Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineReverendGreen
Stranger
help. drooping leaves, yellowing/browning tips, discoloration. hydroponic.
    #400843 - 04/13/10 06:15 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

First time growing, doing an ebb and flow system with 9 plants from seed, 4 full moon and 5 indica aurora. all in 6 in. pot with hydroton.
Started with 20 gallons in the res and half strength GH floramicro, 10 tsp/gl.
a couple days before the 2nd week we had put in full strength on the nutrients.
we changed the res about 3 days after cause they weren't looking much better from overwatering and it'd been 2 weeks.
Only put in 16 gallons this time cause 20 wasn't needed and kept it at full strength nutrients, 2 tsp/gl. They started looking worse. tips of the leaves turned color first then the sides of the leaves, slowly worked its way up to the upper leaves. added cal-max 2 tsp/gl and only 6tsp's GH florabloom.
Just cannot pinpoint exactly whats wrong with them now.
The pictures i put up are from yesterday, just 2 days after changing the res.

temp is normally around 78-80 with 40-43 humidty.
i know its high temp we're trying to fix that.
Ph has been around 5.8-6.5 and does reach 7 sometimes. 

should i have flushed them with water when changing  the res? 
i'm thinking it could be a bad nutrients burn/nutrients deficiency, a little heat stress.
any help on what the problem could be is much appreciated!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDieselB
High Watt Closet
Male

Re: help. drooping leaves, yellowing/browning tips, discoloration. hydroponic. [Re: ReverendGreen]
    #400892 - 04/13/10 07:06 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

How is the ph going from 5.8 to 7? Probably some lockout from that.

You need to get your nutrient ratios nailed down, you can't just do it at random everytime you mix it up.

Fix the ph, keep it at 5.8, pull the nutrients back some and you should be fine. I'm also gonna recommend you start using your Bloom, Micro in a 2:1 ratio everytime. I take it you don't have the "Grow" anyway.

--------------------
If you ain't smokin' dro, you're smokin' reggie. :shrug:

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

Loc: High Flag
Re: help. drooping leaves, yellowing/browning tips, discoloration. hydroponic. [Re: DieselB]
    #400933 - 04/13/10 07:52 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

looks like heat stress to me. aim a fan at the top of the canopy see if that helps

--------------------
Suck my balls America

OfflineReverendGreen
Stranger
Re: help. drooping leaves, yellowing/browning tips, discoloration. hydroponic. [Re: DieselB]
    #400944 - 04/13/10 08:01 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

pretty sure its the ph meter. cause its only ever read 5.8, 6.5, and 7.
its been bouncing between 6 and 6.5 recently. definitely getting a better one though.

so are you saying i gotta change the res again and add less nutrients? or how else do you can you pull them back.
and ya i added the Bloom and some cal max 2 days ago after i changed
the reservoir.

thanks man i've been self diagnosing them and reading up just trying to get second opinions now that i got pictures.

OfflineReverendGreen
Stranger
Re: help. drooping leaves, yellowing/browning tips, discoloration. hydroponic. [Re: mhbound]
    #400946 - 04/13/10 08:05 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

mhbound said:
looks like heat stress to me. aim a fan at the top of the canopy see if that helps

ya i thought that too and raised the light so its about 28 inches away right now.
i'll definitely give that a try.

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: help. drooping leaves, yellowing/browning tips, discoloration. hydroponic. [Re: ReverendGreen]
    #401007 - 04/13/10 09:30 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

You pull back the nutes by just giving them less.  So yes, change the res. 

If that's all your pH meter tells you I'd say take it down to the hydro shop and have them compare it to one they use there.  If it matches up with that one great.  If not see if it's a calibration issue or maybe you have a crappy pH meter.  You should def. be able to get reading that are inbetween those.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: help. drooping leaves, yellowing/browning tips, discoloration. hydroponic. [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #402198 - 04/15/10 05:49 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

If you grow using a rez fuck a pen style meter.  Go with a truncheon stick.  Way more accurate and easier to use.

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies