Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Boomr Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleT-Rex
Herbsman
Male User Gallery

Loc: Devils Marbles Flag
Thinking about going indoor
    #406388 - 04/25/10 02:28 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

But I'm not too sure on what I'll need for this expedition. I completed my first grow last season outdoors with no problem, but after one of my plants got ripped I'm thinking about installing some lights, but I want to keep it in the same soil/pearlite/coco coir mix as I did outdoors last year.

The area I was going to use is a small cupboard built into the wall about 1m^2 and 2m high.

I only want to have one plant, as this is for personal use and not much more than a hobby, but I'm concerned about how narrow the area is and how this will effect the plant when its branches are hitting the walls. I'm also worried that the light might not make it all the way down and lower branches will wilt.

-Is the area too small?
-Will the branches be effected by hitting the walls, other than it growing in a different direction or something?
-What kind of light will I need?
-How long will it take from planting the seed to smoking the weed?
-Do I need to do anything differently in watering/feeding while its under lights?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! :jah:

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblexX42oXx
"The Seeker"
Male

Re: Thinking about going indoor [Re: T-Rex]
    #420290 - 05/19/10 10:30 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Well A Picture Of The Space Would Be Ideal.But IF You Are Only Doing One Plant Vertical Space Would Be The Only Issue And That Can Be Stunted By Topping Or Fiming It...I Would Grow An Indica And Any Side Branching Will Feel Out There Space On There Own And Correct..Lighting Its Hard To Say But I Would Look For A Switchable Ballest HighPressureSodium/MetelHalide In The 400Watt Range But If Thats Not Fesable Go With T5 Floresances...Time From Plant To Smoke Has Sevral Factors.One.Veging Time.Two.Amount Of Foot Candles.Three.Size Of Planter.Four.Plant Feedings.Five.Strains Flowering Developement Rate These Will All Be Factors In Your Final Out Put And When You Harvest...Hope This Helps Ya Get Started...Anymore Qustions Just Ask ;D

InvisibleT-Rex
Herbsman
Male User Gallery

Re: Thinking about going indoor [Re: xX42oXx]
    #420869 - 05/20/10 01:10 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Change of plans, I have decided to move it to the shed and have 3 plants trained similar to this

I have 3 different strains atm, Sweet tooth, same random bagseed I grew last season, and what I was told is white widow, although I think the guy I got them from is blowing smoke up my ass.

My shed is about 2.5m/1.5m and about 2m tall, will provide pics as soon as possible but its currently full of shit. And I also decided to go with a 400w HPS for the three plants, but I'm worried this wont be enough light for all three?

I'll have to put up some walls and figure out some sort of heating/ventilation system but I think it could be done and done well.

--------------------

InvisiblexX42oXx
"The Seeker"
Male

#420882 - 05/20/10 02:23 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

I Have A 400watt For My 4 Babys There Fine I Would Start Under A Metel Halide For Veg More Blue Spectrum If Your Ballest Is Interchangable Sweet Bro

InvisibleT-Rex
Herbsman
Male User Gallery

#420929 - 05/20/10 07:51 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Would it make a huge enough difference to warrant me buying the other globe/ballast?

--------------------

InvisiblexX42oXx
"The Seeker"
Male

#421006 - 05/20/10 11:28 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Well Thats An Big Expense But If You Got The Cash Yes I Would Hps Will Make Your Veging Stage Be Very Streachy And Reachy Not The Worst Thing Just Makes For alittle Flufflyer Nugs Metel Halide Are A Blue/White Color The Plant Reacts More To This Light Spectrum During The Vegitative State It Causes Closer Nodel Growth With Bigger More Lush Leafs. The Red/Orange Spectrum Is For Flowering The Plant Will React To This Light Spectrum More During This Stage makeing Space For Large Heavy Colas :smile: So Its Really All In Prefrance

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Loc: State of Mind Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #421466 - 05/20/10 11:33 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Why do you type like that?

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

BlueBerry_Swisher said:I want French fries. No, I want a penis French. Thank you. I'm so excited. I can not contain myself. Now I eat chocolate. It is so good. I'm trying to rub it all over myself. And then lick. Now I need a hot shower. The end.

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #421467 - 05/20/10 11:37 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

81renaissance said:
Why do you type like that?

:rofl2:  Good damn question.

Quote:

T-Rex said:
Would it make a huge enough difference to warrant me buying the other globe/ballast?

No. If you only have an HPS ballast then you should save your money and just veg with that. I think switchable ballasts are worth the money, but buying two ballasts just to veg under a blue spectrum is not.

--------------------

InvisiblexX42oXx
"The Seeker"
Male

Re: Thinking about going indoor [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #421495 - 05/21/10 12:30 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Ahahah idk HABBIT lol Why Dose IT Matter!!! LOL

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #421498 - 05/21/10 12:36 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

xX42oXx said:
Well Thats An Big Expense But If You Got The Cash Yes I Would Hps Will Make Your Veging Stage Be Very Streachy And Reachy Not The Worst Thing Just Makes For alittle Flufflyer Nugs Metel Halide Are A Blue/White Color The Plant Reacts More To This Light Spectrum During The Vegitative State It Causes Closer Nodel Growth With Bigger More Lush Leafs. The Red/Orange Spectrum Is For Flowering The Plant Will React To This Light Spectrum More During This Stage makeing Space For Large Heavy Colas :smile: So Its Really All In Prefrance

These plants were vegged under an HPS bulb. Are you going to tell me you think they're stretchy and reachy?

--------------------

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #421499 - 05/21/10 12:39 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

not trying to rip on ya btw, just trying to show that there's more than one right answer in this hobby. Nothing is set in stone :discorex:

--------------------

InvisiblexX42oXx
"The Seeker"
Male

Re: Thinking about going indoor [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #421500 - 05/21/10 12:42 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Nope but there are alot of foot lums in that picture im not saying hps makes a plant reach alot it just isnt the ideal light spectrum for veg growth and causes slightly more node space then a MH

InvisiblexX42oXx
"The Seeker"
Male

#421501 - 05/21/10 12:46 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Oh of course yah there is no true set way and you may do as you see right so long as you can show you got some practice and proof of its effectiveness presonally i think the plant likes alittle of both worlds through its whole life :wink: Maby Even Alittle :sunny: Shake Things Up Natures A Wild Thing

OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bright Side of the Sun
    #421573 - 05/21/10 10:31 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

xX42oXx said:presonally i think the plant likes alittle of both worlds through its whole life :wink: Maby Even Alittle :sunny: Shake Things Up Natures A Wild Thing

After using MH and HPS on my last grow, I have to agree with u.

--------------------
Child of the 60's, Tripping ever sence.

InvisibleT-Rex
Herbsman
Male User Gallery

Re: Thinking about going indoor [Re: KaptKid]
    #422997 - 05/24/10 04:09 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Yea I think I'm gonna go with Harry on this one, no offense to anyone else but he has the TC tag and that goes a long way in my book.

The next step in this grow is to move out all the shit and possibly sell it, and then I'll get started on the log.

Keep your eyes peeled for it in the next month or two (hopefully)

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Boomr Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds