Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
Indifference
    #453499 - 07/31/10 12:38 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I have found that as I have aged I am really kind of indifferent on things a lot of the time.  Mostly I talk of the small things in life, what color shirt to wear, with what pants, where to eat, what to eat, what movie to watch.  I'm just kind of a go with the flow kind of guy these days.  I find myself acting this way at work too.  I mean, between all of you and me, i don't really give a fuck about my job, i just don't want to lose the income it provides.  So I am wondering if this has all been a byproduct of my many years of cannabis enjoyment, OR if it is just reflective of an attitude shift about what IS truly important in the world.  Anyone else feel any of this from time to time or all the time?

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDungenessDank
Lord of the Flies

Loc: PNW
Re: Indifference [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #453501 - 07/31/10 12:40 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I think it comes with age, you realize some shit is just :wayshegoes:

OfflineRevThad
Bishop of Buds
Male

Loc: Church of Cannabis
    #453504 - 07/31/10 12:51 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I can completely understand and agree with what you are saying.  I think it is one of those things that happens with us getting older and experiencing so few things for the first time any more.

You know sort of the way time seems to fly now, compared to 20 years ago.  It is a relative thing, at age 18 most things are still new and fresh and a summer seems to last forever.  At 40 (almost there now), having experienced all of that new and fresh stuff it doesn't grab the same type of excitement it did back then.  Summers seem like they are only a couple of weeks long.  So we start focusing on the little things that we didn't notice before, or at least didn't pay much attention to.

At 18 we ate whatever was available or whatever would fill us up as quickly as possible so we could get back to the exciting stuff, no need to worry about flavor or what it would do to our bodies.  Now that we are older we start to realize we aren't immortal and need to take care of our bodies, so we eat based on that knowledge.  With flavor being the most important part.  Anyways, I think you know where I am headed with that.

I have definitely become indifferent and almost apathetic towards many things that just don't seem as important as they did when I was younger and idealistic.

Damn I am turning into my father. :wink:

--------------------
As the Lord finished his work on the 6th day he looked back at all that he created. The Lord sampled some of that fine herb that he placed all around the world.  The stativas inspired him and he created the platypus. Realizing that he was stoned off his ass, he put down the tools and took another mighty toke from the heavenly bong and became couchlocked for the entire 7th day.

Hmmm... or something like that.

OfflineKilroy
old stoner
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Cold as Hell Flag
Re: Indifference [Re: RevThad]
    #453512 - 07/31/10 12:59 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I think it comes with age, you figure out that not everything is worth getting worked up over.

--------------------
Just smoke a bowl and get over your self
We are human beings first everything else is second

You can not hold anything I post against me for I am delusional

InvisibleFarBeyondDriven
Truthfully, I'm a bullshitter
Male User Gallery

Loc: Greenbow, Alabama
    #453515 - 07/31/10 01:02 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

FurrowedBrow said:
I have found that as I have aged I am really kind of indifferent on things a lot of the time.  Mostly I talk of the small things in life, what color shirt to wear, with what pants, where to eat, what to eat, what movie to watch.  I'm just kind of a go with the flow kind of guy these days.  I find myself acting this way at work too.  I mean, between all of you and me, i don't really give a fuck about my job, i just don't want to lose the income it provides.  So I am wondering if this has all been a byproduct of my many years of cannabis enjoyment, OR if it is just reflective of an attitude shift about what IS truly important in the world.  Anyone else feel any of this from time to time or all the time?

:thumbup:

I hear you bro 100%

--------------------

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Loc: No where ville, USA Flag
Re: Indifference [Re: Kilroy]
    #453525 - 07/31/10 01:11 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

FurrowedBrow said:

Quote:

Kilroy said:
I think it comes with age, you figure out that not everything is worth getting worked up over.

I with yall on this.  It truly must be an age thing. 
My title speaks loudly.
DILLIGAF!

InvisibleFarBeyondDriven
Truthfully, I'm a bullshitter
Male User Gallery

Loc: Greenbow, Alabama
Re: Indifference [Re: Stoneth]
    #453528 - 07/31/10 01:17 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

:rofl:

That comes from all the weed you smoke, well and your oldness too :lol:

--------------------

OfflineFarmer Joe
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA Flag
Re: Indifference [Re: FarBeyondDriven]
    #453700 - 07/31/10 05:02 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

You know I found myself wondering this while back. I had to quit smokin for a bit...and all I experienced was a small (minute) increase in energy. That's all. 

I share a similiar outlook on life and wondered if it would change during my break from mj and I can honestly say that the absence of the plant had no effect on my personality or decision making process.....for me at least.  So I don't think it's cannabis use...at least for most people.

--------------------
"Marijuana may not be addictive, but growing it is" - ED Rosenthal

Maine Caregiver In 100% compliance with Maine state laws.

InvisibleiStoner
Astral Beast
Male

Re: Indifference [Re: Farmer Joe]
    #453767 - 07/31/10 09:34 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

im sure from years of drug use, you get a different midset from all the different thinking they make you do. I think it has changed you and most people in a positive way though.
Old age helps alittle to though, :vaped:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom