all its got left in it into gettin those buds all that they need.

--------------------
The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.

anything and everything i post on here is completely fictional and come straight from the deepest depths of the black hole which is my mind.

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #455774 - 08/06/10 09:38 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I've been under the lights for 25 years now and I feel fairly safe answering the question with this  NO a plant can't increase it's yield if it doesn't have the water to metabolize nutrients.

Hey I hear Olympic runners do better if they don't drink water for a week before the race. :wink:

(Just busting your balls a little) :potleaf:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Less water during flowering? [Re: kickin-two-hundo]
    #455782 - 08/06/10 10:45 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

cicken200 said:
yessir. the trick is u don't give it water for the last week or two after your final flush and you're about to harvest it, probably some kind of survival mode, it puts all its got left in it into gettin those buds all that they need.

So you're seriously advocating giving the plant NO nutrients for three full weeks before harvest? Seriously? A week flush and then two weeks without water would guaranteed kill the plant, and if it somehow managed to survive your yield would be terrible

--------------------

InvisibleHendershot
Shapeshifter
Male User Gallery

Re: Less water during flowering? [Re: Harry_Ba11sach] * 1
    #455802 - 08/06/10 11:39 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Thanks guys, makes sense.. I'll just keep watering and feeding.. so I flush a week before harvest?
Can anyone tell by these pics if she's flowering yet?

--------------------

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #455803 - 08/06/10 11:46 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Not quite flowering yet. Might be entering the stretch phase but most likely it'll start flowering in the next 1-4 weeks.  Beautiful plant though :thumbup:

--------------------

Offlinekickin-two-hundo
Male User Gallery

Re: Less water during flowering? [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #455909 - 08/06/10 05:17 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

furrowedbrow u ever heard of the special olympics? hahaa... jm

no harry u got me wrong, i said 1-2 weeks as part of the flush, not in addition to flushing (after flushing the final time, no more watering until harvest.) not watering for 3 weeks would be suicide yes. but 1 to 2 weeks? not at all. I water my plants once a weeks normally, i don't see how one more week would kill it. So maybe my time period was a little long, lets say 7-11 days then.

It does make sense though, to me at least.  its a form of stress, which (now this is just a thought right here, don't flip) causes the plant to put all its last bits of atp ( energy), and idk if weed plants produce nadph too(it is a basic part of photosynthesis though, it would make sense), but it would focus that into its buds too into its buds, the whole point of its survival. i mean wouldnt it? does that make sense to u? makes sense to me..

kinda like the final 48 hours of darkness that jorge cervantes suggests before harvest. although i dont really know what that does, maybe causes all the pistols to fully mature, idk.

i do it every grow, and i've never had a plant die on me. But no not 3 weeks without water, i said 1-2, thats what i meant.

it works for me.

--------------------

anything and everything i post on here is completely fictional and come straight from the deepest depths of the black hole which is my mind.

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #455917 - 08/06/10 05:48 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Jeeze there is so much false info here. Stress the plant and send it into survival mode doesn't make it produce bigger buds, more crystals, because these things won't make the plant survive or help it to in any way but they will cause the plants to try and find those nutrients by focusing in the areas that would help it survive and that is root growth.

Now if you do manage to send it into survival mode that means the plant is going to try and produce it's own seed and that is by going hermie. Survival mode means just that and you can't survive in the plant world if you can't reproduce.

Quote:

i do it every grow, and i've never had a plant die on me. But no not 3 weeks without water, i said 1-2, thats what i meant.

it works for me.

skip doing it for one crop and you'll never do it again. :stoned:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

Offlinekickin-two-hundo
Male User Gallery

Re: Less water during flowering? [Re: Magash]
    #455921 - 08/06/10 06:17 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

idk what ur readin and where ur gettin this info from, can you read? heres what i said "probably some kind of survival mode", never said it puts it into 'SURVIVAL MODE'(hermie mode), i said probably some kind of, which means i don't know what it does exactly, but i know it does something. i never said anything about bigger buds, more crystals, where are you getting all this, u trippin balls mang? I know it lessens the drying time,  and i've heard from an old grower that it'll produce stickier buds.

okay heres what i'll do this time, i'll do it with all my plants except the smallest, least dank and see what happens. I'll even do a side by side for u sir  :awethumb: . On the flipside of things, have you ever tried it for urself? and if not, how can you say it won't work?

--------------------

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #455926 - 08/06/10 06:32 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Yes I've tried it with many strains. I've been under the lights for 25 years so I've tried all these bullshit stress the plants methods and they are just that bullshit.

Explain how you get sticker buds with no improvement in crystal production since it's the crystals that make the buds sticky?

Plants can't produce crystals, get sticker, or grow in any way at all if they don't have the water in them to move the nutrients around. Every function of the plant requires nutrients in order to do that function in the first place.

and by the way Cervantes admits to never trying the 48 hour of darkness thing himself and that the only reason he printed it was that it was told to him by BOG.

Remember these dumbass stress the plant methods have been around for years and there is a good reason why people aren't doing them cause if they worked everybody would be. I grew when people started every crop from seed then some guy figured that sticking the stem in water and bubbling it would cause roots. One year later everybody was doing it caused it worked.

and how exactly do you stress a plant without sending it into survival mode?

and if this even comes into play when withholding water
Quote:

I know it lessens the drying time

that is insane cause it is common knowledge that the buds do most of their swelling in the last few weeks of growth.

--------------------

Offlinekickin-two-hundo
Male User Gallery

#455932 - 08/06/10 06:42 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

well if you've tried it n junk, then case closed. I'm not going to explain how I think depriving it of water for the last week would make it stickier, (although it still makes plenty of sense to me) because you're obviously smarter than me and you'll just make me look and sound like a dumbass, so i'll just keep my thoughts and ideas to myself. Explain to me why it wouldn't work or make any sense.

so maybe it doesnt do shit, it does shorten drying time though, you can't deny that, thats common sense, less water means less water!!!!!!!!!!!!! who woulda ever thought?

edit:ohh so u were editing as i was posting, still explain.

--------------------

Edited by cicken200 (08/06/10 06:45 PM)

Offlinekickin-two-hundo
Male User Gallery

#455937 - 08/06/10 06:50 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

i do like that ass though, i could follow that around  and keep my tongue in that bitch all day.

--------------------

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #455938 - 08/06/10 06:51 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

That not what I'm trying to do so fucking what if I've tried it and proved it wrong. We will never know if things like this work or not if people don't try them in the first place.

Some people may have a need to dry the buds fast (location change, family visit and crap) that they may find your info useful.

Ya never know chicken you may come across the next big thing in growing but will never know if ya don't try and we will never know if people don't post.

I like most of what you post and don't want ya to stop but it's my job around here to point out things I find wrong esp if I've tried them before. I'll never answer a post if I haven't tried it cause that would be blind posting and that is fucked up.

In other words somebody may post something that makes them look like a dumbass but by not posting they actually are being a dumbass.

and you didn't look like a dumbass in this thread many people believe the stress methods until they try them and some even after. :wink::thumbup:

--------------------

Offlinekickin-two-hundo
Male User Gallery

#455945 - 08/06/10 07:17 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

true that, well im gonna try a side by side to see if it does anything at all, can doing it for the last week actually hurt? can it actually lessen the yeild/potency?

--------------------

OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bright Side of the Sun
    #455961 - 08/06/10 08:12 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Discussion has lead to research.

Gota love the positive vibs.

:spinleaf:

--------------------
Child of the 60's, Tripping ever sence.

InvisibleHendershot
Shapeshifter
Male User Gallery

Re: Less water during flowering? [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #456731 - 08/08/10 07:28 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Harry_Ba11sach said:
Not quite flowering yet. Might be entering the stretch phase but most likely it'll start flowering in the next 1-4 weeks.  Beautiful plant though :thumbup:

Thanks Harry.. yah you were right.. she's shot 6" in three days- hope she slows down as she's beginning to outgrow her camouflage..nodes are about 4-5" apart and new growth at 20+ potential bud sites.
Should I flush now and start with bloom fert? This is my first grow and I'm a bit tentative about adding a bunch of stuff, so I'm using a 5-10-10.

--------------------

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #456739 - 08/08/10 09:09 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

nah no reason to flush it. Just continue your feeding schedule, but just start working in flowering nutes over the next 2 weeks. make sure it's a gradual transition though, she doesn't need to just get hit with full on bloom food right away

--------------------

OfflineNorCalJoe66
Stranger
    #638530 - 09/26/12 08:32 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

What I have notices with my plants is that with a couple I water less during the last month of flowering and the plant seems to sugg out more. The Plants I use more water with dont get any bigger but the quality seems to be a bit better with the one I use less water with.  If the leaves wilt at all that's not good for the plant, so u need to be carfull.

Try it on a couple plants for yourself, Im sure you will have the same results.....been doing this for years.

I live in the Emerald Triangle and all the people that I know do the same thing. Everyone has thier tricks and ideas, it's like a car...you can keep tunning it better and better, sometimes you have to try new things,,,,,differant cars are like diff strains...theya ll respond a little diff.

JDG

Hope this helps.....
water less durring flowering?
You may choose only one

Votes accepted from (09/26/12 09:32 PM) to (No end specified)
View the results of this poll

OfflineKillaTuna82
Stranger
    #668825 - 05/02/13 03:03 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

Heated debate Hellz ya!!  New to the site and came across this interesting thread. 
Just wondering if you know that in hydroponics plants grow literally in water for their entire life? Did you also know they typically (note the typically) have a higher yield compared to other mediums.  Just saying.  If in hydro the plants are getting watered all the time up till harvest then the plants obviously want/need that. 
I grow in soil and hydro and water plants up to 3 days before harvest.
Peace my fellow chronic friends.

OfflinePoloDown
Stranger Danger

Re: Less water during flowering? [Re: KillaTuna82]
    #668834 - 05/02/13 04:13 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

KillaTuna82 said:
Heated debate Hellz ya!!  New to the site and came across this interesting thread. 
Just wondering if you know that in hydroponics plants grow literally in water for their entire life? Did you also know they typically (note the typically) have a higher yield compared to other mediums.  Just saying.  If in hydro the plants are getting watered all the time up till harvest then the plants obviously want/need that. 
I grow in soil and hydro and water plants up to 3 days before harvest.
Peace my fellow chronic friends.

You bumped a rather old thread.

But welcome to the growery

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder