Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

Loc: Wild & Free
Re: Deserves it's own thread [Re: TomCollins]
    #407034 - 04/26/10 02:14 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Like I said, to each his own. You're allowed to do what you want. However, I don't think people shouldn't be allowed to be naked on a beach for example. There is nothing wrong with that.

Well, that is why there are naked beaches and clothed beaches. So you can keep those people separate.

And I just hate being cold, and being naked tends to make me cold more often.

Also, Maybe I don't want people to stare at me?

To me I think seeing a persons genitals should be something only doctors and significant others should see.

But as you said differing viewpoints.

So let us just stick to our separate beaches and promote social stability. Because that is what keeping them separate does.

--------------------
"Je pense, donc je suis (I am thinking, therefore I am)." -Rene Descartes

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTomCollins

Re: Deserves it's own thread [Re: Thebooedocksaint]
    #407043 - 04/26/10 02:38 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Thebooedocksaint said:Well, that is why there are naked beaches and clothed beaches. So you can keep those people separate.

Well I think this is a little bit different in America. I think there are normal mainstream beaches were people are by law required to wear clothes, and then there are the uncommon, secluded, out of the way, remote nude beaches.

You shouldn't have to separate people because some prefer clothes at the beach and others don't. It shouldn't be like that. People should have the right to be unclothed at any beach.

You should be civilized enough as a member of the Western world to be able to give people the respect and privacy they deserve.

Quote:

Thebooedocksaint said:Also, Maybe I don't want people to stare at me?

Lol, no ones going to stare at you. Believe me, you are not that special. :lmafo: Wow.

Quote:

Thebooedocksaint said:To me I think seeing a persons genitals should be something only doctors and significant others should see.

Who cares? I mean holy crap, we're animals! There really is no justification for outlawing public nudity. Whether or not you feel comfortable being naked yourself is the only question you should be asking. I think it's outrageous in the United States one cannot go to a normal beach and be naked, legally! That's absurd! It's my body for crying out loud! Let me do what I want with it!

OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

#407048 - 04/26/10 02:52 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Lol, no ones going to stare at you. Believe me, you are not that special. :lmafo: Wow.

I'm not saying that I am special, but if my junk is out there. There is an exponentially greater chance for people to look at my junk (because get this, if I'm not naked it is more difficult to see my junk).

Quote:

There really is no justification for outlawing public nudity.

Maybe it has to do with social stability.

Step 1: People do not like public nudity.
Step 2: People outlaw public nudity to keep it away.
Step 3: If people are nude in public they are removed.

Causing people to not become upset from seeing people naked ensuring social stability.

Quote:

I think it's outrageous in the United States one cannot go to a normal beach and be naked, legally!

Now you just sound like you don't respect other people rights to be able to choose not to be around someone that is naked. Do you not understand that some people just do not enjoy being around naked people?

Quote:

Who cares? I mean holy crap, we're animals! There really is no justification for outlawing public nudity.

Go back to my second point.

Quote:

That's absurd! It's my body for crying out loud! Let me do what I want with it!

Oh you can, but you have to be around people that are ok with what you are doing. Or alone.

--------------------

OfflineTomCollins

#407049 - 04/26/10 03:11 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

I honestly think this is just a mentality that can be easily converted in the right environment. The problem is in the United States, there is already a law in place.

I have met many Americans who like you, covered their crotches up with their hands in Saunas, and had to close their eyes when a women walked in. After a few months, they were just like everyone else, and said it feels more liberating not having to worry about people looking at you or being clothed - you just have to learn to not care. It's really not a big deal.

Can you find a particular reason you feel uncomfortable other than you find it indecent? With that said, would you agree that ones idea of decency is established by ones peers and society? Or do you believe your way is the one and only correct way? I'm not saying you should be forced to be naked, what I'm saying is public nudity should be tolerated.

Can you find a particular reason you don't like someone snatching a glance at your peewee? Why does that bother you? Just cuz? :tongue:

You should not feel uncomfortable around people who are unclothed and you should not feel uncomfortable being unclothed around others. This is a strange and very unnatural tendency that has been shoved into your head as something normal, whether you want to believe it or not. 

Some people don't enjoy being around blacks, or arabs. That doesn't mean we shouldn't allow certain people in certain places. Some people don't like others that smoke, that doesn't mean we should ban it. Just because we don't like something, doesn't mean we shouldn't allow it. We need to learn to be tolerant of everybody and their differences. People should be allowed to be naked at beaches, and people should learn to be tolerant of this.

I have a right to be naked at any beach I want. It's my body, I'll take my clothes off if I want. In front of you and anyone else. I am not ashamed of myself and I am not afraid of other people and how different they may look.

But whatever, continue to wear your bathing suits. I'll continue to feel the breeze. Hee hee... :tongue:

OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

#407055 - 04/26/10 03:21 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

I honestly think this is just a mentality that can be easily converted in the right environment. The problem is in the United States, there is already a law in place.

>>Implying that your way is right because you view the other side as having a "problem" that causes them to view it that way.

Quote:

I'm not saying you should be forced to be naked, what I'm saying is public nudity should be tolerated.

And I am more in favor about a separate but equal situation.

Quote:

I have a right to be naked at any beach I want.

And the police have the right to take care of you if you do it at the wrong beach.

Quote:

It's my body, I'll take my clothes off if I want.

And until that post I kept up the argument because I thought you felt that it wasn't a right vs. wrong argument, but that it was a one side vs another side. Clearly you feel that you are right and I am wrong, and feel like you should win because you think you are special and the world revolves around you.

So you will get no more posts out of me.

So I'm going to make like a discorex and leave.

:discorex::discorex::discorex::discorex::discorex::discorex:

--------------------

OfflineDoitagain
Smoothie therapist
Male User Gallery

Loc: i am everywhere and nowhe...
    #407062 - 04/26/10 03:28 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Nah dude you don't have a right to offend the sensibilities the locals wherever you are.  In germany if you are allowed to go to any public beach butt naked then by all means go.

But just as you would not walk into a mosque if you are a topless chick, you should not be exposing your genitalia in places where it is not called for.  You need to respect the cultural norms of society wherever you go, even if you disagree with them.

I'm not ashamed of being naked but i would still never wanna go to a nude beach because i'm sure most people their look disgusting naked.  If there was a nude beach that only allowed 18-30 year olds who were not excessively fat than i might go. 

I have no desire to see ugly people naked, that shit is disgusting.  Also is that really how it is in germany, when i was in spain in france i saw plenty of topless chicks on the public beaches but never a dude walking with his johnson out with hundreds of people and children on a crowded beach.

--------------------
ltd said:
fgts just don't understand

keep the shit

OfflineTomCollins

#407072 - 04/26/10 03:47 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Your are completely mistaken. Please don't get the wrong idea. I am not implying anything, this is merely what I believe and how I feel about the subject. Nothing more, nothing less. I respect your opinions and I find it interesting to hear how you feel about the matter. I find you to be one of the few people on this site worth having a discussion with.

I am not trying to say my way is right and your way is wrong, but I find your way to be a little intolerant. It is in actual fact intolerant and there is no denying it.

You say "I just don't feel comfortable around naked people." So why can you not learn to be comfortable around naked people? The only reason you feel uncomfortable is because you are so unaccustomed to it, and so naturally it is shocking to you when it happens. All I'm trying to say is, that there is nothing wrong with it, and with a little... ermm... exposure :tongue: you would feel more comfortable. There is nothing wrong with being nude.

I mean seriously, ask yourself this: Why do I feel uncomfortable around naked people? If they're doing no harm to you, anyone else or the planet, then why should it bother you?

Ask yourself this: Why do I feel uncomfortable being naked around others? Why do I care if someone looks at crotch?

As I said, I think we need to respect one another and tolerate the differences between us physically. I think it's wrong to force people to wear clothing at the beach if they don't want to, simply because we don't feel comfortable around other people who look different underneath the clothing.

Quote:

Doitagain said:
Nah dude you don't have a right to offend the sensibilities the locals wherever you are.  In germany if you are allowed to go to any public beach butt naked then by all means go.

But just as you would not walk into a mosque if you are a topless chick, you should not be exposing your genitalia in places where it is not called for.  You need to respect the cultural norms of society wherever you go, even if you disagree with them.

I'm not ashamed of being naked but i would still never wanna go to a nude beach because i'm sure most people their look disgusting naked.  If there was a nude beach that only allowed 18-30 year olds who were not excessively fat than i might go.

Your missing the point completely. Of course I'm not going to go to a church naked. I have some sense. However, in the appropriate settings, why can we not all be comfortable around each other naked? Why can we not feel ok, be unclothed around other people who are unclothed? We must we outlaw this?

Intolerance of nudity is wrong in my view. If you walk through a park and some chicks are lying out in the grass on towels naked and sun bathing, this should not bother you. This is very common where I live.

Quote:

Doitagain said:I have no desire to see ugly people naked, that shit is disgusting.  Also is that really how it is in germany, when i was in spain in france i saw plenty of topless chicks on the public beaches but never a dude walking with his johnson out with hundreds of people and children on a crowded beach.

Well I mean no it's not super common to see guys doing it, just because it can get a little cold down there and of course it's not the prettiest thing to see. :tongue: However, it is extremely common to see men lying down on the beach naked and sun bathing. There is nothing wrong with that. :shrug: Keep your eyes to yourself if you seriously cannot tolerate the way other people look. I just don't understand how people can be like that. I guess I'm just a freak.

--------------------
andyistic said:
Ok so let me bring you idiots up to speed.
The admins are tired of this shitfest being made the joke of the weed community on the Internet.

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

#407109 - 04/26/10 04:22 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

I'm completely tolerant of nudity.  If you're a chick and not a fatty.  Otherwise you're blocking my sun and my fun.

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:
you know what i did in english class? I came to class stoned out of my mind every day, i chugged vodka in the back of class, i put dead fish in the ceiling tiles. i put a gallon of old milk and orange juice in the file cabinet before winter vacation. i brought snakes in a tied up sweater and let them loose during class. i didnt go to school to learn, i went because i had to. i didnt care, and i didn't fucking listen to that stupid bitch. and i still don't fucking care. i tore the pages out of her books and burned them, and threw away all the books in the class, two books per day.  :twobooks:

OfflineDoitagain
Smoothie therapist
Male User Gallery

Loc: i am everywhere and nowhe...
Re: Deserves it's own thread [Re: THEBats]
    #407127 - 04/26/10 04:57 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

i'm totally tolerant and don't think it's wrong, i'm just saying you have to be tolerant of the cultural norms wherever you are.  It may not be inherently wrong, but doing it in front of someone who is likely to be made to feel uncomfortable is.

--------------------
ltd said:
fgts just don't understand

keep the shit

OfflineTomCollins

Re: Deserves it's own thread [Re: THEBats]
    #407450 - 04/27/10 01:31 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Doitagain said:
i'm totally tolerant and don't think it's wrong, i'm just saying you have to be tolerant of the cultural norms wherever you are.  It may not be inherently wrong, but doing it in front of someone who is likely to be made to feel uncomfortable is.

I am inclined to agree with you. I'm not going to go to the states and start dancing nude on Miami beach. Of course I would respect the ways there.

I'll be honest I never get nude on a beach, but I don't find anything wrong with it. I think it's wrong that it's outlawed on mainstream beaches in the states. I think the law imposes on peoples rights. That's all I'm saying.

A crime needs a victim in my opinion. I fail to recognize a victim in the case of public nudity.

Quote:

THEBats said:
I'm completely tolerant of nudity.  If you're a chick and not a fatty.  Otherwise you're blocking my sun and my fun.

Well yes. For one outcome to be possible however, so must the other. :shrug:

--------------------
andyistic said:
Ok so let me bring you idiots up to speed.
The admins are tired of this shitfest being made the joke of the weed community on the Internet.

Edited by TomCollins (04/27/10 03:25 AM)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale