Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMof
Male

Seedlings and Light Schedules
    #827413 - 07/17/17 03:53 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Say my seeds are germinated

do I have to have them at 14 hours of light now

Can I keep them on a 12 hours of light schedule for a couple weeks a month
before veg?

Im not asking if I should do 12 hours I'm asking if I can

Edited by Mof (07/17/17 03:56 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleWatermelon
Stranger

Re: Seedlings and Light Schedules [Re: Mof]
    #827415 - 07/17/17 04:01 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

No the light will break

--------------------

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Seedlings and Light Schedules [Re: Watermelon]
    #827423 - 07/17/17 04:29 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Your going to risk the plant going into flower. You'll probably have a lot of larf from going back into a vegetative period. There's a technique called "monster cropping" that focuses on re-vegged plants to create a bushier plant. I'm not sure if you want to do it with seedlings. I've only seen it done with fully flowered plants that get most of the buds removed and placed back into veg.

If they're just in the bottom of your flower room to get things started just pull them out at night and put a 23w CFL on them for an extra few hours a day to keep them in veg. They wont grow as fast as with the more intense lights, but it will solve some heartache beforehand.

Its the prolonged hours of darkness that triggers the plant to flower. I've *heard* that as little as 5minutes with a flashlight every few hours during a power outage will prevent them from going into flower. Not sure how true that is cause most power outages are only a few hours and one day isn't usually enough to induce flowering.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

OfflineTheman
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Seedlings and Light Schedules [Re: phychotron]
    #827444 - 07/17/17 09:43 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

You have several weeks of not month before it will flower from germ. Cultivar dependant and i have never 12ved from seed  and could give a bit of a shock as they quisi r3veg. Not sure why u wanna do that? Will grow faster under more light.
Are just wondering if ur plants will be ok or are looking to save power?? Not worth it as again wont grow as much either under less light.

Lol sorry re read and changing light schedule just stresses plants and slows growth and may promote hermie once flower because of light stress. If for whatever reason get few days of 12 here or there prob be ok but zero reason ro do that.. why would u wanna do that?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies