Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Mistakes I've made from not researching,is it too late? [Re: DelBoycie]
    #440709 - 07/01/10 06:46 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Good luck!  My money is on a harvest full of seeds though. 

Quote:

So I got advice to castrate the plant and trick it into thinking it doesn't need to grow them. I did that and now she's all woman.:thumbup:

Can you explain that a bit more?  Or share the source of where that advice came from?  By castrating you mean just picking the staminate off the plant?  They don't just grow at the nodes ya know.  They will pop up anywhere a normal calyx would be.  that also means deep down inside of the buds later on.  Those you wont be able to see.  You could spend all day every day looking at a single hermi'd plant and remove every ball you found i bet you'd still end up with a bunch of seeds.  Also, you don't always have to learn the lesson the hard way OR through your own experience for that matter.  The best thing you can do is read around and learn from the mistakes others have made.  This might be one of them.  we shall see.  But i really hope im wrong and you get nothing but great sensimilla.

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDelBoycie

Re: Mistakes I've made from not researching,is it too late? [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #442064 - 07/05/10 03:22 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Cheers.:thumbup:

Well I was told to just pick off the balls and keep doing it and maybe the plant would just stop making them as it's wasting its time.

It's good to hope anyway. We'll see.

It's weird,the plant that I posted in that crinkly,curled leaves thread is budding the nicest out of them all so far. It's growth is stunted but it's looking nice,many hairs and starting to bloom a bit.

All the others are really slow blooming. Is there anything I can do to improve that? I already switched to bio bloom feed. The plants are still growing away and the stems are getting thicker each day but I just feel the buds are slow in coming on. I was told to expect about an ounce from each one but I just can't really see it happening...

Cheers in advance for any tips anyone can give me.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds