Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblemaryanne3087
Stranger
Trusted Cultivator
Re: New here, trying to get started. [Re: MushrooMan420]
    #452268 - 07/28/10 08:45 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

I disagree with you both, I am quite certain that high humidity for am INDOOR Vegetating/Flowering plants will not solve any heat problem, instead I would think that it would limit the plant's ability to absorb CO2 and cause mold issues.

Nevertheless, outside you can find weed plants that grow native in climates as hot as 90F.  But that is a "genetic" trait!

To solve this dispute, Charlie what strain are you growing???

Again, I didn't say high humidity solves heat problems. I merely said you can successfully grow in conditions with seemingly high humidity and heat depending on the strain. I further explained that sativas and sativa in structure hybrids will tolerate high heat(Easily 90F+) and humidity(70RH) whereas indicas will tolerate heat(Easily 90F) and moderate humidity(50-60RH).  High temperatures just simply aren't the issue with mold, high humidity alone could be an issue if you're either over 70% or growing a very thick indica. High humidity and LOW temperatures are even so more likely to cause mold.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSmOakland
Now with Grow!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oaktown to NOLA
    #452315 - 07/28/10 10:09 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

MushrooMan420 said:
Do you expose your INDOOR Flowering/Veg. plants to 90F?

Just because a plant gets too hot and plants close their stomata does not negatively effect the plant except that it slows growth.  The plant would not be "shocked".  And yes, ideal it is strain dependent.  Many hybrids can thrive outdoors in climates that average 85 degrees and reach temperatures of 100+ degrees for weeks at a time.

OfflineCharlieD123
Stranger

#452516 - 07/28/10 03:25 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I'd just like to say to those who jacked my thread for some crazy arg. that i don't have any heat problems anymore anyway. I have uprgaded my lighting system to a 400w 5" cool tube linked up to 5" inline extractor + carb filter, so it's all good. And I see no problem with having no CO2 at such an early stage.
Quote:

MushrooMan420 said:
Charlie what strain are you growing???

5 different strains 1 plant scrog at a time, going for loadsa bonzia bushes :grin: Using Green House Seed Company, 5 feminised indica seeds.

Invisiblemaryanne3087
Stranger
Trusted Cultivator
Re: New here, trying to get started. [Re: SmOakland]
    #452653 - 07/28/10 09:17 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

SmOakland said:
Quote:

MushrooMan420 said:
Do you expose your INDOOR Flowering/Veg. plants to 90F?

Just because a plant gets too hot and plants close their stomata does not negatively effect the plant except that it slows growth.  The plant would not be "shocked".  And yes, ideal it is strain dependent.  Many hybrids can thrive outdoors in climates that average 85 degrees and reach temperatures of 100+ degrees for weeks at a time.

My friends grow with high plant counts some @ 20 per 1kw light or 4x4 area with training some with 80-100 plants in a 4x4 or 4x5 area (Sea of Green). Genetics and canopy density are the limiting factors of yield for them. Only so much bud can grow under 1 light in so much space. Any variance in yield is minimal regardless of conditions. The only concern with environment they ever have would be if the environment contributes to loss of yield from moldy buds that need be discarded.

It's fairly obvious MushMan's argument is based off of limited experience in the garden or strictly rehashed text from some horticulture guide. Limited in the sense that given his statements I see it's obvious assuming he grows that he hasn't seen a variety of strains grown in a variety of environments, doesn't keep records, or doesn't know the specifics of his environment. Saying something that is ridiculous to anyone who has grown and seen cannabis (multiple varieties) thrive under different environments something along the lines of 84F max man *snarl* your weedzz will get shocked man.

Where I live there was a heatwave where my friends indoor temps were at 95F avg often exceeding 100F during the day (actual sunlight day) he grows in DWC and grows perpetually as he has multiple small(relatively small) rooms. DWC, NFT, and Aeroponics are the least forgiving systems in regard to heat and his plants were fine during this time, one room was in very late flower which is the most dangerous for root rot. The plants in vegetative and early flowering (first 1-2weeks) were doing exceptional. Granted, the rootzone temps were cooler than this, as the reservoirs are on the floor in the basement the rootzone temps were averaging 80-83F. Since the optimal temps for rootzone are 70-72F... what does this say?

Don't rehash the books you read. Growing cannabis has 2 leagues, the ones who smoke primo pot all day long in the real world and those who drive million dollar cars, fuck super models, and like to point out so called facts stated in books. Book smarts are great, knowing how specific plants behave under any given environment is better.

Cheers!

OfflineSmOakland
Now with Grow!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oaktown to NOLA
Re: New here, trying to get started. [Re: maryanne3087]
    #452862 - 07/29/10 01:54 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

:toast:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds