Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflinegeokillsA
······· º¿° ·······
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
New Ratings Content Guidelines * 3
    #396397 - 04/05/10 12:36 PM (14 years, 16 days ago)

Our rating system has been the source of ongoing dissatisfaction for a long time, so we are revamping the content guidelines to be more in line with what the majority of our members want. The main difference is that we will be enforcing our "no trolling / no flaming" policy for ratings; they will now be required to meet minimum standards of decency and relevance. Here's a general Q&A to help you jive with what we're trying to accomplish...

Q: So I can't leave bad ratings now?
A: Of course you can still leave bad ratings, and we hope you will when they're justified. However, ratings can no longer be abused solely to flame or troll other members. If you have a legitimate gripe with another member, rate them about it. But don't use the functionality as a toy, or as a way to circumvent existing rules about harassment.

Q: So if I just keep my ratings clean, everything's cool?
A: Besides the content of individual ratings, we hope to curtail abuse of the rating system. So for instance, inciting people to leave bad ratings for a user without any reason, or to prompt a meltdown, or to exact personal vengeance, is considered trolling or harassment. If you're utilizing the rating system just to entertain yourself or make members feel maligned, confused or angry - instead of for its intended purpose of providing actual feedback - it's probably not going to be allowed. Ultimately, like with all infractions we will decide on a case by case basis what constitutes misuse, but we will try to be fair and allow members to freely express themselves in ratings while remaining protected from malicious and organized abuse which they did nothing to deserve.

Q: Can I get in trouble for ratings I posted in the past, before the new rules took effect?
A: No. We may delete or edit old ratings to bring them into compliance with the new standards, or ask you to do so yourself, but it won't count as an infraction or be held against you in the future.

Q: Can I get in trouble for ratings I post now that the new rules are in effect?
A: Yes. We are adopting a "three strikes" policy for dealing with inappropriate ratings. After your second warning, your rating priveleges may be permanently revoked.

Q: What should I do if I notice a rating which breaks the new rules?
A: Please use the new Report link in the rating to bring it to the attention of our staff.

Q: Can I report an old rating that's been bugging me and get it removed?
A: You can report it and we'll evaluate the situation. If there's clear evidence the rating is against the new rules, we'll delete it.

Q: Can I post a rating which breaks the rules if I know the person I'm leaving it for won't care?
A: It's not our main concern but you should follow the same rules no matter who you're leaving a rating for.

Q: I thought you guys were about freedom of speech?
A: We are, but we've always had to balance those ideals with the need for some rules and guidelines to maintain a minimum level of order and civility. Disruptive and malicious behavior is already prohibited almost everywhere on the site, so this is just bringing those same standards to the rating system.

--------------------
Do Your Part!

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleandyistic
We got them veenoms!

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Lot
Re: New Ratings Content Guidelines [Re: geokills]
    #396401 - 04/05/10 12:40 PM (14 years, 16 days ago)

Here we go again. :nonono:

--------------------
Bastard greedy for salvia, want me to cheat, take advantage of a friend shroomerite G!

Tangerines said: "Real men quit cold turkey - alone in their rooms with no drugs."

OK so ... where is everyone? This place is so dead lately!

InvisibleSimisuM
Male User Gallery

Loc: Israeli in Flag
Re: New Ratings Content Guidelines [Re: andyistic]
    #396415 - 04/05/10 12:49 PM (14 years, 16 days ago)

i just posted this at the shroomery:

Quote:

it's about time Ythan/Geo!

the only reason people got used to it and even gave it a name "rating rape" is that it kept happening, now when people won't be able to do it ratings just might come back to be ratings...

personally i love my ratings, some of them are ACTUALLY relevant :yesnod:
i look at them from time to time and remember positive interactions with different people on different topics... i wouldn't want to opt out just because some people decided "lets have some good time and call this guy names"
further more i'm happy the shroomery (a community i respect) chooses not to give space for inane name calling and racial slurs... and i'm sure most of you people that use the word fag or nigger as an insult would not actually mind homoexuals or black people around you and would never call them that to their face.

it's no longer the 90's people, times have moved on... the internet USED to be all anonymous and all but well, not so much anymore. for some of it i'm happy for some not so much but to be able to have a civil conversation and to be able to PROMOTE it i'm very happy!

and i sure hope to see the growery avoid all these trends of trolling and bigotry the shroomery went through, this is a positive step by all means!

:thumbup:

--------------------
It's a WEED man!

OfflineChillWillis
old school fool

#396419 - 04/05/10 12:51 PM (14 years, 16 days ago)

YES!
  :trollslayer:

--------------------

It's not a war on drugs, it's a war on personal freedom.

OfflineTomCollins

#396421 - 04/05/10 12:52 PM (14 years, 16 days ago)

:billymaythumbup:

--------------------
andyistic said:
Ok so let me bring you idiots up to speed.
The admins are tired of this shitfest being made the joke of the weed community on the Internet.

OfflinegeokillsA
······· º¿° ·······
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
    #396422 - 04/05/10 12:52 PM (14 years, 16 days ago)

This thread has been closed.

Reason:
Nothing more really needs to be said about this.
Just giving you guys a heads up so you won't be caught off guard!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder