Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinecritik
Closet Monsters!
Male User Gallery

Going to start a grow soon. Bag seeds! Any Suggestions? READ
    #428062 - 06/03/10 02:12 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Well I am planning on starting my grow soon. The seeds are Bag seeds but those always seem to be a adventure around here. Now let me say I am quite new to growing I have done it before but it was outdoor with a success. I let mother nature do it's part and Delicious Northern Light buds were brought my way. Due to lack of sun, Buds were small and the total harvest was like 6 grams dry.

But now Ive decided to do a small Indoor grow 5 plants total. 3 of the 5 are the same strain. The other 2 seeds are different. I might just Grow 3 Depending on the feedback from you guys about my Closet size.

Now The closet Is were I will be growing I have been planning out my tech I am going to use. But I need to know what you think and what i should change or just what I should do period.

Well now I was planning on doing the Scrog method after the plants have been vegging for about Hmm well Does anyone recommend a Time in the vegging stage to introduce a Scrog? If not I was guessing around 18 inches tall. What do you think? Also How big should my squares be on the screen?

I plan to Germinate the seeds doing the paper towel method.  Then planting them in BLUE keg cups. With a Mix of Coir/Verm And maybe some Perlite. (((Now I haven't quite got the understanding of the whole nutrient thing I mean I got some crushed oyster shells If that helps? But when it comes to when to feed it the nutrients and how much To mix in with water I am clueless At the moment))).

I plan on letting them veg till about 10 inches tall and transplanting them into 2 gallon pots Where then they will veg to about 18 inches tall like I said. That's when I would like to apply the screen(might do some pruning). Now I am not sure how long it takes for the plant to react to the screen being there and create the tips through out the screen(Be nice if some one knew).

But when I do see that happening I plan on putting it in the flowering stage 12-12 dark/light cycle. Then from there Well from here I heard "Nutrients should be provided with each watering when first flowering." Now is that when I start the flowering stage or when I find out there females? Or is this not important?

Now I have pretty much told you everything I am kind of in a rush Sorry if things are spelled incorrectly.

I think I got everything down other then when to give a plant its nutrients. I know you water when the soil(or what ever was used) gets fairly dry.  But if anyone could help me out with the nutrient thing it would be much appreciated. Or if any tips or special tech's That I should use that you think will be good be free to tell me PLEASE..

Thanx....

Now the Grow Closet.

The width is 23" inches/Length 55"/Height I have plenty of height. Any ideas tho? IS the closet to small?

--------------------

"you know, when you want something really bad and you close your eyes and you wish for it? God's the guy that ignores you"
"I got something that will fit in that hole... its right here in my pocket"
"Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

Loc: High Flag
Re: Going to start a grow soon. Bag seeds! Any Suggestions? READ [Re: critik]
    #428063 - 06/03/10 02:18 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

The closet is fine, I'm just wondering how you are going to get air circulating through there

and if you veg until 18 inches and your plants grow another 2 feet during flowering which they likely will, then you have 13 inches from your lighting...That's too close.

I would remove that shelf to give yourself another few feet :thumbup:

--------------------
Suck my balls America

Offlinecritik
Closet Monsters!
Male User Gallery

Re: Going to start a grow soon. Bag seeds! Any Suggestions? READ [Re: mhbound]
    #428065 - 06/03/10 02:25 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Well I was going to use a Fan in the closet and a fan Pushing air out.
Ok See problem is I need the shelf I am going to hang the lights and screen from there.

And the whole point of the Screen is to keep them short and growing under the screen. Do you really think that they would go up through the screen 2 feet if i let them? I could always just keep the tip under the screen longer.

--------------------

"you know, when you want something really bad and you close your eyes and you wish for it? God's the guy that ignores you"
"Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?"

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

#428067 - 06/03/10 02:35 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Oh I missed the part about the screen..

Nevermind I'll shutup.

--------------------
Suck my balls America

Offlinecritik
Closet Monsters!
Male User Gallery

#428068 - 06/03/10 02:44 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Ok well thank you tho. PLease other people make suggestion.

--------------------

InvisiblexX42oXx
"The Seeker"
Male

#428231 - 06/03/10 11:23 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

nutes are easy bro just feed every other watering or ever 2 waterings and i would do the full dose depending on what nutes u buy they all have mixing tables on the back most are 3-4tbl spoons per gallion of water then just mix and give every lady a nice watering...first i would look in to buying some quality nutes

Offlinecritik
Closet Monsters!
Male User Gallery

Re: Going to start a grow soon. Bag seeds! Any Suggestions? READ [Re: xX42oXx]
    #428410 - 06/03/10 07:07 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Anyone else?

--------------------

Offlinekickin-two-hundo
|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅| ♪♫♪♫♪♫
Male User Gallery

Loc: afghanistan
    #428429 - 06/03/10 08:02 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Hey idk if you've seen this post by furrowedbro but it covers all the different teks, scrog is in there down at the bottom.

http://www.growery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/239247

U should use a screen with pretty decent sized holes, 1"x1" at least, maybe a little bigger if you know what chicken wire is, its the perfect size. Give it about 3 weeks to grow before you start training it with the screen.

Nutrients are really easy, it tells you how much to use on the bottle and you usually do half what it tells you while its vegging, and give it full strength flowering nutrients when it is flowering.(which when its in vegetative you use a fertilizer with more nitrogen then potassium or phosphourous, and when its flowering you're going to want one with higher levels of potassium, and phosphorous then nitrogen. when you look at nutrient levels on a fertilizer package it will be look like 20-10-15 or somthing, the first number is the nitrogen second is the phosphourous and the third is the potassium

Oh ya and i like how you emphasized that you were using BLUE dixie cups, like that really matters lol. good luck man

--------------------
The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.

anything and everything i post on here is completely fictional and come straight from the deepest depths of the black hole which is my mind.

Offlinekickin-two-hundo
|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅| ♪♫♪♫♪♫
Male User Gallery

Loc: afghanistan
Re: Going to start a grow soon. Bag seeds! Any Suggestions? READ [Re: kickin-two-hundo]
    #428431 - 06/03/10 08:05 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Also if you want a good successful grow and some quality bud i would reccomend using quality nutrients, not some miracle grow or anything like that from walmart. I would use something like foxfarm, canna, dutchmaster, general hydroponics, advanced nutrients, something that is actually somewhat intended to be used on weed.

--------------------
The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.

anything and everything i post on here is completely fictional and come straight from the deepest depths of the black hole which is my mind.

InvisiblexX42oXx
"The Seeker"
Male

Re: Going to start a grow soon. Bag seeds! Any Suggestions? READ [Re: kickin-two-hundo]
    #428450 - 06/03/10 08:36 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

^^^Agreed! Micro Nutes Are Imortanat i would say more important then any phosphorous turns out the plant dosent use much...just a waist..look for a nice balance of NPK...nitrogen and micro nutes are used the most by the plant
any of the brands he just mentioned are gunna have atleast some micro nutes ya cant go wrong...and as for the ScRog Good Luck Love to see your results :laugh:

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

Re: Going to start a grow soon. Bag seeds! Any Suggestions? READ [Re: xX42oXx]
    #428457 - 06/03/10 08:43 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Nitrogen is used most during vegetative growth, during flowering it practically stops using it..At which time it starts using more Phosphorous.

--------------------
Suck my balls America

InvisiblexX42oXx
"The Seeker"
Male

#428471 - 06/03/10 08:55 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

i hear it depends on the strain....on what amount of NPK the plant will take durring veg..then over the flowering but from my understanding the cannibis plant dosent use near as much phosphorous as the nutes have in them..there was an interesting artical i can rember reading on this..how heavy phosphorous use in cannibis Flower growth isnt really happening...infact more nitrogen was used durring flowering...i wish i could find it but the plant samples showed much less phosphorous use then previously Thought

*Edit..Just An interesting concept not sure how much truth there is to it phosphorous never seem to hurt :wink:

Edited by xX42oXx (06/03/10 09:00 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds