Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinekissablemilklight
Midnight Tokah
Male

Loc: Oregon Flag
HELP! Need info on making a grow box
    #438969 - 06/28/10 04:23 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Yo yo yo, how is everyone doing today?

I got a few questions. I plan on building myself a grow box that can fit 5-6 plants. I was reading around on some posts and saw that 2'x2'x4' would be good measurements, would this be correct? I was thinking about using florescent lighting (I pay the electric bill but it goes through my sister who owns the place I live at and I don't want to raise suspicion) and was wondering how much wattage I would need to properly grow 5-6 plants. With florescent lighting would I need a computer fan for frequent air exchange? I also have plenty of questions about the actual growing aspect, but I can research those once I set up my grow box.

Thanks for the help!

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSalviaNshrooms9090
Buddhist Monk
Male

Loc: Peru
Re: HELP! Need info on making a grow box [Re: kissablemilklight]
    #441346 - 07/03/10 06:08 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

5 - 6 plants would be best under 600W but no less than 400W. If you wanna grow them nice and big anyway and 5 gallon pots 3 being min. You be better off just getting an HPS though. A 400W wont raise suspision neither would a 600W. You computer probably uses 500W! You should get a carbon filter with fan and proper venalation for the higher wattage likes. Its also best you use MH during veg and HPS during flowering. and honestly just buy a grow tent from like htg a 40"x40"x75" is only like 150. or if you have money a hydrohut. and i dont know what strains your growing but 5 or 6 regular plants will stink your house up unless you use a sealed environment and carbon filter. unless you grow ust low odor strain, but the best strains smell period.

OfflineDieselB
High Watt Closet
Male

Re: HELP! Need info on making a grow box [Re: SalviaNshrooms9090]
    #441508 - 07/03/10 12:04 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

To properly grow five or six plants you're gonna need more like 4x4 or at least 3x3 if you actually want to get a decent yield from them. Along with that I would put a 600w HID light on them, this isn't gonna make hardly any difference in your power bill, if you notice anything it might be $10-$15 at the most.. That's not enough to cause any suspicion, if she actually asked, which I highly doubt she would, all you would have to say is you've been running your AC more often or something like that. For one 600w light, I honestly didn't notice any kind of difference.

If you want to ensure that it doesn't go up at all, start being more energy conscious when you plug it up, don't leave things on when not in use, buy some energy saver light bulbds and replace the incandescent's if you still have them.

--------------------
If you ain't smokin' dro, you're smokin' reggie. :shrug:

OfflinePapaKush
Peaceful Warrior
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
Re: HELP! Need info on making a grow box [Re: DieselB]
    #453991 - 08/01/10 03:25 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

If you want to have a small personal grow box it would be much wiser for you to buy a pre-built unit as they are designed by professionals and many companies offer units that will fit in with your home decor.

Don't try to save money when starting out. You want to be successful. You want bumper yields. You want things to run smoothly. So get a job or save some money or get a loan but just do it right the first time.

Trying to design your own small unit is a bigger task than you think and if you just want to do something ghetto to be cheap just wait until the spring and find somewhere outside to plant. It isn't worth the hassle or the risk to save a few dollars.

--------------------

Offlinekissablemilklight
Midnight Tokah
Male

Loc: Oregon Flag
Re: HELP! Need info on making a grow box [Re: PapaKush]
    #455236 - 08/04/10 11:10 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

PapaKush said:
If you want to have a small personal grow box it would be much wiser for you to buy a pre-built unit as they are designed by professionals and many companies offer units that will fit in with your home decor.

Don't try to save money when starting out. You want to be successful. You want bumper yields. You want things to run smoothly. So get a job or save some money or get a loan but just do it right the first time.

Trying to design your own small unit is a bigger task than you think and if you just want to do something ghetto to be cheap just wait until the spring and find somewhere outside to plant. It isn't worth the hassle or the risk to save a few dollars.

I already started building my own. I've been around construction my whole life and have my own jigsaw and drill so its not a big deal. It's actually pretty simple. Drill some holes, screw it together, paint it white. I've already painted and sanded the whole thing just have to put it together and drill the hole for the electrical wiring to go through. Seal it with some caulking and voila! Brand new 2x2x5 grow room with a 150-watt HPS light system. It cost me the tiny amount of 75 dollars for it all. Now to go but all the items needed for guano tea. Goodbye 100 bucks!

--------------------

Offlinejash
Stranger
Re: HELP! Need info on making a grow box [Re: kissablemilklight]
    #467050 - 08/25/10 12:23 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

does anyone know where to find a simple diagram layout of a grow station i have an extra bdrm in my house to set up in but still like for it to be contained inside a homemade box ..im new at this and any info helps ...basically its the small details that fellow growers have already troubleshooted and conqured that im requesting ..im look to have 5-6 plants and very willing to build one myself ..
?'s i have
1. what lighting is best? what stlye of light and watts
2. air circulation and fan positioning..
3. any digrams of grow boxes would be helpful im looking for a simple setup being this is my first time any tips would help

plz help me out guys i wanna start growing asap

OfflineSmOakland
Now with Grow!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oaktown to NOLA
Re: HELP! Need info on making a grow box [Re: jash]
    #469439 - 08/29/10 03:24 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

OfflineDudeTron
 User Gallery

Re: HELP! Need info on making a grow box [Re: SmOakland]
    #469798 - 08/30/10 02:50 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Here's a shitty pic of my 2x2x4 box... 250w HPS with a 170CFM fan right on top pulling through that carbon filter. 
just 1x3 framing and 1/2 inch ply, painted flat white.

If I had it super dialed in I could have 2-4 plants and produce 3-4 ounces per harvest.
Only had a couple grows with it and I'm already looking forward to going the route those other guys were talking about:    4x4 or better, 600w, good ventilation.

If you're handy I'd just build it out with 2x4s and sheetrock...  Or you could make your own 'tent' too with panda sheeting and some pvc or hang it from the ceiling or something... Everything you do now you'll thank yourself for when you've got your girls to worry about.

Offlineweedgrwr
CrzyAsian

Loc: Europe Flag
Re: HELP! Need info on making a grow box [Re: DudeTron]
    #481404 - 09/23/10 07:12 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

DudeTron said:

Here's a shitty pic of my 2x2x4 box... 250w HPS with a 170CFM fan right on top pulling through that carbon filter. 
just 1x3 framing and 1/2 inch ply, painted flat white.

If I had it super dialed in I could have 2-4 plants and produce 3-4 ounces per harvest.
Only had a couple grows with it and I'm already looking forward to going the route those other guys were talking about:    4x4 or better, 600w, good ventilation.

If you're handy I'd just build it out with 2x4s and sheetrock...  Or you could make your own 'tent' too with panda sheeting and some pvc or hang it from the ceiling or something... Everything you do now you'll thank yourself for when you've got your girls to worry about.

PVC works miracles man

deff reccomend you use it for holding up a DIY grow tent

--------------------
"Never fight with a pig - you both get dirty and the pig enjoys it." Ditch the dealer. Learn how to grow weed <3 The Herb.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder