Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineDephect

Folding@home Statistics
Running a portable AC
    #415500 - 05/10/10 07:12 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Okay. So my future mother in law is coming into town with my fiances sister and they will be staying for two weeks at two story studio loft :eek: Okay so I either have to only flower my plant for 5 weeks and chop it down or I can move it into the attic with my tent, which is what I want to do because I want my mothers and my clones too, and I want my Bubble Jack plant to finish.

Could I run a portable AC in the attic to cool it down? Its not that big. Would I have to vent in from the outside with it? Anybody have experience with these or growing in attics without that much insulation in general?

Any advice?

I really want to keep my plants. I can all ready keep them out of the attic because they are allergic to cats and dogs and that is where I am putting the pet beds and cat tower while they are here.

Peace :jointsmile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Running a portable AC [Re: Dephect]
    #415503 - 05/10/10 07:26 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

I would move it into the attic.  Yes your going to have to vent the esxhaust outside the attic, but there should be vent in the roof that will allow you to do that.  I'm assuming that this isn't an in window AC, but one of the stand alone units that vents with flexible ducting.

You should be good to go man.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

OfflineDephect

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Running a portable AC [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #415597 - 05/10/10 09:15 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah for sure. Okay, so the thing is, the pipe that vents out of the house from the roof is metal. Keep in mind this is a rental. Not my house. I could saw a V in the pipe and vent out of it by duct taping duct, and before I move out, put the V back in and I can seal it back up with quick steel.

Or I could drill a hole through the roof, which in my mind is not a good idea but it might work.

Would the intake of the porto AC be the one connected to the outside?

Maybe some pictures might do justice?

I would appreciate all the advice I can get on this.

Hawk +5 for all your help :jointsmile:

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #415610 - 05/10/10 09:29 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

No the exhaust is the one connected outside, blowing carbon monoxide, I think it's CO and not CO2, out.  The air conditioner recirculates air in the room itself.  That makes it way more efficient, so your not continually cooling new air coming in your cooling the same air.

Yeah I would just cut a hole in the existing exhaust tube and fix it before you move.  But cutting into isn't too big of a deal if you just install one of these

http://www.amazon.com/Broan-Nutone-636-Roof-Vent-Only/dp/B000BQW6LE/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1273548418&sr=8-3

Most roofs have these on them already, they're cheap and don't look suspicious or out of place.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

OfflineDephect

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Running a portable AC [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #415613 - 05/10/10 09:33 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Word. Sounds good. I just want to be able to keep my babies cool.

:awehigh:

InvisibleDataM
That Guy
Male

Loc: Southwestern US Flag
    #417094 - 05/13/10 08:54 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

CO and CO2 from an A/C...not unless its an ammonia absorption chiller with a hydrocarbon heating unit...which its not unless you have a really old or really nice portable A/C

and hawksapprentice is right..all intakes should be in the air space...only the hot exhaust should be vented outside....you can run it for a bit to see which port is pumping out hot air to make sure you have the right one

peace,
agmotes165

--------------------
“The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you” -NDT

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag