Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblebrifunforme
Card Holder. Not really
Nute suggestions?
    #408583 - 04/28/10 11:02 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Ok, lets say you have 80-90 dollars left in your budget for things you need and you have your grow area,lights,exhaust,scrubber,soil, etc ec all ready. But you lack nutes what would YOU buy with 80-90 dollars? I have a huge jug of fox farm tiger bloom from a friend and a bottle of snow storm and ph up and down.

I need some nutes but 80 bucks is about all I have left in the budget for this grow, I will add the "less" needed nutes later. I just want to get the best for my money and what my plants will benefit most from right now and just add the additives the next grow. Please give me your opinions on what you would buy. I was thinking GH floranova or floralicios.

I will be growing in foxfarm ocean forrest so I might not need any "grow" nutes. Maybe some "Grow" additives? Thoughts,suggestions?! I may be able to throw in another 80 if it is absolutely necessary to give my babies the best.
Thanks everyone! You are all great help! :laugh:
OH! and who has the best nute prices?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Nute suggestions? [Re: brifunforme]
    #408588 - 04/28/10 11:18 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Well Floranova is your main nutrient, while Floralicious is an additive similar to Liquid Karma. 

It sounds like your already setup with your flowering nutes, just stick with the FoxFarm as far as that goes. 

So here's what I would do if I was in your situation.  Get Liquid Karma to help supplement your grow.  Start off adding a small amount in the first feeding with it.  Like 5ml's per gallon, and over the next couple of waterings bring it up to 12 ml's per gallon. 

Also grab a bottle of FoxFarm Grow Big.  Just so that they don't get deficient on Nitrogen in the later stages of growth.  I wouldn't add any of it at the moment since it sounded like you still have nitrogen in your soil to feed off of.

Third would be a hard choice for me.  It'd be between Gravity and Sweet.  And I think that Sweet would win out.  Plants love having the extra carbohydrates to feed off of, and it shows in end weight.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Invisiblebrifunforme
Card Holder. Not really
Re: Nute suggestions? [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #408600 - 04/28/10 11:34 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

So if I get those that will leave me with the following.

Fox Farm tiger bloom

Snow storm ultra

Liquid Karma

Foxfarm Grow Big

Botanicare Sweet Carbo Berry

This should be sufficient and make the babies pretty happy given environmental factors are good?

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #408608 - 04/29/10 12:13 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Oh yeah.  That's a very good foundation right there.  There are really only a few other things that I put into my plants.  And those are just to try and get that very extra little bit out of the plants, or to make them stinkier.

--------------------

-niteowl

Invisiblebrifunforme
Card Holder. Not really
    #408816 - 04/29/10 01:51 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks! One other question, lets say I wanted to go with hempy buckets would I need any other nutes besides the veg nutes?

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #408818 - 04/29/10 01:58 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

well you definitely can't use soil in hempy buckets.....

but assuming you're ditching the ocean forest soil and going with hempy's then no, you only need the veg nutes for veg and flower nutes for flower

--------------------

Invisiblebrifunforme
Card Holder. Not really
Re: Nute suggestions? [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #408884 - 04/29/10 03:27 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah, thats what I was tryin to say. Say I have all the above mentioned nutes but I go with hempy buckets instead of ocean farm. I would need to just add some veg nutes to the list and could keep everything else.

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #408917 - 04/29/10 04:35 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Yup, if you don't plan on vegging long you could probably even get away with just using the FN Bloom.

My personal choice if I was in your position would be FN Grow + FN Bloom + Snow Storm + Kool Bloom Liquid/Dry.

Also, if you get the fox farm stuff and go hempy I'd be sure to pick up the line geared for hydro growing.

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

Invisiblebrifunforme
Card Holder. Not really
Re: Nute suggestions? [Re: coda]
    #408940 - 04/29/10 05:01 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks for all the help and tips guys! You all rock! :laugh: Now coda, you say FN? Is that fox farm?

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #408943 - 04/29/10 05:08 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Flornova.

--------------------

Invisiblebrifunforme
Card Holder. Not really
    #409334 - 04/30/10 07:03 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Coda, any particular reason that you choose floranova over the foxfarm nutes? Im just tryin to get an idea and background on nutes.
Thanks again everyone! Im hoping to start a journal soon!

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #409338 - 04/30/10 07:23 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

I like Floranova more than foxfarm as well.  There's nothing wrong with foxfarm nutrients, I've used them in the past with great success.  But Floranova has micro-nutrients in it already, where as with FoxFarm alot of the time your going to have to supplement with things like Cal-Mag.

I suggested foxfarm to you before because you were already using that series for bloom.

--------------------

-niteowl

Invisiblebrifunforme
Card Holder. Not really
    #409345 - 04/30/10 08:01 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

So I should prolly just go with floranova all together and just save the tiger bloom for later?

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #409584 - 04/30/10 05:12 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Well if your going to go with Floranova you might as well just sell the Tiger Bloom.  There's nothing wrong with Fox Farm nutrients man, they work great.  Even with Floranova I have to supplement with CalMag.  So it's not a guranteed thing. 

A cheap alternative to CalMag is Epsom salt BTW.

--------------------

-niteowl

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #409596 - 04/30/10 05:26 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

I use floranova because of it's simplicity and potency. If you go that route you wouldn't need the tiger bloom (although I recommend picking up the Kool Bloom).

--------------------

OfflineCaptainCaveman
Male

#410060 - 05/01/10 01:04 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

This is what Im using, and Im on my first attempt. Cost  me $40 on Amazon. Besides being a
"mixer" "kit" it has everything you need (supposedly)
"The Recipe for Success Starter Kit, (RFS) is ideal for both the new and experienced gardener alike. This self-contained package of ten exceptional RFS products includes everything required to set you on the right course for gardening success. The Recipe for Success Starter Kit consists of B.C Bloom, B.C Boost, B.C Grow, Thrive Alive B-1 Red, Thrive Alive B-1 Green, Awesome Blossoms, Rootech Cloning Gel and the famous Recipe for Success mixing chart. The mixing chart shows the customer how to successfully use their nutrients in combination and for maximum benefit, from the cutting stages through to the flowering stages. Technaflora Plant Products Ltd. will donate proceeds from every U.S. purchase of this cost saving kit towards the Hydro for Hunger program, which is dedicated to bringing low-cost hydorponic techniques to developing counties. The product sizes for the Recipe for Success Starter Kit are as follow: B.Grow/500ml; B.C Boost/500ml; B.C Bloom/500ml; Rootech Cloning Gel/7g; Thrive Alive B-1 Red/125ml; Thrive Alive B-1 Green/125ml; MagiCal/125; SugarDaddy/250ml; ROOT66/250 "

--------------------
Captains Grow Log

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Loc: No where ville, USA Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Nute suggestions? [Re: CaptainCaveman]
    #410072 - 05/01/10 01:26 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

coda said:
I use floranova because of it's simplicity and potency. If you go that route you wouldn't need the tiger bloom (although I recommend picking up the Kool Bloom).

I was going to say that.:rofl:
Quote:

CaptainCaveman said:
This is what Im using, and Im on my first attempt. Cost  me $40 on Amazon. Besides being a
"mixer" "kit" it has everything you need (supposedly)
"The Recipe for Success Starter Kit, (RFS) is ideal for both the new and experienced gardener alike. This self-contained package of ten exceptional RFS products includes everything required to set you on the right course for gardening success. The Recipe for Success Starter Kit consists of B.C Bloom, B.C Boost, B.C Grow, Thrive Alive B-1 Red, Thrive Alive B-1 Green, Awesome Blossoms, Rootech Cloning Gel and the famous Recipe for Success mixing chart. The mixing chart shows the customer how to successfully use their nutrients in combination and for maximum benefit, from the cutting stages through to the flowering stages. Technaflora Plant Products Ltd. will donate proceeds from every U.S. purchase of this cost saving kit towards the Hydro for Hunger program, which is dedicated to bringing low-cost hydorponic techniques to developing counties. The product sizes for the Recipe for Success Starter Kit are as follow: B.Grow/500ml; B.C Boost/500ml; B.C Bloom/500ml; Rootech Cloning Gel/7g; Thrive Alive B-1 Red/125ml; Thrive Alive B-1 Green/125ml; MagiCal/125; SugarDaddy/250ml; ROOT66/250 "

I'm not to impressed with this product.

A friend and myself have been running it for about 8 months and still haven't got the bugs worked out.

But if you like it yourself try adding in Snow Strom Ultra, and using gravity around week 5 or 6, it's well worth it.

OfflineCaptainCaveman
Male

Re: Nute suggestions? [Re: Stoneth]
    #410142 - 05/01/10 04:34 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Oh, this is just a supplement for  mine, Im using horse  manure, lime, etc, as well as fish guts. My babys aint gonna need  much feeding.

--------------------
Captains Grow Log

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom