Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineJezzacob
Stranger
Need some MEGA tips.
    #431998 - 06/12/10 10:09 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Okay so i just recently planted some germnated seeds... Outside. I have dug a hole a filled the hole with soil. The average temp is 26C so like 75 or 76F... Now heres where the trouble starts, the place has alot of bugs, but nuffin like serious..i think, so far all i have seen is Flies, mosquitos, and ants, alot of ants. Well these little guys effect my plant? and if so should i just replant some where else or is it too late?

I have very little tools, I have Soil.. Water... a Fence to stop bigger animals like cats,dogs,deer etc...

Also sense i can't go to the plant that often ( twice a week i will water it and twice my friend will) i was thinking i can like get a 2L bottle and fill it with water and poke a hole in it with a thumb tac and let the water slowly drip out for the plant.

Will this work?

Any help would be great. Thanks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleT-Rex
Herbsman
Male User Gallery

Loc: Devils Marbles Flag
Re: Need some MEGA tips. [Re: Jezzacob]
    #432049 - 06/13/10 04:35 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Welcome to the growery!

To my knowledge Ants don't harm plants, but Flies and Mosquitoes are fine.

If you are going to put up a fence make sure its not too visible, maybe even collect some shrubbery and scatter it around the grow area or something, you can never be too careful with a guerrilla grow IMO.

Not too sure 2l every 2days will be enough, you want to make sure the soil is moist but not wet, and if its dry then obviously its thirsty and you would need to water it more. You might want to get some nutes for your plant as well.

--------------------

OfflineInbred_gimp
Herb Connesuir
Male User Gallery

Loc: Beyond the wall of sleep
Re: Need some MEGA tips. [Re: T-Rex]
    #432062 - 06/13/10 07:17 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

they can cause mealybugs to come and could potentially be a vector for diseases, i think they are more a problem when sowing ungerminated seeds though because they can carry them away. watch out for two spotted mite on underside of leaves and whiteflys, Some simple pyretherum, chilli and garlic spray should deal with whitefly if you spot them two spotted mite might need something a little stronger :wink:

oh and i think you should speak to people who have done guerilla grows about your watering problem shouldnt be too hard to find whos done a successful one with the search function.

:jah:

Good luck

--------------------

OfflineGuerillaWarFarm
Stranger
Re: Need some MEGA tips. [Re: Inbred_gimp]
    #442657 - 07/06/10 08:05 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

I'm not a pro-grower or anything but I have Guerilla Gardened for 3 years now.

Almost everything in your grow op will depend on the spot. The sunlight shouldn't be too bad of a problem but I usually try for at least 4 or 5 hours of direct sunlight in the late morning/early afternoon hours. I'm not sure if it really matters with weed but it's just something to keep in mind.
As for your water - It depends on if theres a water source nearby. A few 2-liter bottles brought to the spot cumulatively can help a lot if theres a nearby water source. If not, then you will have to bring your own water which might increase waste at the spot (but please try not to). Depending on where you live, if it rains a lot you might not even have to water very often. I would not however, do the slow dripping thing. It's unnecessary to go through so much effort just to water it. What I do is I water it until the soil is slightly puddled, then I wait until the puddle is just wet soil, then I water again until a slight puddle, again and again until either the puddle stays or i run out of water.

some helpful tips: look up nutrient deficiencies, and pay attention to stage of the plant. If you don't want seeds, make sure to weed out the male plants. If there are critters such as rabbits or deer eating your plants, spray the area with animal blood. They'll get the message. If you see someone near the spot, act casual. Don't jeopardize your grow op because somebody is near your plants but there are a few things I have found that will usually deter pesky plant thiefs. If you are really paranoid a few shotgun shells around the area of your plant will definitely ward off those who are already slightly paranoid. If you see Cessna in the sky - run for cover. You never know what they're doing up there.

Another key thing to remember is to NEVER. LEAVE. A. TRAIL.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom