Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineJRC
Stranger
 User Gallery

some tiny spots, any thoughts on this??
    #327448 - 12/05/09 04:51 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Overall these plants look healthy but I am curious about some tiny spots of orange or green on the older early single leaves.  Plants are still just two weeks old.

fox farm soil : ph- 6.7
rain water : ph - 7.0-7.1
light : 6 cfls as close as possible 1-2 inches. 
temp range : 75-80
humidity: 35- 55% range

thank you every one

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: some tiny spots, any thoughts on this?? [Re: JRC]
    #327595 - 12/05/09 09:37 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Have you checked the underside of your leaves??  It almost looks like mite damage to me.

How much water are you giving those guys??  The soil looks very wet in those pictures.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

OfflineJRC
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: some tiny spots, any thoughts on this?? [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #327667 - 12/06/09 10:05 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

I have been giving them a good watering once a day, and I have been misting the plants through out the day as I check in on them, nothing too much, just to raise the humidity.  At the time I took this pic I think I just put a little fresh soil on top and watered them so that is why it probably looks very wet.

I've looked under the leaves but I'll look again and keep an eye out.  Are mites something that I'll only be able to see with a magnifying glass?

Overall the spots seem to be only on the lowest single tip leafs.  The new growth is looking healthy. 

Thanks for your comments.

InvisibleSalviaNshrooms9090
Buddhist Monk
Male

Loc: Peru
    #327672 - 12/06/09 10:30 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

nah youll see the mites tiny tiny little things you have to look very very close your plant looks good i dont see that being a problem.. as long as your plant grows and those spots dont get bigger just let it go.. btw you may be overwatering and dont mist it throughout the day... and it looks like you should transplant into a bigger pot soon..

OfflineTomCollins

Re: some tiny spots, any thoughts on this?? [Re: SalviaNshrooms9090]
    #327675 - 12/06/09 10:39 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah, you'll know if you have mites. Especially when your plant is that big!

--------------------
andyistic said:
Ok so let me bring you idiots up to speed.
The admins are tired of this shitfest being made the joke of the weed community on the Internet.

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: some tiny spots, any thoughts on this?? [Re: TomCollins]
    #327687 - 12/06/09 11:17 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

and it looks like you should transplant into a bigger pot soon..

Yep, if that's a styrofoam cup I'd look into transplanting into a bigger container.  At two weeks your plant can go into a 4 inch pot and sit there for a while.

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: some tiny spots, any thoughts on this?? [Re: coda]
    #327794 - 12/06/09 06:04 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

You shouldn't be having to water those every day.  Your probably giving those guys too much.

Keep a look out on the undersides of all the leaves, if you have mites you will see these little black specks.  They are very visible with the naked eye.  Good luck man and keep us posted.

--------------------

-niteowl

OfflineAzyle00
Captain Canada
Male

Loc: CANADA
    #327873 - 12/06/09 09:43 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

I had a similar issue.  It was over watering.  Looked very similar to your plants.

I transplanted them into good soil, 3 gallon pots and stopped over watering.

Also, keep an eye out for small black flies, fungus gnats around them.  I also had this as well when I had the spot issue.  But I do not think fungus gnats would normally harm a larger healthy plant, but possibly a smaller younger one, like mine and yours.

But primarily I suspect overwatering of the root cause of the problem when I had it.

--------------------
"I never post unless high.  Well that does explain a lot then."

"The best part about going to sleep each night is knowing that my plants will have grown more when I wake up in the morning."

"I smoked it then I became so tired that my eyes shut down automatically without my consent" - My Chinese GF, Oct 23, 2009 :smile:

Starting your first GROW, things you should ask/answer before you do

Current Grow Journal

OfflineJRC
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: some tiny spots, any thoughts on this?? [Re: Azyle00]
    #327987 - 12/07/09 08:52 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

here are some pics of the underside of one of the spotted leafs.  You will notice a small tan speck of something.  I wiped it off the leaf with my thumb and looked closer it didn't appear to be a pest maybe just some debris from the fan blowing soil around.  Same with the black specks- I think its just dirt in the picture.  any way i wiped it all off.

I am going to move them to bigger pots today.  I have fox farm soil.  I also make my own compost on my property and I was thinking about mixing my compost 50/50 with the fox farm to add more organic matter. Is this not worth doing/necessary with fox farm ocean forest? so far they have been in cups with just the fox farm.

thanks.

InvisibleSalviaNshrooms9090
Buddhist Monk
Male

Loc: Peru
    #327995 - 12/07/09 09:26 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

just use the fox farm its perfect soil no need to add any other stuff too it... eventually youll need nutes.. and dont make the same mistake i did when transplanting lol.. dont desturb the roots..!!

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: some tiny spots, any thoughts on this?? [Re: SalviaNshrooms9090]
    #328421 - 12/07/09 10:21 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Those things look kinda like larvae to me.....

--------------------

OfflineJRC
Stranger
 User Gallery

#328483 - 12/08/09 12:22 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Hi

Yea those are what I was worried about.  I wiped them off and gave them a really close inspection, but I don't know what they were.  I do have a pretty strong fan on them even at a lo setting. But anyways I wiped the leaf clean and the leafs remain clear and clean underneath.

I just transplanted two cups in to bigger pots. They seem to be growing well.  They look healthy but just a little droopy- I think still recuperating from a slight over watering.  What is a typical watering schedule?  Once a day, once every two days? or just went the soil feels dry an inch or so deep?  I was doing it once a day but you were all correct in saying that was probably too much, but I still notice the surface soil dries out in a day, but when I stick my finger in its still cool, not necessarily wet but cool, slightly damp.

OfflineJRC
Stranger
 User Gallery

#328484 - 12/08/09 12:24 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

tomorrow I am going to buy more bigger pots for my third transplant.  I'm also going to get a magnifying glass so I can get a good look at the leafs to make sure there are not any pests or larvae. 

and I'll post some pics of my transplants. 

Thank you everyone for your continued help/ advice.

OfflineJRC
Stranger
 User Gallery

#328508 - 12/08/09 01:49 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Here are my post transplant pictures : I transplanted two bag seed plants in to these bigger 6" pots.  The Hash Plant in the pictures will be transplanted tomorrow.

The plants are a little depressed from over water I think.  Some of those bigger bottom leafs are curling and such at the edges. So I assume the best thing to do is leave them and let them settle in.

I noticed on my hash plant (which looks much more perky than the other two) has a tiny cut in it.  This could of been from me looking under the leaves but I don't think so.  So maybe some kind of pest?

Here are the pics, thank you.

Bag Seed #1:

Bag Seed #2:

Hash Plant #1:

Hash Plant #1 Detail:

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #328583 - 12/08/09 06:25 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

That looks more like a tear then something a bug did.  The split is too even in the leaf.

Still, keep your eye out for pests as your first pictures appeared to have some larvae on the underside of the leaves.

--------------------

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #328600 - 12/08/09 07:19 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

To answer your questions about watering, there is no set schedule.  You really need to just get a feel for when the pots are getting low on water.  I do this by feeling how much they weigh directly after watering them.  Then pick them up every other day to see how much water they have gone through.

Frequency is all going to depend on how big your pots are and how big the plants in them are.  I just transplanted seedlings from small cups into 2 gallon pots about a week ago and I still probably wont have to water for another week is my guess.

Remember, the top soil isn't an indicator for how dry your pot is.  The top surface soil drys out a lot faster because it's getting hit with light and wind, if your using fans in your room.

A good rule of thumb in my opinion is it's better to underwater a little than to over water.  You'd be surprised how dry they can get without it affecting your plant too much.

--------------------

-niteowl

OfflineJRC
Stranger
 User Gallery

#328612 - 12/08/09 07:53 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

right on, thanks.

OfflineJRC
Stranger
 User Gallery

#328813 - 12/09/09 09:19 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

The plants seem to be turning around from the over watering, except for one, very droopy. I guess all I could do is wait for the soil to dry, right? Is there no technique for getting the soil to dry sooner? I mixed up the surface soil a little with my finger just trying let more air in there..

okay thanks.

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #328814 - 12/09/09 09:29 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Just leave it be, it will dry out in time.  The more you mess with it the higher chance you can have of doing something else detrimental.

The plant will recover and soil will dry out.  Be patient, it will pay off.

--------------------

-niteowl

OfflineJRC
Stranger
 User Gallery

#331162 - 12/14/09 09:22 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Hi again,

I want to start giving fox farm grow big to my two healthiest looking plants- one a very bushy hash plant, looking very nice. The other is a bag seed plant that is my fastest grower.

Two questions today :

1.)  Do these two plants look ready to begin giving them a small dosage of the Fox Farm Grow Big? Do you suggest pouring in with the water or foliar feeding or both?  They are 3 weeks old. 
Hash plant :

Hash plant and the bag seed:

2.)  On one of these plants-(the bag seed plant)there are two leafs on it that have some funny looking spots.  Different than the others I've asked about in the past.  From the Shape and look of them maybe it was some drops of water that got burned by the light? or maybe some sort of mold? hope not.

Thank you for your comments.

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #331575 - 12/15/09 12:13 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Put it in with the water, and mae sure to go very light on the feeding.  Those plants are not very big and will be easy to over do it.

Not sure on those marks, they do look like the shape of a water drop though.

--------------------

-niteowl

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies