Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineCharlieD123
Stranger

Hybrid hydroponics setups...
    #454190 - 08/02/10 05:14 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Been looking at some hydroponics stores custom/hybrid hydroponic machines. First is the Aero Mutha from [Abergreen.co.uk] It's an aeroponic design with 3 rotating sprayers inside a 20+ litre bucket.
The second is an advanced dwc system from [hydroponics.eu] which utilises drip feeding, along with the standard airstone dwc bubbler setup. Well I DIY'd my own bubble bucket using a thread i found over on 420 magazine, but I was wondering wether it would be beneficial to use more than one way of feeding for a single bucket. So for instance if I DIY'd my own aero mutha stylee bucket and integrated a drip system and have say the aeroponic sprayers feed the plant for 12 hours of the day (i.e. once every 3-4 hours for 15 mins) and have the drip system activated for the middle 5mins of every 15 mins, and then the single feed in the dark period with aero sprayers only for 15min may this benefit the plants at all. I also considered having the sprayers feed from the reservoir in my bucket that the plant is in (nute mix n all) and have the drip system run from a seperate bucket containing only PH adjusted water.
Or even if I stuck with my original dwc bubble bucket and had a half strength nute mix in there, and then another reservior containing foliar feeding nutes like root boosters and veg boosters (also at half strength) with sprayers linked up to it and have the dwc off in the dark period completely and have the sprayers feed the plant once 4 hours into the dark period?
This is all just speculation as i have a month or so before I'm going to get my project up and running, but any ideas, comments or constructive criticisms are welcomed to assist me along the path to dank herb  :grin:  :super:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinewholesheet
Stranger
Re: Hybrid hydroponics setups... [Re: CharlieD123]
    #454603 - 08/03/10 03:32 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

hmmm .... i see ur not wanting to use the KIS method.. KEEP IT SIMPLE. sounds like it would work but why u want all that stuff going on.. keep air in the water in dw water about and inch below the hydroton and it will work fine..

OfflineCharlieD123
Stranger

Re: Hybrid hydroponics setups... [Re: wholesheet]
    #454604 - 08/03/10 03:40 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah i know what your saying and I suppose I do want to KIS but i just wana go all out so i can get the dankest of dank. And I can't go all out in the way of cash as I'm limited. But yeah I'll stick with a dwc then and invest my time in reading about the cheapest way to go about decent ventilation and growbox design. Cheers for the reality check, I was lost in cannabis dreams and got carried away lol.

Offlinewholesheet
Stranger
    #454606 - 08/03/10 03:46 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

stick around.. read .. grow and u'll learn it..we all want the dankest... but ur strain has all to do with that...

OfflineCharlieD123
Stranger

Re: Hybrid hydroponics setups... [Re: wholesheet]
    #454610 - 08/03/10 04:14 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Well I've prioritised my cash for investing in the strains the lights and the ventilation. I figure thats the most important shite right. I've got past the first stepping stone (first grow) went with bagseed, got a real nice plant, outside in england! haha unfortunately... you know whats coming.. bloody male. But i know I've got all the help I need here to get some sweet herb with the right investments so it's all good. I've done my reading trust me. I spent everynight reading and reading on here to the point that I could probably set up and maintain ebb n flow, a dwc, or an organic grow. I wont go near aeroponics I don't think but yeah. Anyway that was just a rant, cheers for the replies dude.

Offlinekickin-two-hundo
|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅| ♪♫♪♫♪♫
Male User Gallery

Loc: afghanistan
    #454637 - 08/03/10 04:56 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

try it out bro, i mean it could be the future of hydro who knows, nobody will know until someone tries it and tells everyone else, its definately not going to not work, so if u want it, fuckin get it lol

sounds pretty ridonculous to me tho, basic hydro systems work better than anything ive ever seen..shit grows like its a fuckin time machine.

--------------------
The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.

anything and everything i post on here is completely fictional and come straight from the deepest depths of the black hole which is my mind.

OfflinePsuper
حشيش حشّاشين
 User Gallery

Loc: Left Coast
Re: Hybrid hydroponics setups... [Re: kickin-two-hundo]
    #482094 - 09/25/10 12:56 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

kickin-two-hundo said:
sounds pretty ridonculous to me tho, basic hydro systems work better than anything ive ever seen..shit grows like its a fuckin time machine.

Hey moderators,
Thanks for banning this guy. This was just to stupid to put up with. :thumbup:

--------------------
Shroomery.org

Invisibleboomsaway
 User Gallery

Re: Hybrid hydroponics setups... [Re: Psuper]
    #482332 - 09/25/10 09:43 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

he's prolly making a new account with a different email right now...

OfflineOatman2000
-=Outa Space=-
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Planetary Nebula
Re: Hybrid hydroponics setups... [Re: boomsaway]
    #483148 - 09/28/10 05:06 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

sometimes KIS is the way to go.

We just had a drip system go bad, because of over fertilization.
we tried to get the dankest of the dank, but ended up nute locking the plant.

Using grodan cubes. Those suckers hold a lot of the nutrient.
which is why i never go near the 1400 ppm

just my .02 i am new to growing, but excelling as we speak.
I got a ebb and flow system shipped for $450. it came with a whole grows worth in nutrient. it holds 12 plants.
super easy to maintain :eek:

I am not sure in the number of plants you are doing. I may have not read that part.

--------------------
Spawning to COIR
Building a flood table out of 2 kiddie pools
:heart:  Ebb and Gro - Buckets 2000w
----------------------------

4-PO-DMT; 4-phosphoryloxy-N,N-dimethltryptamine

Invisiblestarrider

#528209 - 02/17/11 03:22 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Hey there, I've been using an Aerponic and a DWC container to grow with. I find that it works better. You don't have to worry about watering and if you terst for PPM everyday, you can mess up feeding.

--------------------
"If the doors of perception were cleansed every thing would appear to man as it is, infinite."

William Blake

Anything  I write is a lie. Any picture I post is a fake. I only write for entertainment.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order