Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinepong
Male User Gallery

what lights/space do i need for...
    #42608 - 05/29/08 06:17 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

i want to grow
4 ounces each month to properly medicate.

what kind of system do i need to achieve this goal?

please help me figure out what i need so i dont buy equipment that i do not need.

Edited by pong (05/29/08 07:59 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinepong
Male User Gallery

Re: what lights/space do i need for... [Re: pong]
    #42631 - 05/29/08 07:59 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

bumpalicious

this is important to me at the moment.

Offlinehightimes
Male

Loc: aussie land
    #42640 - 05/29/08 08:12 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

well for 4 Oz every month i **think** your going to need 2 grow rooms

stuff you'll need:
ph tester
fan
air inlet fan (to bring air in)
exhaust fan ( to let air out)
thermometer
nutrients
medium or soil
lighting 

theres others but i am tired lol
also im scanning integral hydroponics soon so if ya want i will link ya to the torrent good book helps out with the basics and stuff :thumbup:

Offlinepong
Male User Gallery

Re: what lights/space do i need for... [Re: hightimes]
    #42643 - 05/29/08 08:33 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

yay.. anyone else have any more helpful input?

OfflineHanky
Fat Ladies Bingo

Loc: Ass Flavour Pie Factory
    #42663 - 05/29/08 09:52 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

You'd have to start flowering two new veged clones every three weeks to a month, working on a flowering time of 9 to 12 weeks.

As said you'll need two rooms, one for veg one for flower, four oz's from two plants would be easy and you'd only have to veg the clones for about two weeks to get them to a size that'll give two oz's each.

A bunch of fluros or a 250w MH lamp would be perfect to keep a mum and root and veg two clones per month and a 400w hps will be sufficient for the flower room.

You'll need fans for each room and a carbon scrubber for the flower space.

You'll have to decide on a method of hydro to suit your needs and get the related equipment.

--------------------
Coaster Said:  "wut do u post bout flumbooyon"

OfflineSirius
Saturn Ascends

Loc: The Milky Way
Trusted Cultivator
    #42665 - 05/29/08 09:55 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

pong said:
i want to grow
4 ounces each month to properly medicate.

Well, first you're going to have to decide if you want to harvest four ounces every single month, or, since it seems you only need four ounces every month, if you'd be more interested in doing a bigger grow that will give you enough to last for a few months. Your question is very open-ended, so its not really possible to tell you exactly what you need, since there are so many factors and variables to consider.

If you grow your plants in a more or less natural manner (as opposed to a lot of training or different methods like sea of green or scrog), you could expect anywhere from an ounce to four ounces depending on the strain. Generally, I think you'd need about a square foot per plant like this. If I remember correctly, a good rule of thumb to figure is that you need at least 50 watts per square foot for HID lighting. If you assume a yield of two ounces per plant, you'd want two square feet for every month of toking. Keep in mind that cannabis will be in the flowering state for around two months, and you could have them in vegetative state from one month to two months as well.

A good idea would be to have a separate room for vegetative growth so that the flowering room could be replaced with plants ready to begin flowering with harvest. Another idea would be to sequence the growing so that you're introducing new plants into the flowering room every week, two weeks, month, whatever best suits your needs so that you harvest more frequently. Keep in mind also that you'll want at least a few weeks for a decent dry and start on the curing process if you let your buds last that long.

Another important factor you need to contemplate is air exchange. You'll need to be completely replacing the volume of air in your grow room twice in one minute. You'll need to find the cubic feet of your room, multiply it by two, and find an in-line fan that is rated to extract that much air in one minute (for example 170 cubic ft/m). Of course, you may also have to consider using carbon filtration on that extracted air if smell is a security concern where you are growing.

That should be some perspective to take in order to start figuring out how much space and subsequently light you'll need to grow depending on how you plan on arranging your grow and then to start researching into what you'll specifically need to make it happen.

--------------------

Offlinepong
Male User Gallery

Re: what lights/space do i need for... [Re: Sirius]
    #42711 - 05/29/08 11:27 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

thanks you guys. i will upload a complete plan of my grow tomorrow to see if y'all approve or would do something similar.

i am thinking 400W hps 100W cfl carbon scrubber,
wooden frame with panda plastic enclosure.

plan to be uploaded tomorow!!!

thanks again d00dz!

OfflineKybish

#43798 - 05/30/08 03:17 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Legendary

That guy has a cabinet 2 feet wide, ~1 foot deep, and ~2 feet tall

He pulls 3/4 to 2 ounces a week in said cabinet

He uses a sea of green growing style, where clones are given a chance to establish roots, and then put right into flower.
Each Clone will end up producing 4-21 grams once finished.

Seeing how he has a 9 week strain, he needs 27 plants to maintain ~1 ounce per week (3 get harvested every week, 3 get put in every week)

And my favorite part about the grow . . . he does it all with cfl's!!!

I highly suggest everyone check out his grow, it has inspired me to follow in his footsteps.

Seeing how you wanted 4 ounces every month, this should suffice.

--------------------
Damn do I love my herbs

Offlinepong
Male User Gallery

Re: what lights/space do i need for... [Re: Kybish]
    #49200 - 06/02/08 07:31 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

oh dang, that looks like a good plan. but that would be illegal i can only have 12 immature and 6 mature plants.

Offlinejust me
GreenThumb
Male

Loc: MO/TX/FL/HI
    #49514 - 06/02/08 11:40 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

you could do a 2X2X4h box for one plant and pull a cutiepie off it easy every month...

and have a veggie bar set up to where you can just throw in a clone you snip from the flowering plant right b4 you put her into flower. then by the time shes done, the vegging clone will be big enough to throw in the flowering box. and continue to repeat this cycle every month...

--------------------

-and for all your ETHNO SEEDS needs come see us @ www.freeseedring.nl

Offlinepong
Male User Gallery

Re: what lights/space do i need for... [Re: just me]
    #51501 - 06/05/08 05:00 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

just me said:
you could do a 2X2X4h box for one plant and pull a cutiepie off it easy every month...

and have a veggie bar set up to where you can just throw in a clone you snip from the flowering plant right b4 you put her into flower. then by the time shes done, the vegging clone will be big enough to throw in the flowering box. and continue to repeat this cycle every month...

elaborate please

Offlinejust me
GreenThumb
Male

Loc: MO/TX/FL/HI
    #54270 - 06/09/08 05:01 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

i just re read what i posted. it sounded like i was saying off the same plant pull a qp each month, but obviously this is not possible.

what i meant was with a new plant each month you could get a qp in a space that big.

good genes and good lights and good nutes = big buds :crazy2:

--------------------

-and for all your ETHNO SEEDS needs come see us @ www.freeseedring.nl

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order