Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineEpoo
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Arkansas
Perilite what nuts?
    #398878 - 04/09/10 11:34 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

ive never really experimented with much perilite for growing. what type of nutes would I need? If I did it I would just manually water them. dont really have the room for the reservoir.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleAmnesiac

Loc: Under the sea
Re: Perilite what nuts? [Re: Epoo]
    #399046 - 04/09/10 08:14 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

You would need a complete hydroponic nutrient since perlite has no nutrients of it own you have to supply everything that the plants need.
I would recommend General Hydroponics Flora series because it is fairly cheap and fairly easy to use and it because its the only quality nutrient I've used. I've heard their FloraNova is easier to use but it is a little more expensive.

OfflineDieselB
High Watt Closet
Male

Re: Perilite what nuts? [Re: Amnesiac]
    #399064 - 04/09/10 08:48 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Yes, you can hand water it, thats how I do it.

Do a search on Hempy buckets, thats the method you wanna use to grow in perlite without a rez. Take a look at the grow in my sig, thats exactly what I'm doing.

--------------------
If you ain't smokin' dro, you're smokin' reggie. :shrug:

OfflineEpoo
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Perilite what nuts? [Re: DieselB]
    #399072 - 04/09/10 09:04 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

thanks guys.. I appreciate the info.. Im trying to get more out of grow and want to experiment with new mediums. whats the difference between the two amnesic?

InvisibleAmnesiac

#399112 - 04/09/10 10:26 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

The Flora series is a three part (grow, micro, bloom) and the FloraNova is a two part (grow and bloom) that has the micro nutrients already mixed in the most popular ratio. Using the three part during veg you use grow and micro in different ratios then for flowering you use micro and bloom. Using the two part you use one for veg and one for flowering (except during the first few weeks of flowering you use both).
There are also some who use FloraNova bloom for the whole life cycle and some who use Flora micro and bloom for the whole life cycle (the lucas formula).

Here is a link to the feeding schedule recommended my General Hydroponics.

EDIT: apparently there is no lucas formula for FloraNova, sorry for any confusion.

Edited by Amnesiac (04/09/10 10:34 PM)

OfflineEpoo
Stranger
 User Gallery

#399117 - 04/09/10 10:34 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

awesome.. Ill see where I can snatch these up, and try it out on some bagseeds. Do you recommend going by the chart or a having a more gradual approach for the nutes.

InvisibleAmnesiac

#399128 - 04/09/10 10:53 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

The chart is a little heavy on the nutrients, when I start plants I usually start feeding them with 1ml per gallon of grow and 1ml per gallon micro and leave the bloom out for a little while. The mineral drain to waste program is fairly close to what I use, just remember that less is more and it is easier to correct under feeding than over feeding. :jointsmile:

OfflineDieselB
High Watt Closet
Male

#399429 - 04/10/10 07:17 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Amnesiac said:
The Flora series is a three part (grow, micro, bloom) and the FloraNova is a two part (grow and bloom) that has the micro nutrients already mixed in the most popular ratio. Using the three part during veg you use grow and micro in different ratios then for flowering you use micro and bloom. Using the two part you use one for veg and one for flowering (except during the first few weeks of flowering you use both).
There are also some who use FloraNova bloom for the whole life cycle and some who use Flora micro and bloom for the whole life cycle (the lucas formula).

Here is a link to the feeding schedule recommended my General Hydroponics.

EDIT: apparently there is no lucas formula for FloraNova, sorry for any confusion.

Not quite.. On the 3 part nutes, generally you use all three parts throughout the grow. Nowadays they recommend a straight 1:1:1 ratio for the whole grow, but you can do 3:2:1 for veg, and 1:2:3 for flower

The lucas formula eliminates the "Grow" part, and you just use Bloom and Micro in a 2:1 ratio, this remains throughout the grow getting 10ml/5ml for veg and 16ml/8ml for flower.

Also, Floranova does have a Lucas formula, it's 8ml of FLoranova Bloom.
Floranova is also considered a 1-part nutrient, as you are only supposed to use the Grow formula for veg, and then switch to the Bloom formula for flowering. However, the Lucas formula calls for just FN Bloom.

--------------------
If you ain't smokin' dro, you're smokin' reggie. :shrug:

OfflineEpoo
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Perilite what nuts? [Re: DieselB]
    #399494 - 04/10/10 09:29 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

ok cool. This my grow right now at the moment.. my veg room is kinda screwed .dont got alot going on there. This is my little indica girl, couple bag seeds. had her in VEG for about 2 months before I threw her off to flower got her in some extremely rich soil with about a 200W HPS 12/12 cycle. I had another one from the same batch and got a hermy off that one. so it got the chopping block. once i get my reflector built, and my other room setup Ill be trying the hemp buckets.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck