Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinethe man

more hours at end of flowering?
    #452645 - 07/28/10 09:07 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

eh guys anyone ever try or have an opinion on turning the day light hours up  in last week or so of flowering to really faten up teh buds? im sure it might lengthen flower time but increase yield. is it worth doing electricity wise and will it stall/herm the plant with that stress??  thanks!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinehisheater
trigger man
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: more hours at end of flowering? [Re: the man]
    #452703 - 07/28/10 10:12 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I don't know but the other day I bumped up my lighting from 128W to 400W (same light cycle) and the plants looked like they were going back into veg. The bud smoked rough as well. Was also at the end of the flowering cycle. Hope this helps!

--------------------
They call them fingers but I never see them fing... Oh wait, there they go.
-----------------------------------------------
Doo Yoo Hookah???

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #452747 - 07/29/10 12:03 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

well technically the plant would never actually finish flowering. It would revert to veg and you'd just completely fuck everything up. What gave you the idea this was a good plan?

--------------------

Offlinethe man

Re: more hours at end of flowering? [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #452762 - 07/29/10 02:12 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

well im not saying right to 20 hours but from 12 to maybe 14 or somethin. more light just means more bigger er.

actually in the grow guide from this site it says you can get plants almost done and then finish them outside no matter the light cycle which could be good for bigger buds from the sun and maybe longer hours. also mentions changing hours near finish aswell. obv there is a reason you dont hear of people doing it, just curious if anyone has tried.

InvisibleNightGrower
Proficient Horticulturist
Male

#452799 - 07/29/10 08:56 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Harry_Ba11sach said:
well technically the plant would never actually finish flowering. It would revert to veg and you'd just completely fuck everything up. What gave you the idea this was a good plan?

To the point.

--------------------
Learn of Terence Mckenna. Check out the Shroomery to learn more about what one man did for mushies. Thank you, Terence.

InvisibleNightGrower
Male

Re: more hours at end of flowering? [Re: NightGrower]
    #452800 - 07/29/10 08:58 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

since it seems you are trying to achieve a better yield, consider complete darkness for the last 24-48 hrs and watch as the trichomes pop out at ya! Im afraid the opposite doesn't work

--------------------
Learn of Terence Mckenna. Check out the Shroomery to learn more about what one man did for mushies. Thank you, Terence.

Offlinethe man

#452818 - 07/29/10 10:15 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

trichomes and bud size are different things

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #452825 - 07/29/10 10:39 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

well lengthening the amount of light they receive near harvest will only sabotage your efforts

--------------------

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Loc: No where ville, USA Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #452827 - 07/29/10 10:45 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

NightGrower said:
since it seems you are trying to achieve a better yield, consider complete darkness for the last 24-48 hrs and watch as the trichomes pop out at ya! Im afraid the opposite doesn't work

I've done this a few times now, and all I can say is it seems to be just more BS.

Offlinethe man

#452828 - 07/29/10 10:51 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Harry_Ba11sach said:
well lengthening the amount of light they receive near harvest will only sabotage your efforts

kind of what i figured, i imagine there is a pheno or 2 out there that you could do this with, maybe a touch of auto or somethin in the genes which would be cool.

neato gang

OfflineLucid
Monster Plant Creator
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada-ish. Flag
    #452833 - 07/29/10 11:24 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

NightGrower said:

Harry you ever tried this? Is there any truth this this at all?

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: more hours at end of flowering? [Re: Lucid]
    #452837 - 07/29/10 11:28 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I have tried it. The end product was delicious, very potent and covered in trichs, just like every other grow I've done whether I do that or not.

:shrug: very hard to get conclusive evidence to be honest. Every harvest my stuff looks pretty damn good so I have a pretty hard time saying whether or not the dark period will help or not. I've heard a bunch of other experienced growers in Colorado claim this is amazing and that they've seen improvement with their very own eyes though so I'd call it likely beneficial in the end.

Something I'd like to add though, I consider the 12 hours of light right before harvest essential for finishing the flush. If the plants aren't photosynthesizing then they have no reason to consume the extra nutrients and other foods stored in their leaves and I think this may be detrimental to the completeness of the flush. Also, they might be growing still, but by consuming sugars stored from photosynthesis which may negatively impact taste. Granted, this is all speculation, but it makes sense to me.

--------------------

InvisibleNightGrower
Male

#452844 - 07/29/10 12:24 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Harry_Ba11sach said:
I have tried it. The end product was delicious, very potent and covered in trichs, just like every other grow I've done whether I do that or not.

:shrug: very hard to get conclusive evidence to be honest. Every harvest my stuff looks pretty damn good so I have a pretty hard time saying whether or not the dark period will help or not. I've heard a bunch of other experienced growers in Colorado claim this is amazing and that they've seen improvement with their very own eyes though so I'd call it likely beneficial in the end.

Something I'd like to add though, I consider the 12 hours of light right before harvest essential for finishing the flush. If the plants aren't photosynthesizing then they have no reason to consume the extra nutrients and other foods stored in their leaves and I think this may be detrimental to the completeness of the flush. Also, they might be growing still, but by consuming sugars stored from photosynthesis which may negatively impact taste. Granted, this is all speculation, but it makes sense to me.

Forgive me if I misunderstood the information I read about an elongated dark period at the end of flowering, I was told that it does NOT increase THC, merely increasing the size of the trichome heads, AND increases CBD and other couch-lock high qualities, good for white strains as they seem to benefit the most from this.

Again, I didn't do the tests, just paraphrasing the results.

I would love to know if there is any validity to this, or any other method of increasing yield as they seem to be speculative for the most part.

2cents

--------------------

Offlinewholesheet
Stranger
    #452904 - 07/29/10 06:07 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

MOST PLANTS CAN HANDLE MORE LIGHT THAN JUST 12 AND STILL FLOWER. I GO 13 MOST ALL THE TIME... BUT SLOWLY MOVE IT BACK

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: more hours at end of flowering? [Re: wholesheet]
    #453027 - 07/29/10 11:54 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

oh for the love of god turn off your caps lock. You've made 5 posts like that and it's starting to get a little obscene

--------------------

Offlinewholesheet
Stranger
    #453136 - 07/30/10 12:35 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

sorry don't wanna get on anyones bad side or nerves.. i don't think about it... i'll try to keep them off... obscene    huh.. (made me laugh)

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: more hours at end of flowering? [Re: wholesheet]
    #453273 - 07/30/10 07:07 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

ha, I just seemed like you're freaking out and yelling at us

--------------------

Offlinewholesheet
Stranger
    #453320 - 07/30/10 09:51 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

not me just happy to be hear.. i feel ya ..

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains