Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinekickin-two-hundo
|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅| ♪♫♪♫♪♫
Male User Gallery

Loc: afghanistan
question about sprouting seeds
    #436962 - 06/24/10 02:34 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

I planted two seeds in cups one of them 5 days ago and one 3 days ago and still nothing. They were germed in paper towels. The one had like a quarter inch tap root, and the other one had like an 1/8 of an inch tap root, are they dead, or just slow or what? will they break the surface?!  :bucktoothfattygangsta:

*EDIT*:That was supposed to read 5 days, kinda looked like it said 15 days.

--------------------
The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.

anything and everything i post on here is completely fictional and come straight from the deepest depths of the black hole which is my mind.

Edited by cicken200 (06/24/10 02:56 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Star Flag
Re: question about sprouting seeds [Re: kickin-two-hundo]
    #436968 - 06/24/10 02:42 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Use a toothpick and do some careful investigation.  They generally need some warmth to get them going.  I hope they didn't dry out on you.

--------------------
Don't criticize what you can't understand

Offlinekickin-two-hundo
Male User Gallery

Re: question about sprouting seeds [Re: Inverted]
    #436976 - 06/24/10 02:54 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

no ive been keeping them moist, lol okay so at first i had a bag on one and ceran wrap on the other, then i put the ceran wrap on both, and now i took the ceran wrap off both and put them into a big dark rubbermaid container with the lid on, it is sitting on a heating pad, and i sprayed in it a few times to get the humidity up. Okay the temp on the bottom is 94 with humidity at 85 percent and up at the top of the cups is 84 degress with 96% humidity. I just moved them into this dark box tho, i had them under the light next to my other plant :wow: , didnt realize they were supposed to be in darkness till the cotyldons appear..  :whatever:

--------------------

anything and everything i post on here is completely fictional and come straight from the deepest depths of the black hole which is my mind.

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

#436995 - 06/24/10 03:29 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Ummm what are you talking about.  I germinate all of my seeds and IMMEDIATELY put them under the lights.  How do you think the sun works?

--------------------

Offlinekickin-two-hundo
Male User Gallery

#437002 - 06/24/10 03:38 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

well thats what i thought, but i read somewhere in the jorge cervantes marijuana horticuluture book that you're supposed to put the seeds in darkness while germinating. They are germinated, but have not sprouted, so in my mind they are still germinating which = still having them in a dark place.

plus if they dont have the light over the soil, it won't dry out and i won't have to keep spraying it.

--------------------

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

#437005 - 06/24/10 03:47 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

That's where you are confused, germinated means that moisture has reached the embryo?  (I think) which causes it to swell and crack the seed coat.  It will continue on to a seedling pending the right conditions.  It should only take a day or two once the seed is germinated before it pops the soil.  My bet is you planted them too deep and it can't break the surface.

Look for yourself with a toothpick you won't kill it unless you are just a complete idiot and snap the taproot off.

--------------------

Offlinekickin-two-hundo
Male User Gallery

#437007 - 06/24/10 03:50 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

i know for sure theyre not too deep, i actually planted one so shallow that i can see the top of it through the soil. there not deep at all, i plant twice the width of the seed. idk im gonna give them another week before i go pokin around in there, cuz i would probably fuck somethin up. i just planted two good seeds from seedbanks in two other cups today, if they pop up before the other two then i will do some investigating. thanks for the input tho mang!

--------------------

Offlinekickin-two-hundo
Male User Gallery

#437546 - 06/25/10 10:21 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

okay so i took ur advice and did some investigating, what i found was that the one i planted first with the half inch root had rotted, idk how. the root pretty much just mushed right off, and the seed was filled with a lime green gooey substance. im to scared to poke around the other one. and the two good seeds from the seedbanks i just put into mediums yesterday, but im worried that the same thing might happen.

Can someone please post a detailed description/pictures of how they go from germinated seeds to planted seeds to sprouts???

--------------------

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

#437562 - 06/25/10 10:42 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah you had the soil too moist...  I basically take potting soil right out of the bag, mist it and mix it up so its only slightly moist, seeds seem to search out the moisture better and I have not lost a seed to rot since.  I used to have that problem quite a bit.  If you already put those 2 seeds in the same environment I would take them out immediately and put them in a medium that isn't so wet.  As long as the very top 1/2 " of soil doesn't get bone dry, you will be fine.  I mist the top each day, but I also use CFL's to create heat to speed up the germination which evaporates the moisture off at a rapidly increased rate.

--------------------

Offlinekickin-two-hundo
Male User Gallery

#437634 - 06/25/10 02:42 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK FUCK FUCK. THATS MEANS THE OTHER ONES DEAD AND THE TWO I JUST PLANTED WERE IN VERMICULITE SO THEY'RE GONNA DIE TOO. FUCK

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds