Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinehhll
Stranger
First time on site, question and picture of my plant inside
    #445036 - 07/11/10 08:14 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

whats good, first time on the site and just had some questions regarding my first plant. Found a seed in my buddies nug and decided to plant him and see if he got anywhere. I will be getting a better light and make some sort of ventilation of its gonna make it.

Anyways, a buddy of mine was telling me my plants stem is to small and it may not make it. this true?

Also, I saw a lot of sites saying something about a 5+ gallon bucket when going into veg. Is it possible to get away with something a little smaller? and if not, is it possible to have a lower and wider box for soil opposed to the tall and deep bucket?

sorry for quality, only had my cell right now and this thing is garbage. Here she(hopefully) is:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinecritik
Closet Monsters!
Male User Gallery

Re: First time on site, question and picture of my plant inside [Re: hhll]
    #445044 - 07/11/10 08:39 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Welcome to the site! Well first off You don't want to call it a he Your hoping its a She!

Ok and The plant doesn't look that bad it has a little stretch which I am sure is due to lack of light but you said your getting better lights so that's a +. What I mean by stretch is your plant is real tall and leaves are real small its stretching and looking for light.

Now next thing its already in the veg stage If I am right they start vegging when they Sprout and You can veg it in something smaller for quite a bit of time I am sure Trust me You can veg in Beer cups For A Nice bit of time.

--------------------

"you know, when you want something really bad and you close your eyes and you wish for it? God's the guy that ignores you"
"I got something that will fit in that hole... its right here in my pocket"
"Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?"

Offlinehhll
Stranger
Re: First time on site, question and picture of my plant inside [Re: critik]
    #445053 - 07/11/10 09:08 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

haha right on, thanks for response man!

does the light have to be fluorescent? we've got it in a closet, the space is about 4 feet high, 5 feet wide. Whats the smallest light fixture I could get in there to still be viable. I see so many different views on lighting, a lot suggest some $400+ systems that I am not down for.

Offlinecritik
Closet Monsters!
Male User Gallery

#445085 - 07/11/10 10:34 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Well you are a beginner I am 2 kind of I Have learned quite a Bit I think. But if you look at my First grow that failed cause of over watering  I have a new grow And I use CFl's(Compact Fluorescent lights).
Those are what I would recommend If you don't want to buy a HPS or MH light. Look at my little setup.

Now I will be adding more light once my plants get a little bigger but for now this will do fine for vegging in the first few weeks.

As you can see I have 2 White 65k spectrum lights and 2 27k spectrum lights They say only use the 65k spectrum when vegging which are the bright ones you see but Inverted says hes used the 27k which is the soft white looking one to veg and flower there mainly for flowering tho I will have a bunch more of those with higher wattage's when flower time comes.

--------------------

"you know, when you want something really bad and you close your eyes and you wish for it? God's the guy that ignores you"
"Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?"

Offlinehhll
Stranger
    #445125 - 07/12/10 12:28 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Hahaha damn man, that set up is awesome. I'm definitely going to go this route. And thanks for clearing up all the light issues, but do you have to go to a certain place to get the correct bulbs and adapters or just a home depot?

Are you gonna bring in another electrical outlet for flowering as well? and I see the foil everywhere, what are the benefits of it?

Offlinecritik
Closet Monsters!
Male User Gallery

#445128 - 07/12/10 12:48 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Yes I will be getting another power surge to install in there with more lights but when flower time comes I am just gonna hang lights down above the plants like a bunch of them. I got the little light bulb fixtures at Lowes and Ive seen this method done before with higher wattage bulbs so it should be ok.

But Make sure its like a heavy duty power surge My friends for some reason melted I do not know why.

And it isn't foil not aluminum foil at least its just some cheap 1 dollar reflector wrapping paper you can get it at dollar general or family dollar or some other dollar stores.

--------------------

Offlinecritik
Closet Monsters!
Male User Gallery

#445130 - 07/12/10 12:50 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Remember tho put something on the back side of the lights you doit this way notice the mason jar lids. You don't want anything burning.

--------------------

Offlinecritik
Closet Monsters!
Male User Gallery

#445135 - 07/12/10 12:53 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Also the plant in the blue keg cup looks to have some major stretch

--------------------

Offlineweezy420
Stranger

#445806 - 07/13/10 09:47 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

mine looked like that when they were young, and theyre big and tall now...look no different than a "normal" plan IMO

Offlinecritik
Closet Monsters!
Male User Gallery

Re: First time on site, question and picture of my plant inside [Re: weezy420]
    #445936 - 07/13/10 01:49 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Well there def stretch. in a week or 2 ill show u my plant. at the same age as his

--------------------

Offlinehhll
Stranger
    #446011 - 07/13/10 05:29 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

yeah the plant in the blue cup was dropped and soil spilled everywhere, i just chucked it because this one light isn't enough for all of them I am guessing.

when you say you're going to be hanging more lights down in flowering will you be using the same power surge combination.

and i noticed your bulbs are to the side, does it matter if they are facing down or have their sides to it? also can lights be set up on the sides of my plant or do they need to be shinning down.

Offlinecritik
Closet Monsters!
Male User Gallery

#446041 - 07/13/10 06:30 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Well I think more light is spreaded when there to the side ill show u what im going to do look.
http://www.growery.org/forums/usergallery.php?gallery=819

3rd picture with the cfls hanging down although he has a hps on top of all that i beleive.

--------------------

Offlinehhll
Stranger
    #446222 - 07/14/10 10:53 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

right on, thanks for all the pictures and help man I really appreciate it. I noticed on that guys set up it looks like 3 lights for a couple of plants? how many is necessary for 1 plant

Offlinecritik
Closet Monsters!
Male User Gallery

#446258 - 07/14/10 11:57 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Well what your not seeing is the big light above all I think its like a 150 watt Hps light you just cant see it. The Cfl's were put there to just give em some extra light.

But id say get at least 150 watts of light per plant if you can. but for vegging get the 6500k spectrum which is the real bright light

and when you switch to flowering get the 2700k soft white spectrum.

And get CFL's dont get regular light bulbs

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds