Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineEpoo
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Arkansas
C02 for your plants
    #398696 - 04/09/10 01:24 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Not sure if many people have tried this or not. Im a cheap ass and didnt want to put a deposit on a c02 bottle. So I had a friend show me this little trick.. you basically take a decent size tote fill with water add a little sugar and a tid bit of yeast, punch holes in the top and presto. when the yeast eats the by product is c02. just besure to add a little more sugar and replace with fresh water about every week. :thumbup: yes it does smell a little funky

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

Loc: Emerald City Flag
Re: C02 for your plants [Re: Epoo]
    #398734 - 04/09/10 04:28 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

That's an interesting idea, use a fungus to produce the CO2. Talk about indirect symbiosis....

For my grow (still going), I used vinegar + baking soda. Its good, but there's a lot of white by-product that you must throw away. And its messy, and sort-of expensive to set-up.

But other than the by-product it was clean (sort of), with no smell.....

I might consider that yeast idea, but the thought of having a room stinking with dead yeast sounds kinda nasty....I like my room to smell like weed or neutral....

Have you tried the yeast yet Epoo? I gotta know how it is working.....

But that's me.

OfflineEpoo
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Arkansas
Re: C02 for your plants [Re: TrueHerbCrystal]
    #398821 - 04/09/10 09:34 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Yes. Its what I'm using.. if I could find my digital camera I'd show you some pics. other than using Tupperware with holes punched in the top. you can get a jug kinda like the old novelty XXX moonshine type with the cork plug on the top and take a small nylon hose about 1/4 in diameter and poke little holes in it and run it around the inside perimeter of your grow room. Im only using it in my flowering room. my vegetative Im just spraying good ol carbonated water on them, when the light is off of course don't want to fry them. from what I can see in your pics, I can see where that gets expensive. I would think with the vinegar and baking soda it would be kinda like an short blast of air for your plant. The yeast is gonna give you a longer result and very little maintenance, and with the 1/4inch hose hardly any funky smell at all. In the theory it can live damn near forever as long as you feed it. just replace some of the water and add a little sugar once and week and you should be good. just remember when you start it off VERY LITTLE yeast. Hope this works for you, and please forgive me for my shit grammar.:tongue:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder